SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Spitting Image used to be funny
I knew who everyone was
Now...
Who the feck is Jurgen?

Every celebrity wife looks the same {fake boobs, hair extensions, collagen lips, orange skin, thick...} not that it matters ofc but I don't recognise any of them. Real life or the puppets.

Not as good as the 1980s

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Spitting Image used to be funny
I knew who everyone was
Now...
Who the feck is Jurgen?

Every celebrity wife looks the same {fake boobs, hair extensions, collagen lips, orange skin, thick...} not that it matters ofc but I don't recognise any of them. Real life or the puppets.

Not as good as the 1980s
Not watched it. Maybe Jurgen Kloop the liverpool manager.

tbh all the wags and such tend to look the same just as you describe. Kinda depressing.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
With Brexit we're retreating from the precautionary principle to a more US style system.
Come on @Embattle. It's no secret - we're moving away from the (laughably inadequate, because we don't act on it very well) precautionary principle to a more US-style "do it and see what happens" system.

How can you facepalm that?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This is a common experience, Ive been ridiculed with coats on beds, cobbled streets, watch my wallet etc by southerners many over my lifetimes, quiet often by people from far poorer areas than where I live...and to cap it by people with strong regional accents from down south who actually believe they talk the queens english.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Come on @Embattle. It's no secret - we're moving away from the (laughably inadequate, because we don't act on it very well) precautionary principle to a more US-style "do it and see what happens" system.

How can you facepalm that?

Since that particular article is in no way related to Brexit.

At the end of the day we will elect those that make the rules, don't like something then put up a better opponent.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Since that particular article is in no way related to Brexit.
Yes it is. - I explained exactly how.

The precautionary principle is referenced in the article. It's a principle supposed to help keep us safe in the face of unknown threats.

Brexit means we're abandoning it on a societal scale. Ergo, the article is absolutely related to it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Again, a bullshit emote is not an argument. If I'm wrong - show me how.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
EkuKucsXUAoxXp1

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes it is. - I explained exactly how.

The precautionary principle is referenced in the article. It's a principle supposed to help keep us safe in the face of unknown threats.

Brexit means we're abandoning it on a societal scale. Ergo, the article is absolutely related to it.

I'm not sure about linking it to Brexit.

I'm sure it's fairly common knowledge that we eat millions of micro plastics daily due to our usage of plastic and there's microplastic in the air.

Job

Oh so the EU trading bloc is now protecting us from unknown fates.

No that would be our nuclear weapons and our world class intelligence thats been protecting Europe for decades and with Nato stopping the Germans from having a 3rd go, which is more difficult than it looks considering there are millions of people quite happy to buy into a nice little shopping club with a glossy brochure that surprise. surprise, decided it needed an army.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Oh so the EU trading bloc is now protecting us from unknown fates.

No that would be our nuclear weapons and our world class intelligence thats been protecting Europe for decades and with Nato stopping the Germans from having a 3rd go, which is more difficult than it looks considering there are millions of people quite happy to buy into a nice little shopping club with a glossy brochure that surprise. surprise, decided it needed an army.

Nuclear weapons vs toxic chemicals in food?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Again, a bullshit emote is not an argument. If I'm wrong - show me how.
It has fuckall to do with Brexit and you know it.

The article states it is already happening and has been for a while. We still follow all the rules and regulations of the EU so you could spin it around and say the EU regulations have failed us?

Stop spinning everything to be about Brexit. Next you will say the asteroid that is due to perform a close shave of Earth on Nov 2nd is Brexit's fault oh and we may as well blame global climate change. Give it a break for once.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It has fuckall to do with Brexit and you know it.
The precautionary principle failed us with plastics and because of brexit we're moving to a less safe system.

I"m not saying brexit is causal of the stuff in the article, I'm saying brexit is going to make this sort of stuff much more likely.

I know you don't like the message but that's the cast iron truth. :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The precautionary principle failed us with plastics and because of brexit we're moving to a less safe system.

I"m not saying brexit is causal of the stuff in the article, I'm saying brexit is going to make this sort of stuff much more likely.

I know you don't like the message but that's the cast iron truth. :(
Where is the evidence that this is the cast iron truth? I am not aware of us changing any laws around plastic use for the worse.

And if Brexit does lead to things like this being weakened you can bet your house that the Tories will be out in 2024 and someone with better realistic policy will be voted in and I will be first in line to do so.

Job

The Indys running a story on it with gory details of babies devouring plastic and then a little disclaimer from the study scientists that they dont want to scare anyone with the study headline because they dont really know what theyre are talking about.
The fact the entire undergroud water supplies and most modern houses are in plastic is yet to be an issue I see.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
With Brexit we're retreating from the precautionary principle to a more US style system.

This carries unknown and potentially systemic danger.

Or we could just suggest using glass bottles?

Don't get me wrong the precautionary principle is useful at times, but blind adherance to it will stifle innovation and human progress. For instance in the 60's, when we were looking to put a man on the moon, if we'd slavishly adhered to it, we wouldn't have bothered. No one would develop any new clinical drugs "just in case" - in fact it's debatable if we'd have even bothered leaving the ocean in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom