SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
On holiday in Tuscany. It's really shocking how few young Italians there are (and by young I mean "under 60"). This place is the canary in the coalmine for the demographic crisis that is really going to fuck western Europe.

Less than half of Finlands population is working now, old people, unemployed, kids...we are not far behind Italy and Japan with number of over 65s as percentage of total pop 😬

SilverHood

FH is my second home
On holiday in Tuscany. It's really shocking how few young Italians there are (and by young I mean "under 60"). This place is the canary in the coalmine for the demographic crisis that is really going to fuck western Europe.

It was like that when I worked in Italy back in 2004 too. The locals said that the young people would go work in Northern Europe, coming back to help out the family business during peak tourist / harvest times. My guess is that a lot of them never returned home.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, so I have been continuing on with the DIY jobs that my Dad and I started back in January. Not going to lie it has been tough but I have had some funny moments and another has just happened.

Brother has just been around to drop off some floor sealant for a crack in my garage and said my existing mastic gun will be fucked within seconds. He left, ScrewFIx moment occurred for me and when reading the customer comments for one of the guns the following had me chuckling:

Overjoyed​

Excellent gun, I've been squirting sticky white stuff all over the shop and really enjoying it.

Source: Customer comments @ No Nonsense Heavy Duty Sealant Applicator Gun - Screwfix

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, so I have been continuing on with the DIY jobs that my Dad and I started back in January. Not going to lie it has been tough but I have had some funny moments and another has just happened.

Brother has just been around to drop off some floor sealant for a crack in my garage and said my existing mastic gun will be fucked within seconds. He left, ScrewFIx moment occurred for me and when reading the customer comments for one of the guns the following had me chuckling:

Source: Customer comments @ No Nonsense Heavy Duty Sealant Applicator Gun - Screwfix
I won't lie - I thought the 'crack in the garage' was somehow you... where's @Wij , eh?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I won't lie - I thought the 'crack in the garage' was somehow you... where's @Wij , eh?
Fuck me, wish I had a @Wij gun. Lock and load, 1 exciting moment later for @Wij and the whole garage floor is sealed, just gotta keep the garage locked for a few days for it to properly set....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You won't wince next time you get a papercut after reading this

On 12/13 May 1945 in Burma, Rifleman Lachhiman Gurung was manning the most forward post of his platoon which bore the brunt of an attack by at least 200 of the Japanese enemy. He hurled back two hand grenades which had fallen on his trench, but the third exploded in his right hand after he attempted to throw it back, blowing off his fingers, shattering his arm and severely wounding him in the face, body and right leg. His two comrades were also badly wounded but the rifleman, now alone and disregarding his wounds, loaded and fired his rifle with his left hand for four hours (all while he screamed "Come and fight a Gurkha!"), calmly waiting for each attack which he met with fire at point blank range.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You won't wince next time you get a papercut after reading this

On 12/13 May 1945 in Burma, Rifleman Lachhiman Gurung was manning the most forward post of his platoon which bore the brunt of an attack by at least 200 of the Japanese enemy. He hurled back two hand grenades which had fallen on his trench, but the third exploded in his right hand after he attempted to throw it back, blowing off his fingers, shattering his arm and severely wounding him in the face, body and right leg. His two comrades were also badly wounded but the rifleman, now alone and disregarding his wounds, loaded and fired his rifle with his left hand for four hours (all while he screamed "Come and fight a Gurkha!"), calmly waiting for each attack which he met with fire at point blank range.

That is really weird, I was only reading about him yesterday having come across a picture of three Indian VC winners.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
That is really weird, I was only reading about him yesterday having come across a picture of three Indian VC winners.
If anyone merits a VC that guy did. Incredible bravery and dedication.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Loved that as a kid. John Hurt as Aragorn.

Didn't know Anthony Daniels was Legolas :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
FB_IMG_1717746662177.jpg

FB_IMG_1717778528192.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Twelve of the finest (unintentional) double-entendres ever aired on British TV and radio

1. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator - 'This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother.'

2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator - 'Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl Gibson comes inside of him.'

3. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator - 'And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!'

4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977 - 'Ah, isn't that nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the Oxford crew.'

5. US PGA Commentator - 'One of the reasons Arnie ( Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them ..... Oh my god !! What have I just said??'

6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on 'Time Team Live' said: 'You'd eat beaver if you could get it.'

7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, 'So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?' Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard!

8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: 'Ballesteros is feeling great today after a 69 yesterday.'

9. Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on 'Look North' said: 'There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this. '

10 Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on 'Sky Sports': 'Stephen Hendry jumps on Steve Davis's misses every chance he gets.'

11. Michael Buerk on watching Philippa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: 'They seem cold out there. They're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts.'

12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: 'Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny; other weeks he prefers to do it by himself.'

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
[talking to ChatGPT]

Me: "How would you start teaching a beginners course in calculus"

GPT: "Starting with partial differential equations of the second order, the general forms is [equation] and it is in only particular cases that the equation admits of integration, and the most important part is that in which the differential coefficients of the second order present themselves.....[etc]"

:eek7: :eek6:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
[talking to ChatGPT]

Me: "How would you start teaching a beginners course in calculus"

GPT: "Starting with partial differential equations of the second order, the general forms is [equation] and it is in only particular cases that the equation admits of integration, and the most important part is that in which the differential coefficients of the second order present themselves.....[etc]"

:eek7: :eek6:

beginner-5c5291.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
This blew my mind: the world record for solving a Rubiks Cube in a competitive setting is 3.13 seconds (last year)

It took me 7 times longer than that just to type that sentence ! Crazy.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Does anyone remember who the Freddy was that moved to Spain and started a small B&B in the mountains? Was a thread about it, but can't seem to find it at all. Was curious about how it was going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom