SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorting out Dad's estate, working, watching too much Family Guy, and eating like a pig :D

"Need" a new phone. Trying to decide what to get. May wait a while. Most of the phones coming out have Gorilla Victus glass, which is fairly robust but picks up scratches and micro-abrasions just looking at it. Never had a screen protector. Not gonna start getting one. Don't like them.

All good with you and yours ?

I have a Pixel 7 Pro, but I have a whitestone dome pixel 7 pro protector on it. It's basically glass, you can't tell it's there. And I've already replaced one due to drop damage. The application process is complicated but pretty easy. Well worth it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have a Pixel 7 Pro, but I have a whitestone dome pixel 7 pro protector on it. It's basically glass, you can't tell it's there. And I've already replaced one due to drop damage. The application process is complicated but pretty easy. Well worth it.
Yup, I've used the Whitestone Domes and Spigen GLAS.Tr screen protectors and they're excellent. I wouldn't go near the cheap plastic ones (or the ones that are basically stickers) but the actual glass ones are great. A Spigen one has already sacrificed itself to save my Note 9 screen, I wouldn't use a phone without one now. Application can be a faff but as long as you have a level surface (especially for the Whitestone iirc) and follow the instructions it's easy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I think some of the poor reviews are probably trying to do it on their lap or something. You have to set some space aside on a desk, have a youtube guide to hand, and everything laid out. A few weeks after I did mine the phone fell off the bike (crap mount used, now binned) and without the protector I'd have been looking at a new display.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Probably won't shock you to know I'm still using an Xperia, with the 1 MK4 I got about this time last year. I've never bothered with screen protectors and the screen on this looks pretty much the same as when it was delivered - I just make sure it's an a different pocket from my keys.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So the dead kids sustained "critical injuries" but weren't hit by the jetski?

How the fuck do you get injured from water then?

Um - drowning, monster belly flops or drinking too much of it (like Leah Betts).

Not sure how those are relevant, but it is possible.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I read it was jumping off the pier and getting caught in a rip tide or something.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Um - drowning, monster belly flops or drinking too much of it (like Leah Betts).

Not sure how those are relevant, but it is possible.
Drowning isn't an injury really? It's a cause of death.

Considering they've arrested a jetskiier for manslaughter, how's he on the hook if he hasn't hit them?

If it's "waves" then it's their fucking fault for being shit swimmers (as much as I'd like to see all jetski's and their owners burned).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I read it was jumping off the pier and getting caught in a rip tide or something.

In which case:
A man in his 40s has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after 10 swimmers got into difficulty.

How?

"Jump off, you'll be fine"
>Jump
"Oh shit, you're drowning".

Still not his fault.

Police confirmed the arrested man, who remains in custody, was "on the water" at the time of the incident.
It's fucking awful reporting tbh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
In which case:

How?

"Jump off, you'll be fine"
>Jump
"Oh shit, you're drowning".

Still not his fault.

It's fucking awful reporting tbh.

Well the article made mention he was encouraging them, but we will see with time the true story.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well the article made mention he was encouraging them, but we will see with time the true story.
If ten people are dumb enough to jump off a pier, at the same time, on the say-so of a stranger then we're better off without 'em!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Also, got another rescue cat, he is an absolute unit. Only just got his knackers chopped when we took him in.

Thick as mince though.

View attachment 47718
View attachment 47719

Duane Dibley.
Kick ass dude! I hadda give my recent feline back as his former cat-mom demanded it. "We made a mistake, etc" When I was packing him up for travel, where he was super chatty normally, he miauwed at me once and then said nothing for the entire trip there. His upset silence hit me right in the feels :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Yup, I've used the Whitestone Domes and Spigen GLAS.Tr screen protectors and they're excellent. I wouldn't go near the cheap plastic ones (or the ones that are basically stickers) but the actual glass ones are great. A Spigen one has already sacrificed itself to save my Note 9 screen, I wouldn't use a phone without one now. Application can be a faff but as long as you have a level surface (especially for the Whitestone iirc) and follow the instructions it's easy.

Yeah, so I just did this. It turns out my Ikea desk isn't as level as it should be anymore! Bit of quick thinking and giving the corners a tiny lift to encourage the glue to spread again and all sorted thankfully.

The camera side seems like a complete faff though, no real indication of which way round it needs to be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One of two things @TdC

1) Dress in black and go round one night and nick him back.
2) Get another kitten.

1 is appealing, but you know 2 makes a lot of sense. It might not feel like it, but it really really does.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah probably get one or two. I'm actually waiting for the owners to give up and call me :) No takebacks if that happens though :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Went to see Roger Waters. I love Pink Floyd's music, and I like Waters' solo stuff too. Excellent concert. I don't think he's antisemitic, he's deeply critical of the Israeli state and indeed any state that has authoritarian tendencies. He always has been, even as far back as DSotM. He had a very big whack at Bury South's MP, who had criticised Waters a few days ago. I'm sure that criticism has nothing to do with the large Jewish community whose support he obviously wants next year. But Waters is about as far from being bigoted as anyone I can think of. Polly Samson is probably still angry that he called the Division Bell "a load of rubbish".

Anyhow, I don't really give a fuck, he's been doing the same show for 40 years and only now has anyone got their knickers in a twist. Wait until they find to the lyrics on certain Radio KAOS songs....

Amazing visuals, fantastic sound system, really, really good musicians, and Waters surprisingly was singing very well (his voice isn't the best). Highly recommended. The show is basically lots of Pink Floyd tracks, and some Waters tracks, with a fair bit of talking about stuff in his private life. It starts with a fantastic and very different version of Comfortably Numb, without the guitar solos, and it also contains some lovely stuff about Syd Barrett.

Attachments

• PXL_20230606_192544216.jpg
    PXL_20230606_192544216.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230606_194300422.jpg
    PXL_20230606_194300422.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230606_202043401.jpg
    PXL_20230606_202043401.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230606_205206998.jpg
    PXL_20230606_205206998.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230606_213022963.jpg
    PXL_20230606_213022963.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Went to see Roger Waters. I love Pink Floyd's music, and I like Waters' solo stuff too. Excellent concert. I don't think he's antisemitic, he's deeply critical of the Israeli state and indeed any state that has authoritarian tendencies. He always has been, even as far back as DSotM. He had a very big whack at Bury South's MP, who had criticised Waters a few days ago. I'm sure that criticism has nothing to do with the large Jewish community whose support he obviously wants next year. But Waters is about as far from being bigoted as anyone I can think of. Polly Samson is probably still angry that he called the Division Bell "a load of rubbish".

Anyhow, I don't really give a fuck, he's been doing the same show for 40 years and only now has anyone got their knickers in a twist. Wait until they find to the lyrics on certain Radio KAOS songs....

Amazing visuals, fantastic sound system, really, really good musicians, and Waters surprisingly was singing very well (his voice isn't the best). Highly recommended. The show is basically lots of Pink Floyd tracks, and some Waters tracks, with a fair bit of talking about stuff in his private life. It starts with a fantastic and very different version of Comfortably Numb, without the guitar solos, and it also contains some lovely stuff about Syd Barrett.
He's never met a dictator he didn't like and a genocide he couldn't deny. One example amongst countless:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's a case to be made for it but I'm not going to hang my hat on everyone agreeing on the same definition of antisemite. I don't need to prove that to prove he's a cunt.
That's weasle really.

He's clearly not an antisemite. There's zero case to be made - it's mud slinging shit. And if we're talking case to be made - he was taken to court in Germany, which has the strongest laws in EU on this - and it was thrown out because he's clearly not an antisemite and the Israel lobby hasn't a fucking leg to stand on with it.

But shit sticks. The fact that he'll take a lifetime of serious knock for the Palestinian cause - which is a cause akin to standing up for black people in South Africa - means that I'm happy to give him a pass elsewhere.

Obama himself said expecting people to be "angels" before we listen to them isn't a nice world to create/live in. You can always point at something someone thinks if you want to ignore their message - and his message, as an artist, is staunchly anti-facist.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He is a complete dick, when there are many reasons it doesn't matter which one you pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom