SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watching Commando, possibly Arnies best performance. They just don't make films like this any more.

'You said you would kill me last"

"I lied!"
Lots of class early arnie and van dam films cheeze and action is great some times.
red heat, raw deal, commando
awol for van dam :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Show me our actual camps.
Absolutely - we're not China. But that tech isn't to be used in camps - it's to be used in wider china.

My link? - The police pushing for indescriminate total surveillance of our population (which is already the most surveilled population in the western world)?

The po-po did it (in limited fashion) just because they could and despite objections. It was then ruled unlawful (and resulted in the arrest of an innocent IIRC) - and they're now appealing against that because they love it. Plod wants to treat everyone as a crim, and rule you out if you check out - because that's easier than finding only criminals without treading on all of us.

So no. Not that far away from what the chineese are doing. In fact - I'd argue that our facial recognition tech is way more advanced already.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So no. Not that far away from what the chineese are doing. In fact - I'd argue that our facial recognition tech is way more advanced already.

I bet it isn't. I remember listening to a speaker at a "big data" conference a couple of years ago and the guy (a proper sociopathic nerd) was positively creaming himself over Chinese AI and all the things the Chinese could do without pesky privacy laws getting in the way. It was terrifying listening to the tone of disappointment when he talked about the EU's restrictions (the conference was in Brussels). China has pretty much everyone's biometric data on file, criminal record or not, and any foreigner who enters China as well, no opt-ins or "rights to be forgotten" over there.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I bet it isn't. I remember listening to a speaker at a "big data" conference a couple of years ago and the guy (a proper sociopathic nerd) was positively creaming himself over Chinese AI and all the things the Chinese could do without pesky privacy laws getting in the way. It was terrifying listening to the tone of disappointment when he talked about the EU's restrictions (the conference was in Brussels). China has pretty much everyone's biometric data on file, criminal record or not, and any foreigner who enters China as well, no opt-ins or "rights to be forgotten" over there.
This indeed. I read some articles a few months back about some of the supercomputers China has dedicated to tracking every digital footprint and marrying it up with CCTV & AI facial recognition. Much of it would be illegal in the EU and our governments don't spend that kind of money on this. Google does but is limited by law in what it can do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I bet our actual tech is better in terms of recognition etc - but yeah the usage of it in China will be totally ubiquitous and that comes with it's own advantages (like you said, biometrics are all logged, no opt-outs etc).

It's a thin line we're treading here - someone'll knock the wall over eventually and next thing you know it'll be everywhere :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well fuck me there is something else in Luton other than a football team.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bought a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Not had one in years.
Each piece is a lot thinner than they used to be

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't know much about crypto but isn't that a massive risk if it is stored on a drive? What if you have a fire? What if the PC is stolen? What if the hard drive fails completely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom