SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The first AI music album.

Its seriously disturbing.

View: https://youtu.be/sc9OjL6Mjqo

"AI music album" ffs. You're talking like a computer just sat there and came up with the whole thing where the reality is that it took place over multiple stages and the "AI" part is just the vocals, reacting to the music it hears.

Don't tell me, you think this means nobody needs to bother to learn an instrument any more. Another learnable skill which probably passed you by.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes it was trained by vocal artists...though I dont exactly know what that horrific result is meant to be.
Baby steps.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You can build a tool that makes music using a neural net that can continue from a set of notes in a few hours, or you can go here and play with premade tools: Magenta

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I would, but it's one of those circle arguments.

But since you asked... I believe that that 18th century principles are somewhat outdated for a 21st century where we've progressed rapidly in pretty much every way imaginable in the past 100 years, with the last 20 or so seeing the biggest changes.

With the rise of the internet and more specifically social media, I do not believe that people should have the ability to say whatever they like to whoever they like whenever they like.

The reason being is that in the 18th century 'Freedom of speech' was used to protest against the Government or open civil disputes in a largely orderly fashion. Or not, when used to say what ever you like to women, the gays, the blacks, the every other minority.

The difference being that in the 18th century, it would be easier to escape verbal abuse, it's much more difficult today, especially when it's largely impossible to 'disconnect' yourself from the internet, which is becoming more of the norm as we go on.

I'm not suggesting that we should have the Government dictating to us what we can or can't say, but I'm suggesting that as a society we should be able to decide that and then make it our constitution.

But I know that will never be a reality, so my prediction is that we'll eventually have WW3, but all the nato and ruskie gamers will just contact each other and be like lol what the fuck? and then we'll overthrow our government and we'll progress past the era of neo-imperialistic capitalism.
Problem you have with this @Gwadien - is that if you abandon a principle, you open yourself up to the consequences of the rest.

You have to see the bigger picture. Abandoning the principle of free speech does indeed give you the ability to censure those who say stuff you deem abusive - but it inevitably comes with the downside of state actors deeming what is acceptable or not - and their enforcement arms independently acting to chill our freedoms - as has been clearly evidenced in this case of extinction rebellion.

As abhorrent as day-to-day abuse is, it's chicken-feed compared to the consequences of state control over allowable speech and thoughts. Your ideas throw necessary and critical freedoms out because you don't like the actions of idiots.

The actions of those idiots aren't destabilising or any threat to a well-ordered, fair and happy society - the majority of the populations in societies listening to these wankers know they're wankers and treat them as such. However - they are a threat to societies where you've got entrenched inequality and authoritarian rule.

So in your anxiousness to stop idiot-speech you've actually given up the critical mechanism by which we can protest against our authoritarian masters - because our state IS banning points of view and thoughts that they don't like -those of extinction rebellion. Just at the point that we need XR's type of dissent (in the face of environmental catastrophe we need a focal point for real change - but we want to ban them and get teachers to report on kids who support them!)

If governments can do something they will. Period. And you've handed them the tools to do that. - which is why principles are important.

No level of technological change has happened that means we should be abandoning those principles. In fact - the ability for governments to track dissenting speech in our very homes makes it more important that the principles of freedom of speech and thought should be ahered to.

But we've thrown it away - all to crack down on wankers who commit low-level abuse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Croyde eh? Was picking between the two :)

Was here this weekend:
-7 on the top but I wasn't swimming :)
20200118_130512.jpg

Effing cold at top:
20200118_132144.jpg

Job

Just about to post that, been using it for sex offenders....to PROVE their guilt...wtf.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just about to post that, been using it for sex offenders....to PROVE their guilt...wtf.
No, they've been using it on sex offenders who have already been found guilty.

Words are important @Job. Very important. If you don't pay attention you start saying the sort of shit you just said - which is basically how chinese whispers start - from bullshit.

But yes - I see a lot of downsides and very few upsides from using a technology that is proven bunkum on existing offenders.

Job

No, they've been using it on sex offenders who have already been found guilty.

Words are important @Job. Very important. If you don't pay attention you start saying the sort of shit you just said - which is basically how chinese whispers start - from bullshit.

But yes - I see a lot of downsides and very few upsides from using a technology that is proven bunkum on existing offenders.
Guilty of breaking their restrictions.
I knew Id be reading this from you..why didnt I just edit it, I said to myself...just lazy.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Left my wallet in a petrol station forecourt, customer took it in.

Humans are alright i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom