SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If you have 5 hours and can forgive the guy being a bit irritating then this is a very good analysis of what Chibnall-era does wrong :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_A7n83Rh0

I loved the thought of a female dr who ..... I have been a fan my whole life and it was terrible.. they pushed the equality agendas way to far to a point of it being ridiculous... Tom Baker and David Tenant are my Dr Whos.. I loved Christopher Eccleston but sadly one season was not enough for me to connect as much as I did with David Tennant.... Matt Smith was good but I had to mourn DT a while before I could watch Matt Smiths version.. I loved the female master also.

Sacha Dhawan (he was great in Mr Selfridge) does "bad" really well.. it would be my only reason to watch the latest season ...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yikes, AJ. A couple of years ago he looked unbeatable but now it seems like he's been totally found out. Slow and lumbering against a smaller, quicker opponent. I thought the difference in points whould've been higher tbh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
To me AJ has always been fallible, although quite a few modern boxers hide it well as there are so many belts and weights they essentially tend to avoid fights. Luckily for AJ this failure really isn't as bad as when that tub of lard beat him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Went to watch Genesis last night - figured I better had before Collins pops it.

Despite him not drumming, being sat in a chair and having obvious physical disability - they were fucking great. Really great :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Went to watch Genesis last night - figured I better had before Collins pops it.

Despite him not drumming, being sat in a chair and having obvious physical disability - they were fucking great. Really great :)

I have tickets too for October at the 02... looking forward to it!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't want to google this :(

Intersex people perhaps, not usual/standard trans people. None the less, what a stupid thing to say. It's like trans people you see online going "I just got my first period" after just going through a sex change.. its like... no... just no.....

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Intersex people perhaps, not usual/standard trans people. None the less, what a stupid thing to say. It's like trans people you see online going "I just got my first period" after just going through a sex change.. its like... no... just no.....
I seem to remember South Park covered that years ago

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Ah no, the gotcha is trans-men. In the main they still have the cervixes they were born with, therefore in bizarroworld you can't claim women=cervix owners. This would all be a lot simpler if we used different names instead of playing let's pretend. And no, that shouldn't mean prefixing the rest of us with "cis".

I'm also getting a bit tired of this oft-repeated mantra: "bear in mind that the trans community are amongst the most marginalised and abused communities ". Really? Really? For 1% of the population we seem to spend an awful lot of time, energy, money and ideological knot-tying on them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah no, the gotcha is trans-men. In the main they still have the cervixes they were born with, therefore in bizarroworld you can't claim women=cervix owners. This would all be a lot simpler if we used different names instead of playing let's pretend. And no, that shouldn't mean prefixing the rest of us with "cis".

I'm also getting a bit tired of this oft-repeated mantra: "bear in mind that the trans community are amongst the most marginalised and abused communities ". Really? Really? For 1% of the population we seem to spend an awful lot of time, energy, money and ideological knot-tying on them.

Ahhh I see, I missed that... they can bugger off then. Men aren't born with a Cervix, if you now indentify as a man, you can't say "I've got a Cervix" and still expect people to call you a man, you can't have it both ways.. which is what they seem to want.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just had my first car accident.

On a round about - lorry cut across into the inside lane and fucked up the front left of my car.

No dash cams, but he has, I wonder how this is gonna go down.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
If its a big company they will probably just pay out to get it over with more expensive to have some claim dragging on

Gwadien

If its a big company they will probably just pay out to get it over with more expensive to have some claim dragging on

Yeah, the guy tried to blame me suggesting that I shouldn't be driving on the inside lane of the roundabout when it's a two lane roundabout with plenty of room to go around, he just cut across.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, the guy tried to blame me suggesting that I shouldn't be driving on the inside lane of the roundabout when it's a two lane roundabout with plenty of room to go around, he just cut across.
Agree, but always remember: there's a lot of dead correct people.

Give HGVs a wide berth - the long back ends mean they often stray lanes even if the cab doesn't. Good drivers avoid that as much as possible by taking wider lines - but lets face it, they let any old cunt be an HGV driver. ;)

Gwadien

Give HGVs a wide berth - the long back ends mean they often stray lanes even if the cab doesn't. Good drivers avoid that as much as possible by taking wider lines - but lets face it, they let any old cunt be an HGV driver. ;)

That's the thing, I was there for like 2 and a half hours waiting and I was watching other HGVs take the exact same round about in the proper manner, there's no way that he was wholly in his lane around the roundabout.

I completely stopped too on the roundabout because I saw it coming but there was nothing I could do to completely prevent it.

I just hope Orm is right and they won't contest it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Straight lining can be done in any vehicle.
Not if there's a risk that other vehicles might be in danger, or even if other drivers might be scared by your action.

In that case, you follow the roundabout properly.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not if there's a risk that other vehicles might be in danger, or even if other drivers might be scared by your action.

In that case, you follow the roundabout properly.

My not very clear point is it isn't supposed be done at any time. I remember my motorcycle instructor pulling up near a set of of double roundabouts - Google Maps - and we got off the bikes and he made me watch the amount vehicles that straight lined the roundabouts and would of failed in a test if they did the same, thus we did these roundabouts a number of times on the bikes from different directions since they were in the test area.

My Class 2 training was more interesting, I remember just after getting in the drivers seat I was heading into traffic towards Hillingdon hospital and he got me to do a left turn from - Google Maps - Pield Heath road on to Colham Green road, besides being tight it was made worse by all the cars coming out of Colham Green road. I also remember my instructor taking me towards the only road in the test area where I would have to be concerned about the height of a bridge and would have to straddle both lanes to stay in the centre, ironically as we approached the bridge a lorry had already stopped in the left lane since he/she had an object on the flat bed that would of hit the bridge has they attempted to go under. The final classic was on this big junction - Google Maps - I was coming from the east (Shepiston lane) and he wanted me to go across to west (Holloway Lane) and I had a green light to cross both the north and south lanes of Stockley road but someone in the waiting traffic going north wasn't paying attention looked up and started to move thinking they had a green but it was a set of traffic lights on the next section not theirs so myself and the instructor both slammed on the breaks, at least we got a apologetic wave from the car driver.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I agree. I do find making sure theres room on the inside of any bend for a hgv turning is the prudent thing to do. They are big beasts and have the tendancy to move over lane markings when cornering.

so will always hold back or sprint forward to make sure im not along the inside of a trailer turning.

i would guess if they fight it they usually split the difference and go no fault and each vehicles owner pays for their own if theirs no evidence otherwise.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fixed it. A few issues, none major. PSU checked and ok, cleaned the main board, powered up fine. Some keys not working, discovered that when I typed "LOAD" and the O key did nothing.. Fixed the keys (fiddly little things), then the cassette recorder kept auto-stopping because it thought it was at the end of the tape all the time. Friction-based system so a bit of "moving shit around to free it up" fixed that.

And then I couldn't load any software onto it. A cassette/headphone adaptor works perfectly, but stuff I recorded to tape separately didn't. Turns out that the audio files I was recording to tape were getting inverted at some point, so a quick inversion in Audacity and that works now.

Only thing left is to try to improve focus on the screen as its slightly soft in the corners, but I dunno if I can be arsed. Now I want a TRS-80.

PS I'm not sure why the video file below doesn't play. Maybe it's just my computer.

PXL_20210926_195641776.NIGHT.jpg
View attachment PXL_20210926_163734580.mp4

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Fixed it. A few issues, none major. PSU checked and ok, cleaned the main board, powered up fine. Some keys not working, discovered that when I typed "LOAD" and the O key did nothing.. Fixed the keys (fiddly little things), then the cassette recorder kept auto-stopping because it thought it was at the end of the tape all the time. Friction-based system so a bit of "moving shit around to free it up" fixed that.

And then I couldn't load any software onto it. A cassette/headphone adaptor works perfectly, but stuff I recorded to tape separately didn't. Turns out that the audio files I was recording to tape were getting inverted at some point, so a quick inversion in Audacity and that works now.

Only thing left is to try to improve focus on the screen as its slightly soft in the corners, but I dunno if I can be arsed. Now I want a TRS-80.

PS I'm not sure why the video file below doesn't play. Maybe it's just my computer.

View attachment 44974
View attachment 44973
nice wish i had your skill with electronics. Its fun but i can never get my head arpund the maths involved..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom