SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I just noticed: apart from spearing his own hand, how is he holding the cue? It looks like his other hand is also forming a bridge in the background.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The blue tit that was building a nest in my bird box fucked off a few weeks ago, apparently this is quite normal as they sometimes build several nests before choosing the best. Cheeky gits. Anyhow, I resigned myself to not seeing anything else this year, only for a great tit to become very interested in it this week. And yesterday, she laid an egg. And today, another. Right now as I type this she's sleeping in there.

This seems very late in the year for me (tits apparently time their egg laying to coincide with fat juicy caterpillar season) so I will watch with interest.

Attachments

• 20240529124903218_Birbcam_138673635.jpg
    20240529124903218_Birbcam_138673635.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 192.168.0.27_04_20240529214830539.jpg
    192.168.0.27_04_20240529214830539.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 5

Embattle

FH is my second home
The blue tit that was building a nest in my bird box fucked off a few weeks ago, apparently this is quite normal as they sometimes build several nests before choosing the best. Cheeky gits. Anyhow, I resigned myself to not seeing anything else this year, only for a great tit to become very interested in it this week. And yesterday, she laid an egg. And today, another. Right now as I type this she's sleeping in there.

This seems very late in the year for me (tits apparently time their egg laying to coincide with fat juicy caterpillar season) so I will watch with interest.

We had something similar, the blue tits started bringing in materials then we didn't see them again...picky fuckers :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's funny watching YouTube desperately trying to get adverts to work.

Top tip, make them relevant, people might be interested. My entire YouTube browsing history is PC gaming, bushcraft, DIY, random fix-it stuff, car refurb stuff and a smattering of backyard bare knuckle boxing etc. I clearly have no interest in shitty mobile games, so why do they think I would want to see an ad for it?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
awyKQ5x_460s.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So then. Britain First (or some other bunch of racist asshats).

Dismissed as scaremongers. But we've sharia courts in the UK* (to our national shame), and now we've our first Sikh court.

It's not just a threat to women's rights. It's a threat to the rule of law and secular Britain.

Discuss?

*yes, I know they have no legal standing - but if that's where families are bullied into resolving disputes, rather than actual courts, then same result...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So then. Britain First (or some other bunch of racist asshats).

Dismissed as scaremongers. But we've sharia courts in the UK* (to our national shame), and now we've our first Sikh court.

It's not just a threat to women's rights. It's a threat to the rule of law and secular Britain.

Discuss?

*yes, I know they have no legal standing - but if that's where families are bullied into resolving disputes, rather than actual courts, then same result...

As much as I want to respect religion for having its own courts, I just don't think it has a place in our country (my personal opinion) the legal precedent being - if we can let Sikhs do this, why can't Sharia courts stoning people to death exist? I think the government needs to come down hard on this an set a clear example that our law will not bend to religious communities here, either accept OUR courts, or fuck off.

Summary - its a slippery slope, stop the fucker before it escalates into more gruesome courts

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As much as I want to respect religion for having its own courts, I just don't think it has a place in our country (my personal opinion) the legal precedent being - if we can let Sikhs do this, why can't Sharia courts stoning people to death exist? I think the government needs to come down hard on this an set a clear example that our law will not bend to religious communities here, either accept OUR courts, or fuck off.
Religion should have no court. Wait till they are dead and let them be judged in the afterlife.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Religion should have no court. Wait till they are dead and let them be judged in the afterlife.

Totally agree. Religion gets enough rights as it is, giving them their own personal courts just opens the door to a fucking minefield of headache and legal issues - the absolute worse being Sharia and the legal right stone people to death, it has no place in a civilized society.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Summary - its a slippery slope, stop the fucker before it escalates into more gruesome courts

Because Sharia punishments would break the secular laws, which remain supreme. End of story

I don't like religious courts because they create social division (and I don't like religion), but, there have been Jewish Beth Din courts in the UK for a very long time without repercussions, so a precedent is there (legally) for other religious groups.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

No laws are being bent, no new courts have been created. They're just private agreements between individuals. If you don't like that then advocate for greater education and awareness, or perhaps a secular state. But lets not legislate against people being able to deal with their problems how they choose to. None of these "court" decisions are legally binding.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can settle a civil disagreement with the flip of a coin if both parties accepted it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There have been Jewish Beth Din courts in the UK for a very long time without repercussions
Largely because it's difficult to raise your voice about that without harming yourself.

But they should, of course, be stomped on.

Religious schools too.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I'm less bothered with it being a Sikh court. Going by the bulk of Sikhs I've met (who have almost as a rule been lovely people) the only thing they'll be ruling on is whether to open another bottle of Scotch or not.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
1000014771.jpg

Sunset across the Med, taken from Cafe Mambo in Ibiza. Fantastic - if very expensive - place.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
On holiday in Tuscany. It's really shocking how few young Italians there are (and by young I mean "under 60"). This place is the canary in the coalmine for the demographic crisis that is really going to fuck western Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom