SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Most countries would struggle without food imports.
Must he some countries that wouldn’t. Else whos doing the exporting.

im not talking about exotic or out of season stuff. Im talking about being self sustaining in food that can be produced by our farms etc.

if we cannot sustain that then we have too many people on this island.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Im talking about being self sustaining in food that can be produced by our farms etc.

if we cannot sustain that then we have too many people on this island.
Already covered in previous posts.

Small scale organic farming can produce an order of magnitude more food denisty than our large monocultural intensive farms, with significantly less chemical use, without destroying the soil and bringing multiple environmental benefits - at one cost (or benefit?): uplift in manual labour.

We can already do it. But vested interests stop us.

We don't make it as a species.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Already covered in previous posts.

Small scale organic farming can produce an order of magnitude more food denisty than our large monocultural intensive farms, with significantly less chemical use, without destroying the soil and bringing multiple environmental benefits - at one cost (or benefit?): uplift in manual labour.

We can already do it. But vested interests stop us.

We don't make it as a species.
So you want more than 64 millions ppl here? And more building because we have only developed 6% of the land as @Tom pointed out?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So you want more than 64 millions ppl here? And more building because we have only developed 6% of the land as @Tom pointed out?

I don't think there's much you can do about it; our birthrates are slowing, sure, but we're still gonna need a mahussive migrant workforce to pay for boomer pensions, you boomers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was talking exclusively about the viability of the UK in a farming context.

I couldn't care less about the rest of it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

I'm willing to bet the biggest reason people think the UK is overcrowded is traffic on the roads. Because at night, when most people are in bed and the roads are quiet, it doesn't seem at all overcrowded to me.

I rode 120 odd miles on Saturday and for about half that ride, I encountered hardly anyone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm willing to bet the biggest reason people think the UK is overcrowded is traffic on the roads.
Mine is that I went to Llyn Geirionydd today and it was so overcrowded, despite it being a little-known-about hidden away part of Snowdonia with a long single track road to get to it there must have been at least a hundred cars, some parked incredibly dangerously down the road as the car park was massively beyond capacity, and a packed packed lake.

Serves me right for living in a holiday destination? Maybe. The UK is only 49th on the list of most densely populated countries - but the fact is there are too many people here.

But that's because there are far too many people in the world.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Mine is that I went to Llyn Geironydd today and it was so overcrowded, despite it being a little-known-about hidden away part of Snowdonia with a long single track road to get to it there must have been at least a hundred cars, some parked incredibly dangerously, and a packed packed lake.

Serves me right for living in a holiday destination? Maybe. The UK is only 49th on the list of most populated countries - but the fact is there are too many people here.

But that's because there are far too many people in the world.
Too many people full stop. The uk being part of it.

we cant have infinite growth in population or gdp.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
For somebody who desperately wanted to be out of the public eye he spends an awful lot of time trying to force himself back into the public eye.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm no royalist but you can demand privacy while telling people what you want them to know. I mean, I tell people I'm off to the toilet, but I don't return to discuss the consistency or size of my turds.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm no royalist but you can demand privacy while telling people what you want them to know. I mean, I tell people I'm off to the toilet, but I don't return to discuss the consistency or size of my turds.
If you ever feel the need my DMs are open. <3

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Never found Alan Partridge funny really. Very cringeworthy though

Alan Partridge was a weird one for me. I found the shows themselves terminally unfunny, but found other people quoting them hilarious?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh yeah, and further to my rant on the Annoying Things thread a couple of months ago, we've just had an offer accepted on a house!!!! :D

1930's Semi that's been recently refurbished and has a loft conversion.

Oh, and it has a bar in the back garden, along with a man shed. Winning.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Of all the bad opinions on this forum...

He's not the only one to think that. I have my own that always seem to surprise people:

The Royle Family - could never see the appeal, I never once laughed.

Seinfeld - hated it. terribly unfunny.

It's a Wonderful Life - never understood what's so wonderful about that film.

Shawshank Redemption - it's okay but the best film ever? seriously?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom