SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He created DOGE as a joke because he felt like that about crypto from the start. It's a parody coin. Then he made millions.

Serious crypto investors welcome regulation as crypto offers many advantages over fiat because of it's capability to be traceable, transparent and not manipulatable by governments (as they can't print it).

Cash is still king when it comes to fraud and crime. Banks are still utterly corrupt and completely opaque.

If you bring know your customer legislation for crypto in line with banks then immediately you'd have a far less criminally exploitable system than the one we have now. Period.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
*Votes for hyper capitalistic right wingers*

'Crypto is evil because it's for hyper capitalistic right wingers!'

Are you intentionally trying to be a parody of yourself?
Its just a thread by the guys who made doge coin.

just because you vote for a political party doesnt mean you agree with all of their policies. But on balance you think that they are better than tha alternative.

i have stated many times in here that i think capitalism is broken. But Labour dont offer an alternative to capitalism either.

none of the parties that you have an opportunity to vote for that have a realistic chance of being anywhere near power have a policy that changes capitalisms infinite growth model. Which can never be sustainable.

i guess you are bored cause Liecs schools have broken up for the summer.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It wasn't aimed at the individual occurrence for yourself but rather the last line, implying that anyone having trouble should go private. i.e. turn a blind eye to the cause of the trouble and just take the faster but more costly route, just as the tories want it. Yes, I probably should've been a bit more selective in the part that I quoted, but that was the part I was taking issue with more than anything.

I think you may have misunderstood that last line in fairness - it wasn't a suggestion for policy in the slightest, more friendly advice for any Freddy that was struggling, considering how variable GP surgeries are in the UK right now.

I personally couldn't give a shit who's delivering my healthcare, as long as it's available, easy to use and either paid for out of taxation or any additional charges are reasonable. If the Government do that, fine, if McCaptialist B'stard PLC does that, fine. I just like options in case the Primary Provider are having (entirely understandable) issues.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Climate change and pollution affects the poorer nations more than us. If you think what is going on in Germany is bad, take at the 3rd world.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Climate change and pollution affects the poorer nations more than us. If you think what is going on in Germany is bad, take at the 3rd world.

So definitely kill all the poorest then? Gotcha.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Personally while it is bad in Germany and no doubt global warming will make it more common it isn't anything overly surprising, I kind of get a bit miffed why people suddenly forget what rivers do and how they come about.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Personally while it is bad in Germany and no doubt global warming will make it more common it isn't anything overly surprising, I kind of get a bit miffed why people suddenly forget what rivers do and how they come about.

It's once in a lifetime flooding in Germany and Belgium. Sure flooding happens, but the scale of the current flooding is off the charts.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's once in a lifetime flooding in Germany and Belgium. Sure flooding happens, but the scale of the current flooding is off the charts.

Again I'm not denying that I just find we are often wilfully forgetful about the purpose of rivers, what they can and often will do.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It doesn't help that we don't really do much to slow runoff of water into rivers. In this country we have driveways galore replacing gardens, sheep-stamped fields not soaking up water, "flood control measures" that send the flooding downstream to some other poor sod, and housing estates constructed in floodplains.

The solution always seems to be to send the water elsewhere, but what we really need to think about more is keeping it where it is for longer.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It doesn't help that we don't really do much to slow runoff of water into rivers. In this country we have driveways galore replacing gardens, sheep-stamped fields not soaking up water, "flood control measures" that send the flooding downstream to some other poor sod, and housing estates constructed in floodplains.

The solution always seems to be to send the water elsewhere, but what we really need to think about more is keeping it where it is for longer.
thats why they reintroduced beavers in devon.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

The problem is population. And I am pretty sure you used to argue to build anywhere.

Locally and resourcefully, we simply do not have the land to house people, either we stop breeding or we stop immigration, even better, we stop both. Humanity just cannot survive at the rate we are expanding. The UK is literally running out of room, if we are to ever hope to be sustainable then our population needs to at least halve.

The only realistic way to stop immigration is to stop people needing to emigrate, which means proper, sustainable aid to the 3rd world, not throwing money at warlords. Environmentally, that horse has probably long bolted.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Locally and resourcefully, we simply do not have the land to house people, either we stop breeding or we stop immigration, even better, we stop both. Humanity just cannot survive at the rate we are expanding. The UK is literally running out of room, if we are to ever hope to be sustainable then our population needs to at least halve.

6% of land in the UK is built on. And that doesn't mean 6% of the UK is housing. We have plenty of space, but a poor planning system.

Embattle

FH is my second home
We dont want lots more buildings.

we need to make other countries to be more attractive to stay in.

we currently would struggle to feed all the people in the uk without imports.

Most countries would struggle without food imports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom