SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Lets be honest, the effect happened and no doubt some douche in government thought it was a good idea to make out it was a plan.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lets be honest, the effect happened and no doubt some douche in government thought it was a good idea to make out it was a plan.
Well norway pays a lot higher than us for menial jobs and works it fine. Why shouldnt the people doing lower skills jobs get paid more. Raise the living standard for everyone not just those fat cats with billions in the bank.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It all comes down to all the wastage in everything. Still too many chair warmers, the sort that can take a week off and nobody notices.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well norway pays a lot higher than us for menial jobs and works it fine. Why shouldnt the people doing lower skills jobs get paid more. Raise the living standard for everyone not just those fat cats with billions in the bank.

That isn't my point nor others, it is simply that the Tory plan came after the event which they are trying to take credit for now.

Also I'm sure Norway is a high wage high tax nation, not something the Tories seem to be planning.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Norway's cost of living is extremely high, and while they don't have a minimum wage, and in gross terms it looks like say, a shop assistant earns good money (about €35K a year) its all taxed at about 27% at that level and so disposable income is not that much higher than minimum wage in the UK, although you do get loads of social protections some subsidies. In addition, Norway has freedom of movement so it doesn't have to worry about trading friction (which is the underlying reason for the UK's truck driver problem; cabotage has been broken) or seasonal worker shortages.

Boris wants High Skills/Low Tax (using magical powers to do all the grunt work I assume) so definitely not Norway.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

total tax. Uk 45%
norway 38.5%

@DaGaffer yr argument doesn't hold up. Base rates may be more. But with all the other taxes and subsidies. Norway is less taxed than us.

Embattle

FH is my second home

total tax. Uk 45%
norway 38.5%

@DaGaffer yr argument doesn't hold up. Base rates may be more. But with all the other taxes and subsidies. Norway is less taxed than us.

Those appear to be the highest income rates, tax as a % of GDP:

Norway 41.7%
UK 32.8%

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most "recycling" ends up in other countries landfill anyway. But it's important to pretend to recycle.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

total tax. Uk 45%
norway 38.5%

It really isn't (Norway is about a 40% tax to GDP ratio, the UK is 33%), but that wasn't my point anyway; "low income" jobs in the UK are relatively quite significantly less taxed than similar jobs in Norway, so the the headline gross wage figures are misleading.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Most "recycling" ends up in other countries landfill anyway. But it's important to pretend to recycle.

Was a news thing recently about where I live.

They were collecting them individually but due to a lack of resource EVERYTHING was going into a incinerator. So all the people who were recycling were doing it for no reason. Highly annoying.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yep. You're being a prick over a single data point.

And you know it.

Prick.
No im just posting something that was interesting and was making a point of it not being an indicator of global warming or not. And to make sure you wouldnt call me a prick i posted the link from the article second which explicitly stated that it has no relevence to the over all global warming where you can even see in the second link that it says its been one of the top four warmest years.

so just why am i being a prick for trying to forstall you saying it by posting a follow up article ?

read and comprehend.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No im just posting something that was interesting and was making a point of it not being an indicator of global warming or not. And to make sure you wouldnt call me a prick i posted the link from the article second which explicitly stated that it has no relevence to the over all global warming where you can even see in the second link that it says its been one of the top four warmest years.

so just why am i being a prick for trying to forstall you saying it by posting a follow up article ?

read and comprehend.
Why post it if it's utterly irrelevant then?

I've been drinking since 3, but not following what the point and prod is for otherwise?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why post it if it's utterly irrelevant then?

I've been drinking since 3, but not following what the point and prod is for otherwise?
The point was as per the account posting it. It was quite interesting that the sputh pole had been down to -61 degrees this summer.

They then posted an update which was my second post.

i found the - number quite interesting. Do i need more of a reason?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"The global biodiversity framework replaces the plan for the last decade, which missed all 20 targets." :(

"Since 1970, there has been on average almost a 70% decline in the populations of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians."

And we're arguing about whether we should insulate housing stock because some people might benefit when we don't want them to.

We're a fucking crazy animal. Total economic reform is absolutely necessary, unfortunately.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Or we could use those billions not wasted on people who can afford to insulate their own properties on some relevant projects directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom