SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone recommend a waterproof solar led light with a timer?

I need one for my chicken coop. Want to put the solar on the roof, LED inside on a timer so it comes on from 4pm > 9pm. The guineas won't go back inside otherwise.
Wont work if its dark in the autumn / winter. Will need a battery too

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wont work if its dark in the autumn / winter. Will need a battery too
Yeah - was thinking a solar light, attached to a small battery that could give a couple more hours just outside the coop door.

Guinea fowl don't like going into dark spaces - and I want them to return to the coop at night rather than fly into the trees (to get eaten by our resident buzzard).
This cool looking mutha (taken from my bedroom window (hence the blurry). Normally sits on top of a telegraph pole looking at our field)1632433503894.png

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Could always stick a little wind turbine up too!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah - was thinking a solar light, attached to a small battery that could give a couple more hours just outside the coop door.

Guinea fowl don't like going into dark spaces - and I want them to return to the coop at night rather than fly into the trees (to get eaten by our resident buzzard).
This cool looking mutha (taken from my bedroom window (hence the blurry). Normally sits on top of a telegraph pole looking at our field)View attachment 44948
Cant you clip their wing feathers to stop them flying? Or net over the top of their enclosure?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cant you clip their wing feathers to stop them flying? Or net over the top of their enclosure?
Going to actually free-range them. I may clip their wings but other than the run attached to the coop (for when I'm away) they'll be able to wander.

Either way - I want them coming back at dark and guineas don't like going into dark places, so need to shine a light on the coop entrance to make it more inviting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Boom, headshot

Not really. It's kind of been predicted for a long while now.

China's communist party want total control of the system of money. Crypto, by design, takes it out of their hands. So what do you expect from the authoritarian asshats?

But you celebrate the communists m8 :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It means you won't be able to gain wealth from Chinese environmental damage any longer :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Seen plenty of petrol garages full today, going to cause what they are trying to avoid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We'll be low on petrol in some garages for a bit. Then we'll train then hire some more HGV drivers (at better wages than they previously got).

It's not like we're trying to train nuclear construction engineers. It's learning to drive a fucking truck safely. :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We'll be low on petrol in some garages for a bit. Then we'll train then hire some more HGV drivers (at better wages than they previously got).

It's not like we're trying to train nuclear construction engineers. It's learning to drive a fucking truck safely. :)

I don't think you understand how complex it is to be a truck driver and why the processes are fucked up to do it.

I had a mate who started the process (costing thousands of pounds) and the reputable company he went with has been dicking him around for months.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I know a few truck drivers, I couldn't even begin to get my head around the spacial awareness they have. It's not just trundling up and down the M1.

Edit. Yeah, wages will have to increase, as with any industry that relied on paying fuck all to foreign workers. All wages are going to have to go up because our unemployment levels are so low. Supply/demand, a great time to be working.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think you understand how complex it is to be a truck driver and why the processes are fucked up to do it.

I had a mate who started the process (costing thousands of pounds) and the reputable company he went with has been dicking him around for months.
The process and getting certified is a ball ache. But lets face it - it's not fucking hard is it. Not really.

Embattle

FH is my second home

You also need Class 3 in ADR to drive a tanker with petrol.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I *really* think it is though.

Practical HGV training takes only five days. However, the entire process, which also involves acquiring a license, requires eight to ten weeks

Hmm. Pretty fucking simple eh? But maybe the Tanker Petrol thing?

Here's the syllabus for the Petroleum Drivers Passport accreditation.

It's a half day training course in a classroom and a 45 minute multiple choice ticklist. With regular recerts. Hardly the stuff to break out in sweats about.

This is why it's low paid. Because it's fucking easy. Get a grip people. You can identify as a working class hero all you like - but if it means you start spouting shit to support this stuff then you've failed at rational thinking.

Driving trucks of shit about doesn't require a PhD in Astrophysics.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Weight distribution, physics, reversing a 16m trailer around a corner, trigonometry. Route planning (yeah not as much these days but still a thing) time management. Actually staying awake driving for so many hours.

It's not as simple as driving your hatchback to Tesco.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Man works in office all his life, thinks everything is easy"
Man has worked in several jobs, including at Unilever where one of his roles was supervising tanker drivers bringing all the dangerous chemicals onto site.

They're not the sharpest tools in the box. Because they don't have to be.

But yes. Now "man works in office because he's got the smarts to do so - and so he doesn't have to drive HGV's around at pittance wages".

Dress it up however you like. You're bare-faced lying if you say it's hard.

And by hard I don't mean "long hours" or "shitty conditions". I mean - hard in a way that significant portions of the population can't do it. Actually hard.

It's "hard" being a minimum wage care-home worker. You work in shitty conditions for minimum pay with wanky bosses and regularly get assaulted by your alzheimers-suffering residents. One of my best friend's missus' was one for 30 years. I know absolutely that it's "hard" - in terms of "it's a tough job".

But it's not fucking hard - is it? Otherwise it would pay.

If an HGV driver can do the well-paid jobs why don't they do them? Oh yes. Because they're fucking hard.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The reason it doesn't pay (or historically hasn't) is that as with anything, it's cheaper to hire Romanians.

Not so much now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The reason it doesn't pay (or historically hasn't) is that as with anything, it's cheaper to hire Romanians.

Not so much now.
I don't disagree with that. I can see upward wage pressure because of scarcity of resource.

But it's not scarcity of resource because the job is hard - it's because there's not a lot of people who find the job attractive. Up the wages and loads of people will do it - because loads of people can.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQgb5hXQGU

Bulgarians, not Romanians, sorry.

Edit: Lol. They do get a mention :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom