SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's funny isn't it @Embattle. The amount of money it would take to fix pipes and install the correct infrastructure for sewage treatment seems to be about the amount of money that has gone to private shareholders of the water companies since they were privatised.

So - the story so far and my prediction for the future:

• The Tories wrote off the huge debt on these companies (at the public's expense) before privatisation.
  • The companies paid billions in dividends to the new shareholders in subsequent decades.
  • The companies knowingly and illegally dumped hundreds of millions of tonnes of untreated shit into our rivers knowing that the fines are cheaper than the profits
  • The likelihood will be that these debt-laden (cost of fixing) companies will be brought back into public ownership (at the public's expense) whenever Labour get back into power.
  • The Tories and their voters will blame Labour for spending loads of public money.
  • Tories will get back in...

Meanwhile, the environment is literally filling up with shit. :eek:

Sorry @Moriath, maybe I should have put a trigger-warning on this post?

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's funny isn't it @Embattle. The amount of money it would take to fix pipes and install the correct infrastructure for sewage treatment seems to be about the amount of money that has gone to private shareholders of the water companies since they were privatised.

• The Tories wrote off the huge debt on these companies (at the public's expense) before privatisation.
  • The companies paid billions in dividends to the new shareholders in subsequent decades.
  • The companies knowingly and illegally dumped hundreds of millions of tonnes of untreated shit into our rivers knowing that the fines are cheaper than the profits
  • The likelihood will be that these debt-laden (cost of fixing) companies will be brought back into public ownership (at the public's expense) whenever Labour get back into power.
  • The Tories and their voters will blame Labour for spending loads of public money.

Maybe i over reacted before. I having a hard time with my depression.not an excuse but maybe why.

also you told me to stop poking at @Gwadien … maybe take a leaf from your own book :)

Embattle

FH is my second home

I don't see this in terms of party as since they were privatised no party has done enough be it Tory->Labour->Tory/Libs->Tory. It is highly questionable if they should stay as privatised companies since there isn't any actual competition between companies so very little to drive prices/competition and to me the problem is again attitude towards another company breaking the rules. Firstly the fine should actually gobble up all the profits made in the period of the offence, secondly they should at the same time be blocked from increasing prices to pay for said fine so ultimately it comes directly from those who profited from it and thirdly stop fucking saying it makes disappointing reading.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Fear not folks it's just another disappointing read :

I don't understand why we can't put the CEO's and execs in jail for this kind of thing? It seems like they willfully ignored the law, purposely obstructed the investigators and tried to hide their misdeeds. At the very least, privatise the whole thing, wipe out the shareholders, prevent the board members from sitting on any boards ever again, and generally, set a precedent that will force other companies to wake up and pay attention.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't understand why we can't put the CEO's and execs in jail for this kind of thing? It seems like they willfully ignored the law, purposely obstructed the investigators and tried to hide their misdeeds. At the very least, privatise the whole thing, wipe out the shareholders, prevent the board members from sitting on any boards ever again, and generally, set a precedent that will force other companies to wake up and pay attention.
Because that's not the law and laws can't be applied retrospectively.

By design.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Recently had my first experience of Private Health Care! Was having issues getting hold of my GP, so signed up for Doctor Care Anywhere through the wife's work. Signed up on Friday lunchtime, had my prescription by Saturday morning, including a proper diagnosis and tips on how to manage the symptoms (costochondritis again).

Highly recommended if your GP Surgery is as clearly overloaded as mine is.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Recently had my first experience of Private Health Care! Was having issues getting hold of my GP, so signed up for Doctor Care Anywhere through the wife's work. Signed up on Friday lunchtime, had my prescription by Saturday morning, including a proper diagnosis and tips on how to manage the symptoms (costochondritis again).

In this weeks episode of 'Tory said what?!'

;)

Syri

FH is my second home

Yep, rather than lobby for the much needed investment for the NHS, let's do what the tories want and pay for private instead, so they can justify what they're doing. Could you be more of a walking advert for the tories?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, shitfuck:

This is a big big deal. According to that the amazon has soaked up about 25% of carbon emissions since 1960. Now that's ended.

We is in the deep shit.

Meanwhile, in the corporate world:

:eek: Profit over sense. They should be saying "fine, but make sure this applies to all companies"

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yep, rather than lobby for the much needed investment for the NHS, let's do what the tories want and pay for private instead, so they can justify what they're doing. Could you be more of a walking advert for the tories?

Not sure if you've been paying attention, bit I've been lobbying for not shutting society down and making people too shit scared to get much needed medical treatment, so they don't end up needing urgent care 12 months later when their condition has got far less treatable. The NHS in my area are struggling right now with all the effects of lockdown I've been harping on about since this clusterfuck started, and rather than clogging it up further taking up valuable emergency resource (as my GP surgery suggested), I used a service which found capacity elsewhere in the system.

What would your suggestion have been? I go to the ED for some Naproxen?

Syri

FH is my second home
Not sure if you've been paying attention, bit I've been lobbying for not shutting society down and making people too shit scared to get much needed medical treatment, so they don't end up needing urgent care 12 months later when their condition has got far less treatable. The NHS in my area are struggling right now with all the effects of lockdown I've been harping on about since this clusterfuck started, and rather than clogging it up further taking up valuable emergency resource (as my GP surgery suggested), I used a service which found capacity elsewhere in the system.

What would your suggestion have been? I go to the ED for some Naproxen?
It wasn't aimed at the individual occurrence for yourself but rather the last line, implying that anyone having trouble should go private. i.e. turn a blind eye to the cause of the trouble and just take the faster but more costly route, just as the tories want it. Yes, I probably should've been a bit more selective in the part that I quoted, but that was the part I was taking issue with more than anything.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I feel a little dirty agreeing with Bodhi on this one, system we have here is that the small time GP visits are mostly handled by private sector, this is because companies are required to prove illness with a doctors note to qualify for insurance if employees are sick, but by law if they want a doctors note they have to pay for it themselves. What this has lead to is every employer pays for low level private access (GP, blood tests, nurses, flu shots, x-rays and such).

This means you can be seen, for free (to you, employer pays), on same day you want to book an appointment usually. It also frees up the public sector side for elderly and kids so waiting times there are also short (if kids are sick i can also get them seen on same day usually).

Bigger stuff is still handled by public sector, i had an MRI on ankle a few years ago ans had to wait a week, cost is a daily admin fee (€30 per day or so regardless of treatment, capped at €600 per year).

Of course like most nice things it works well until it doesn't :). In decade or so of living here ive had issues once or twice when needing to move from private to public as problem was bigger than i was covered for, but its gotten better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom