SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Saving the vid for my missus @Lamp - she'll love it.

My problem with multi-bird roasts is that they all meld into one, so you don't appreciate the unique taste of the bird.

I bought two pheasants today. That'll be great.

Nice

I've just put a chicken in the oven.
The potatoes will go in soon - they'll be sprinkled with coarse sea salt and black pepper
:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are a bit of a food facist really.
Oh look. Fattie wants to eat shit.

Continue to eat that shit m8. This is about advertising. Nothing else. Advertising nutritionally useless, dangerous, processed food to kids. Kids who are obese, kids who grow up into fat cunts who cost us billions of pounds to treat because rich folk want to make profits.

You'll still be free to eat whatever the fuck you like. Corporations won't be able to spend hundreds of millions on advertising poison. That is all this is about.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Continue to eat that shit m8. This is about advertising. Nothing else. Advertising nutritionally useless, dangerous, processed food to kids. Kids who are obese, kids who grow up into fat cunts who cost us billions of pounds to treat because rich folk want to make profits.

You'll still be free to eat whatever the fuck you like. Corporations won't be able to spend hundreds of millions on advertising poison. That is all this is about.
Fuck you you little piece of crap. I didnt call you play ground names. Go pull that stick out of your arse.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I really don't think that's a reply I want to see here.... please can we chill out a bit? Everyone??

Ormorof

FH is my second home
@Scouse why is advertisement not protected under freedom of speech?

If some idiot spent his life tweeting the wonders of Cornflakes that would be fine, but a company account doing it would not?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really don't think that's a reply I want to see here.... please can we chill out a bit? Everyone??
But I thought everything was always Jobs fault? Isn't that what we read every 10 second on every thread? Everyone else is supposed to be perfect on here, right?

🤣🤣🤣

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I posted about advertising - a public health issue which is intrinsically wrapped up, like smoking, in hugley expensively funded funded corporate advertising to push non-nutritious food down our necks.

@Moriath responded (as he *always* does when I post anything related to diet) with a wilful misrepresentation of what I posted and a slight:
You are a bit of a food facist really. Fresh fruit and veg are your ayrian ideals.
cant work out if your just doing it to illicit a response or not.

you go on about freedom of speech but want nanny state to tell ppl what to eat.
Every thread on this subject is derailed in a similar fashion. So in response I called him a fattie.

It was a deliberate attempt to hurt his feelings - it worked and momentarily I felt good. Maybe in half an hour I'll feel bad about that, but right now, fuck moriath and his corporate apologism and his consistent derailing of any discussion about an important topic.

Back on-topic:
@Scouse why is advertisement not protected under freedom of speech?
Quite obviously it shouldn't be for a number of reasons - prime amongst them is that there is a profit motive driving corporations, not a "goodness" motive - so they'll sell you burning cancer sticks that they know will kill HALF of the people that buy them.

Half. Kill.

Second is that they don't just "post on twitter" - they use a huge advertising budget, backed by decades of social research on what works, to make their products desireable in ways that we cannot avoid across all our walks of life. Pit that against a few poorly funded focus groups.

There's loads more reasons - but you only have to look at this and realise that the status quo doesn't cut the mustard.

Humans will express their desire to eat shite. That's a freedom of speech (and action) point which I totally get behind. I won't agree with them - but I'd get behind it. But corporates? They're not individual actors but distorting voices that entrench poor behaviours in the global community because it's profitable. And you only have to look at the increasing prevelence of this and these sorts of results and you know that something must be done.

Climate Change.
Smoking.
Nutrition.
Beauty and fashion.

Pretty much anywhere where money has a distortive effect on human priorities.

With their outsized voices we're not free to form our own opinions and express them - they form our opinions for us - through advertising.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Fruit and veg are all well and good but on the other hand bacon exists.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
/peeks around the door

I'm still going to have a chocolate eclair covered in bacon, with scrambled eggs and a glass of champagne for Christmas breakfast
(followed by a few pigs in blankets and the gravy from Christmas Eve's roast chicken)
(followed by one or two samosas)
(then just one purple quality street before using the stair lift to take me to the bathroom)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I've got 9 rashers of bacon that need using up. I don't eat it as fast as I used to.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Went to peckforten castle today, essential exercise of course.
Its closed, on a hilltop in Cheshire and we walked freakin miles to climb up to it and we were the only ones there, we had the entire thing to ourselves.
It is pretty awesome.

peckforton-castle.jpg

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Went to peckforten castle today, essential exercise of course.
Its closed, on a hilltop in Cheshire and we walked freakin miles to climb up to it and we were the only ones there, we had the entire thing to ourselves.
It is pretty awesome.

View attachment 43129

Trespassing into fake castles?

;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It was a deliberate attempt to hurt his feelings - it worked and momentarily I felt good.

<SNIP>
Back on-topic:

And therein is my issue - we shouldn't be doing that so don't just 'anyway, back on topic' me, stop being a cunt to fellow forum participants.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I posted about advertising - a public health issue which is intrinsically wrapped up, like smoking, in hugley expensively funded funded corporate advertising to push non-nutritious food down our necks.

@Moriath responded (as he *always* does when I post anything related to diet) with a wilful misrepresentation of what I posted and a slight:

Every thread on this subject is derailed in a similar fashion. So in response I called him a fattie.

It was a deliberate attempt to hurt his feelings - it worked and momentarily I felt good. Maybe in half an hour I'll feel bad about that, but right now, fuck moriath and his corporate apologism and his consistent derailing of any discussion about an important topic.

Back on-topic:

Quite obviously it shouldn't be for a number of reasons - prime amongst them is that there is a profit motive driving corporations, not a "goodness" motive - so they'll sell you burning cancer sticks that they know will kill HALF of the people that buy them.

Half. Kill.

Second is that they don't just "post on twitter" - they use a huge advertising budget, backed by decades of social research on what works, to make their products desireable in ways that we cannot avoid across all our walks of life. Pit that against a few poorly funded focus groups.

There's loads more reasons - but you only have to look at this and realise that the status quo doesn't cut the mustard.

Humans will express their desire to eat shite. That's a freedom of speech (and action) point which I totally get behind. I won't agree with them - but I'd get behind it. But corporates? They're not individual actors but distorting voices that entrench poor behaviours in the global community because it's profitable. And you only have to look at the increasing prevelence of this and these sorts of results and you know that something must be done.

Climate Change.
Smoking.
Nutrition.
Beauty and fashion.

Pretty much anywhere where money has a distortive effect on human priorities.

With their outsized voices we're not free to form our own opinions and express them - they form our opinions for us - through advertising.

So how is that different from say, a politician using corporate money, or perhaps worse "unknown" / russian sourcred money pushing an agenda that will hurt millions? Isn't that also using money to create an outsized voice that tries to shape our opinions?

This is what I feel @Gwadien is on about when he talks about being concerned about reality being distorted not John Smith having a racist rant on twitter

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So how is that different from say, a politician using corporate money, or perhaps worse "unknown" / russian sourcred money pushing an agenda that will hurt millions? Isn't that also using money to create an outsized voice that tries to shape our opinions?

This is what I feel @Gwadien is on about when he talks about being concerned about reality being distorted not John Smith having a racist rant on twitter

It's also an example of what I like to call 'Veganism recruitment tactics' where you shout and insult your audience until they join your side.

I wonder how much more successful Veganism would be if they didn't have that approach.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So how is that different from say, a politician using corporate money, or perhaps worse "unknown" / russian sourcred money pushing an agenda that will hurt millions?
You're pointing at corruption and using that to try to protect corruption.

They're both shit.

Funding of lobby groups/cash for questions/political funding is a hot potato - because it distorts our democracy.

So yeah, just because one bad thing exists doesn't mean we can't deal with another bad thing.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im in no way in favour of advertising junk food, or cigarettes (actually advertising is reason i avoid many platforms), i am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of your position on this especially since you use your strong stance here to personally insult others, even though it appears to me its the opposite position you take when insulting @Gwadien

Money in politics distorts opinions, money in advertising distorts opinions. Both are dangerous, but protecting one is a hill you seem willing to die on

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
i am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of your position
It's not hypocritical?

I've explained why they're very different situations very clearly. If you can't understand the material difference between an individual's freedom of thought and speech and corporate entity action then that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's not hypocritical?

I've explained why they're very different situations very clearly. If you can't understand the material difference between an individual's freedom of thought and speech and corporate entity action then that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Political parties aren't individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom