SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I think Google has finally built a working AI and not told anyone. I just started to enter a really random question into the search box and after only first the two words my entire search term appeared in the predictive options as the first choice. Freaked me the fuck out, it read my mind! It's watching us I tell you!!

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
444 - 3 Eng v Pak. Unbelievable, I know Pakistan are a bit shit right now, but shit the bed, that was outrageous.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol!

Funny as fuck. I've been complaining about black vauxhall novas to my cycling buddies for months now. If you own one you're invariably a cunt.

Didn't even bother with the rest of the vid. Just clocked the car and just knew what sort of shit was going to happen... :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Been checking up on the state of the solar industry and it isn't looking good, they must owe about 50 billion in bankruptcies, the huge Spanish company Abengoa with 20K employees is 10 billion in debt and just scrapped out of bankruptcy around the world.
Obama's pet project Soyandra went down to cost 500m to the taxpayer.
As soon as the subsidies get pulled everyone started failing, not just the small players.
And to cap it all, the Germans have just pulled the plug on wind turbines, not even enough money to replace the one's they have.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Solar and wind are an utterly waste of time. It's not value for money, takes too much space and not very efficient.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They have their place, unfortunately the people who plan them have zero clue where that place is. That is why most turbines don't run most of the time. It placates the right on crowd though. Ruin a good view, please a cardigan wearer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Went to a really great exclusive restaurant on Saturday for lunch:
DSC_0751.JPG There were a couple of female rock climbers behind me providing legs-spread overhead entertainment too!
:)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Is it possible to buy a reasonable PC that I could use for gaming for around £500?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depending on what you can salvage from your old PC...yes.

Syri

FH is my second home
Just done a quick price-up, for a budget but OK-ish build, about £470 from scan, just getting motherboard, cpu, RAM, SSD and graphics card. that'd get a pentium dual core K G3258, which is only a dual core but has an unlocked multiplier, so it can overclock really well. Also a Z97 motherboard, 8gb ram, 240gb samsung ssd and radeon rx480. The CPU may not be the best, but should at least be fairly decent, and has a good rep for budget gaming. the ssd and rx480 should help boost it that bit higher. Also gives a bit of money to invest in a better cooler if you want to get serious with overclocking. That doesn't include windows though, so if you need to buy a copy, don't forget to allow for it, if you don't already have a copy ready to use.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Canny. I do think I'll end up spending a bit more on it but I've been shite with money over the summer, I'm trying to be responsible, haha.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yep, I like this piece. I can play it. Rachmaninoff wrote it when he was very young.

I've been listening to George Cziffra, a Hungarian pianist. He's dead now, but was quite possibly the best technician of the twentieth century. Check out this short vid of him playing. Its pure improvisation and just a camera test before the actual performance

Cziffra's crazy improv with Chopin Etude:
View: http://youtu.be/pf2accwGEaU

Job

The Guardian is getting that desperate they are asking for a monthly contribution, the main problem is the level of moderation, just getting silly.
Story about Pope saying damaging the environment is a sin.
I posted how about encouraging condom use in Africa.
Comment deleted and put on 2 day pre moderation.

WTF

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Guardian is getting that desperate they are asking for a monthly contribution, the main problem is the level of moderation, just getting silly.
Story about Pope saying damaging the environment is a sin.
I posted how about encouraging condom use in Africa.
Comment deleted and put on 2 day pre moderation.

WTF

It seems rather odd that you'd be deleted for saying that when it seems half the comments on that thread are saying the same thing. And what the fuck is 2 day pre moderation? I've never seen that on the Guardian. I've had the odd comment deleted for reasons I couldn't fathom, but the only time I've seen any organisation pre-moderate is the BBC.

And they've been doing the monthly contribution thing for ages because ad blockers are killing them, which in the Guardian's case I have very little sympathy for since they're the company that made me bite the bullet and install an adblocker in the first place thanks to stupid audio on ads with hidden close buttons on a loop. Unlike other people around here, I don't have a problem with advertising in principle (and I do a lot of online advertising), particularly in relation to newspapers because they have to make money, but the Guardian's ad department have caused the problem.

Job

It just popped up as I tried to post again, though that was four days ago and it's still there.
Now every post is removed for even the slightest remark.
One headline was some usual condescending remark on brexiters.
I wrote ' bit arrogant for a headline'
deleted.
You will see the odd rant about moderation get through, but they delete 99% of them as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Question is, who the fuck cares what the Guardian has to say? Let alone feel the need to comment on it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yet, here you are, desperately following me round like a little lost puppy again.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And there was me thinking that I'd just sat down at the computer a few minutes prior to that post but whatever floats your boat champ.

Job

Oh yeah, get plenty of that.
But they are backing themselves into a corner with their hands over their ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom