SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whaaaaaaaaat

They can just do this?

Why don't they make all essential websites free? Surely that's a tiny amount of their traffic anyway.

Define "essential"?

In answer to your question, yes they can do this because in Europe net neutrality isn't a thing and ISPs can discriminate.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Define "essential"?

In answer to your question, yes they can do this because in Europe net neutrality isn't a thing and ISPs can discriminate.

Job searching (granted, you'd need a competent Government job search site), NHS 111 online etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's a bit of a slippery slope. If you start saying this and that is free and this and that should cost more (traffic wise) then it will eventually (shortly, probably) be abused.

Then if they started prioritising one thing over another...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's a bit of a slippery slope. If you start saying this and that is free and this and that should cost more (traffic wise) then it will eventually (shortly, probably) be abused.

Then if they started prioritising one thing over another...

They do prioritise one thing over another. Loads of telcos offer exemptions of content from data caps like Vodafone offering data exempt Spotify etc. You literally can't do this in the US but its fine over here.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The biological condition whereby a creature has half of its body female and the other half male is known as bilateral gynandromorphic hermaphroditism

1610410951825.png

SilverHood

FH is my second home
They do prioritise one thing over another. Loads of telcos offer exemptions of content from data caps like Vodafone offering data exempt Spotify etc. You literally can't do this in the US but its fine over here.

The US net neutrality was repealed already. The purpose of net neutrality was to prevent ISPs from throttling competing services, such as cable providers purposely sabotaging the connections for streaming service Netflix because they were in direct competition with it. They have moved away from such shenanigans for now, but they could sell high priority data plans through their new network, and put the rest through the old networks, and it would be totally legal.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It is a thing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think mammals are actually the only type that this doesn't happen, except for hermaphrodites, which isn't really the same thing.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just woke up from a wee nap on the sofa. Dreamt I was smoking a cigarette. I saw this really attractive girl who was giving me the eye in a hotel lounge. So I went outside to a garden, which turned out to be a veranda overlooking a maze. She started smiling at me and was walking up to me when I woke up. Dammit. That was a good dream. I've not smoked in over 5 years. Maybe if I popped to the corner shop for some fags, killed the Mrs, booked into a hotel near Hampton Court ....... :unsure:

No.

Lockdown :(

I want to go back to the dream... :eek:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just woke up from a wee nap on the sofa. Dreamt I was smoking a cigarette. I saw this really attractive girl who was giving me the eye in a hotel lounge. So I went outside to a garden, which turned out to be a veranda overlooking a maze. She started smiling at me and was walking up to me when I woke up. Dammit. That was a good dream. I've not smoked in over 5 years. Maybe if I popped to the corner shop for some fags, killed the Mrs, booked into a hotel near Hampton Court ....... :unsure:

No.

Lockdown :(

I want to go back to the dream... :eek:

I have been a non-smoker (of tobacco) for about 4-5 years now and still have dreams of smoking a cig, I enjoy every one!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I found kicking the fags easy...
...chocolate is a lot harder to give up
Which is weird because nicotine is supposed to be more addictive than heroin
Maybe I found it easy because I wanted to give up. Chocolate on the other hand...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have been a non-smoker (of tobacco) for about 4-5 years now and still have dreams of smoking a cig, I enjoy every one!
Probably 15 years now and it doesnt even enter my thoughts any more

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You say that, but if you could have seen the girl I dreamt about...wowza !
If she told you to stick a duck up your bum you would.
Followed by a cigarette
And an even bigger duck
She was g o r g e o u s

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watching Commando, possibly Arnies best performance. They just don't make films like this any more.

'You said you would kill me last"

"I lied!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom