SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I saw an article yesterday how murderers that are children will get life sentences in the future.

Now this.

American prison system heeeerrreee wweee commmeee.

I would say its a Conservative approach, but its not, its gonna be a profit approach :)

Fine with drunk drivers or drivers who kill because they think the road is the ideal place to race their shitmobile getting increased punishments.

As for the kids, if you aren't fixing the underlying issues with gang culture etc then what's the point? America has demonstrated that just punishing people rather than fixing the underlying issues doesn't work.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Good?

You know, the law is there for a reason. If you break it and kill somebody - guess what - Prison.

I think some crimes should face the death penalty but you know, ethics are a thing.. (The major crimes)
Nope,

if i get into my car and for some reason make a mistake that inadvertently kills someone i think prison is the wrong place to be.

you dont think that the average person this happens too isnt torn apart inside for the rest of their life already.

its like do i even drive any more incase i end up in prison for life.

if there is negligence on the safety of the vehicle before its on the road then some time would be ok imo. But not life.

punishment is supposed to fit the crime and this is disproportionate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A consultation carried out in 2016 gave support for the new driving offence measures from victims, road safety campaigners and people who had lost loved ones.
So the baying dogs get their way.

Consultation should reflect all of society. As someone who lost his dad age 4, and very much understands the knock-on consequences, I don't support it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Good?

You know, the law is there for a reason. If you break it and kill somebody - guess what - Prison.

I think some crimes should face the death penalty but you know, ethics are a thing.. (The major crimes)

It doesn't add up, you can kill someone 'by accident' and be charged for manslaughter, if you kill someone 'by accident' with a car, you can get life - IE a murder charge.

As Moriath says - he breaks the law on a regular basis by driving at 80 mph on the motorway, so if he crashes into someone (whether it was his fault or not) he'd get life, because it's reckless driving.

As Scouse says, this shit destroys lives, and it's all on the back on people who have lost their loved ones, and the Tories are like aww yes, we have an excuse to bang people up for longer, and profit from them, rather then them being free and potentially a non-productive member of society because of their criminal record.

I really don't think the response to a boy racer (which is a phase most youths go through) fucking up is by locking them up for life, makes no sense.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nope,

if i get into my car and for some reason make a mistake that inadvertently kills someone i think prison is the wrong place to be.

you dont think that the average person this happens too isnt torn apart inside for the rest of their life already.

its like do i even drive any more incase i end up in prison for life.

if there is negligence on the safety of the vehicle before its on the road then some time would be ok imo. But not life.

punishment is supposed to fit the crime and this is disproportionate.

Getting so drunk or high that you are unable to control a motor vehicle or using the phone/stereo/a good book while driving isn't a mistake, neither is driving like a tool, it is a choice. People that kill while doing this should face maximum prison time (not necessarily life) because through their own free will decided to risk killing someone, and succeded.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Good?

Come off the high horse for a sec, unless you can honestly say you have never broken a law? People break laws all the time, speeding, piracy, etc.

Gwadien

Come off the high horse for a sec, unless you can honestly say you have never broken a law? People break laws all the time, speeding, piracy, etc.

This. Exactly.

When Governments are changing laws and stuff they'll always say 'oh it's only for the criminals!' and everyone feels safe, not knowing that they could one day fall under that category of criminal, by mistake or choice.

At the end of the day, the decision is do you want to rehabilitate prisoners to get back into society, and spend money to do so.

Or do you want them to be locked away for as long as possible, knowing that when they'll be released they're more likely to re-offend, but that's how the system is meant to work because prisons become profitable private business.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This. Exactly.

When Governments are changing laws and stuff they'll always say 'oh it's only for the criminals!' and everyone feels safe, not knowing that they could one day fall under that category of criminal, by mistake or choice.

At the end of the day, the decision is do you want to rehabilitate prisoners to get back into society, and spend money to do so.

Or do you want them to be locked away for as long as possible, knowing that when they'll be released they're more likely to re-offend, but that's how the system is meant to work because prisons become profitable private business.
Also the cost to society. You are potentially taking a tax payer out of the system and paying for them to sit on their arse for life. Without liberty ofc.

you imagine say 1k ppl getting banged up each year for this. Going on half the number of deaths on the road each year As a ball park of those that caused the deaths.

would need more prisons built also.

Gwadien

Also the cost to society. You are potentially taking a tax payer out of the system and paying for them to sit on their arse for life. Without liberty ofc.

you imagine say 1k ppl getting banged up each year for this. Going on half the number of deaths on the road each year As a ball park of those that caused the deaths.

would need more prisons built also.

I think you're missing the point.

This is a move towards a US version of justice, which means that it's profitable.

Which means that if you have more people in prison, it means you're taking a large cut of the 'underclass' of society who earn very little so therefore contribute very little to society, instead you put them in prison, you get them to engage in prison labour work - IE getting 'paid' like £2 a hour for work on the outside would cost £10 a hour, then you'd provide very shit basic food, and get them to pay stupid amounts for more food and charge them £1 a minute to use phones etc.

That way you'd have thousands of underclass families constantly sending money to private prisons in order for their loved ones to have basic conditions.

It's forced economic mobilisation of the underclass in society, nothing more.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think you're missing the point.

This is a move towards a US version of justice, which means that it's profitable.

Which means that if you have more people in prison, it means you're taking a large cut of the 'underclass' of society who earn very little so therefore contribute very little to society, instead you put them in prison, you get them to engage in prison labour work - IE getting 'paid' like £2 a hour for work on the outside would cost £10 a hour, then you'd provide very shit basic food, and get them to pay stupid amounts for more food and charge them £1 a minute to use phones etc.

That way you'd have thousands of underclass families constantly sending money to private prisons in order for their loved ones to have basic conditions.

It's forced economic mobilisation of the underclass in society, nothing more.
We dont do forced work like the usa yet. But i see what you mean. Like the chain gangs and all.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We dont do forced work like the usa yet. But i see what you mean. Like the chain gangs and all.

Chain gangs is very old school; Unicor, (the Federal Prisons employment company) has prisoners doing everything from manufacturing to logistics to call centres. They turned over more than half a billion dollars last year, and very much like the fact that the US has so many handy slaves prisoners. www.unicor.gov

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Chain gangs is very old school; Unicor, (the Federal Prisons employment company) has prisoners doing everything from manufacturing to logistics to call centres. They turned over more than half a billion dollars last year, and very much like the fact that the US has so many handy slaves prisoners. www.unicor.gov
Yeah i get that. Some used to fight fires in california also

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I just bought a portable external SSD
It started copying files at 400 mbs (Mega Bytes per second) now its at 30!

I'm using the cable it came with.
My PC and SSD are both USB 3 (although SSD = Type C, and PC is type A superspeed). Is that why? Or is the SSD borked?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The SSD manufacturer (SanDisk) is claiming 1GB/s (which has got to be bullshit, right?)
I should be getting at least half that, surely.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
(Just realised I've been a member of this forum longer than my niece has been alive. Jesus)

Gwadien

(Just realised I've been a member of this forum longer than my niece has been alive. Jesus)

I mean haven't you always been a member of this forum longer than your niece has been alive?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
15 years on this forum! 15 years! That deserves a gold star. I'm awarding myself a gold star

:drink:

/Error. Can't award self gold star. Contact Administrator (used to be able to post pics on the OLD version)
Bollocks.

A pint will have to do

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

My PC and SSD are both USB 3 (although SSD = Type C, and PC is type A superspeed). Is that why? Or is the SSD borked?
Its gonna be about 30. Are you copying it from a hdd? Also 300mbs is the same as 30MB /s

also lots of small files will transfer slower than one large 2gb file for example.

Last edited:

Syri

FH is my second home

It also depends on the read speed of the source. The fastest SSD on the fastest connection will still be limited if copying from a 5,200rpm spinning hdd, for example.
There are a lot of different factors that can affect transfer speed. There's often a short burst of high speed at the start, especially if the source drive has a high speed cache, but once you're on to relying on regular transfer, it sort of averages out. As Moriath says, the size of the files can also have an impact, and if an old regular hdd is involved, there's also the time it takes to get all of the fragments of a file.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Urgh, how hard is it to find a program that sets a mouse click or a keystroke to happen at a specific time? Mouse clicks are done in intervals in every program I can find and I can't find anything for keystrokes. Basically I'm being lazy. I've got to send a whatsapp message realtively early in the morning sometimes and I really don't want to be awake at those times. All I want is something where I can say "Press enter at this time of day" and then leave it to do its thing while I stay in dreamland.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Urgh, how hard is it to find a program that sets a mouse click or a keystroke to happen at a specific time? Mouse clicks are done in intervals in every program I can find and I can't find anything for keystrokes. Basically I'm being lazy. I've got to send a whatsapp message realtively early in the morning sometimes and I really don't want to be awake at those times. All I want is something where I can say "Press enter at this time of day" and then leave it to do its thing while I stay in dreamland.
How come you need to send a whatsapp??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom