SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by kirennia, Jun 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

You can build a tool that makes music using a neural net that can continue from a set of notes in a few hours, or you can go here and play with premade tools: Magenta

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

3. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

I'll meet you in the middle, you add punctuation.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Job

5. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

You want to buy a mixed race family?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Job

I don't know..are you selling them?

7. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

I am sure i can get someone to market them to you.

8. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Problem you have with this @Gwadien - is that if you abandon a principle, you open yourself up to the consequences of the rest.

You have to see the bigger picture. Abandoning the principle of free speech does indeed give you the ability to censure those who say stuff you deem abusive - but it inevitably comes with the downside of state actors deeming what is acceptable or not - and their enforcement arms independently acting to chill our freedoms - as has been clearly evidenced in this case of extinction rebellion.

As abhorrent as day-to-day abuse is, it's chicken-feed compared to the consequences of state control over allowable speech and thoughts. Your ideas throw necessary and critical freedoms out because you don't like the actions of idiots.

The actions of those idiots aren't destabilising or any threat to a well-ordered, fair and happy society - the majority of the populations in societies listening to these wankers know they're wankers and treat them as such. However - they are a threat to societies where you've got entrenched inequality and authoritarian rule.

So in your anxiousness to stop idiot-speech you've actually given up the critical mechanism by which we can protest against our authoritarian masters - because our state IS banning points of view and thoughts that they don't like -those of extinction rebellion. Just at the point that we need XR's type of dissent (in the face of environmental catastrophe we need a focal point for real change - but we want to ban them and get teachers to report on kids who support them!)

If governments can do something they will. Period. And you've handed them the tools to do that. - which is why principles are important.

No level of technological change has happened that means we should be abandoning those principles. In fact - the ability for governments to track dissenting speech in our very homes makes it more important that the principles of freedom of speech and thought should be ahered to.

But we've thrown it away - all to crack down on wankers who commit low-level abuse.

9. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

On a day when it didn't get above 6°C it seems these surfers are quite determined:

IMG_20200120_151336.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scouse

11. Embattle

@Scouse Saunton Sands, Croyde beach just round the corner had even more and it was only just past 15:00.

12. Scouse

Croyde eh? Was picking between the two :)

Was here this weekend:
    -7 on the top but I wasn't swimming :)
    20200118_130512.jpg

Effing cold at top:
    20200118_132144.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Embattle

Snowdonia nice and rather chilly, I'll go there sometime no doubt.

14. Job

Just about to post that, been using it for sex offenders....to PROVE their guilt...wtf.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Scouse

No, they've been using it on sex offenders who have already been found guilty.

Words are important @Job. Very important. If you don't pay attention you start saying the sort of shit you just said - which is basically how chinese whispers start - from bullshit.

But yes - I see a lot of downsides and very few upsides from using a technology that is proven bunkum on existing offenders.

16. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

18. Job

Guilty of breaking their restrictions.
    I knew Id be reading this from you..why didnt I just edit it, I said to myself...just lazy.

19. Job

20. Job

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Re-activated an old share-dealing account I had forgotten about and it told me it had sent mail to my 2nd email account:

dfwij@barrysworld.co.uk

Not sure I'll get to see that one :/

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

23. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Left my wallet in a petrol station forecourt, customer took it in.

Humans are alright i guess.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

"Humans are such easy prey."

Name the movie

25. Scouse

Had to look it up. Maybe there's more than one. Won't ruin it for anyone else.

But whilst we're at it: "Tell him the Pros from Dover are on their way with an emergency, tell him to get the OR ready, get the kid asleep and Trapper and I will fix his tracheo-oesophageal fistula" :)

26. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

No idea

27. Embattle

I had a similar incident last year, I was visiting Lizard in Cornwall to pickup some locally handmade stone coasters. I was leaving on my motorcycle and at the time didn't realise I had left my wallet on my bike, as I made my way from Lizard I overtook a car and towards Helston got a call from a company I have a card for in my wallet explaining that someone had found my wallet and did I mind if they passed my contact number to them. I spoke to a nice gentleman who explained that as I passed him his wife noticed something (walle) fly off my bike, they were staying in the area and agreed to meet me back in Mullion.

• Like Like x 2