SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Labour say they're going to tax the super rich - but they won't - they'll come for the middle classes too...

It's incredible isn't it.

I don't really see why they wouldn't surely that would a massive electorate win.

We are really that brainwashed that it's OK to have an increasing wealth gap and if we dared to suggest more taxation the country will collapse?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We are really that brainwashed that it's OK to have an increasing wealth gap and if we dared to suggest more taxation the country will collapse?
They should be going for ultra high net worth individuals - and have an income-tax style ratchetting mechanism with the top rate pegged to the poorest family in the country. A maximum level of inequality should be decided upon and the top rate wealth tax should aim to ensure that gap is never exceeded.

But Labour will come for people on 80k and maybe 50k in savings and a single house they rent out that they bought after uni before they moved in with a partner - i.e. the decidedly not rich. And they'll leave the billionaires alone.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They should be going for ultra high net worth individuals - and have an income-tax style ratchetting mechanism with the top rate pegged to the poorest family in the country. A maximum level of inequality should be decided upon and the top rate wealth tax should aim to ensure that gap is never exceeded.

But Labour will come for people on 80k and maybe 50k in savings and a single house they rent out that they bought after uni before they moved in with a partner - i.e. the decidedly not rich. And they'll leave the billionaires alone.

2 properties and 50k in savings is rich in todays economy ;)

The reality (sad as it is) is that those people the gutted tax authorities can actually get money out of whereas billionaires would rather hire an army of lawyers and accountants to avoid paying taxes

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
2 properties and 50k in savings is rich in todays economy ;)
Nope. That's firmly middle class. And not even upper middle. In this economy that's secure - but not much better than "doing OK". And one of those two properties would be the house they live in.

50 grand isn't that much money. Certainly not life-changing. All your statement shows is how little the working class has to live on. They really are on slave wages.

If we're talking tax and properties - the Tories increased tax on properties for people who own less than sixteen properties.

If you had more than 16 then they left you alone.

As the party of the rich that shows you where the Tories see the demarcation line.

Robbie Fowler, IIRC, has over 200 properties.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Nope. That's firmly middle class. And not even upper middle. In this economy that's secure - but not much better than "doing OK". And one of those two properties would be the house they live in.

50 grand isn't that much money. Certainly not life-changing. All your statement shows is how little the working class has to live on. They really are on slave wages.

If we're talking tax and properties - the Tories increased tax on properties for people who own less than sixteen properties.

If you had more than 16 then they left you alone.

As the party of the rich that shows you where the Tories see the demarcation line.

Robbie Fowler, IIRC, has over 200 properties.

Thats exactly my point, everyone thinks they are middle class, reality is a bit different

50k isnt life changing to you perhaps but to many it would be a game changer. And yes im agreeing with you they are going after people who do not donate to Tory party. If you arent wealthy enough to get yourself on an honours list then you are irrelevant to them

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The expected purge at Twitter has started it seems, they are already being sued for not following laws about layoffs

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
50k isnt life changing to you perhaps but to many it would be a game changer.

For people who can't pay their bills - yep. But that's a reflection of the absolute poverty that people live in.

But that doesn't make 50k a lot of money. In real terms it's not a lot at all. I'd argue fuck all really.

You're falling foul of the "not-rich people fighting amongst themselves" mechanism.

The person I described is a LONG way from "rich". And this perception stops us from looking at the real problem - the people with £10m+ who are buying up all the assets and living off them.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I found a Facebook page called rate my roast or something about people posting pics of their Sunday roasts.

Basically, it's middle to older red faced bald men commenting on every post 'Beef needs cooking for much longer.'

Fucking British people man.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Basically, it's middle to older red faced bald men commenting on every post 'Beef needs cooking for much longer.'
Beef needs gently telling of the existence of something called "heat" just before you start eating it...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Depends on the cut of beef.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The expected purge at Twitter has started it seems, they are already being sued for not following laws about layoffs

They look to get around it as they did before by paying them for at least 60 days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Depends on the cut of beef.
If you're roasting a cut of beef then not really - you can have it as rare as you like.

If you're cooking shin beef, stewing beef, brain scrapings etc - then obvs, more. But for a roast? Rare tbh :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you're roasting a cut of beef then not really - you can have it as rare as you like.

If you're cooking shin beef, stewing beef, brain scrapings etc - then obvs, more. But for a roast? Rare tbh :)

Some joints simply don't lend themselves to that style in my opinion ... but then when I talk of rare I do mean properly rare. Silverside, for example, is lovely done a proper medium/rare.

Also, it does depend on who you are serving, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some joints simply don't lend themselves to that style in my opinion ... but then when I talk of rare I do mean properly rare. Silverside, for example, is lovely done a proper medium/rare.

Also, it does depend on who you are serving, but that is a whole other can of worms.
You should slow roast a brisket - but my o/h is allergic to cooking beef :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Downloading a load of ROMs. Megadrive blew SNES away in that era. Change me mind.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given that its revenue fell off a cliff once advertisers heard what Elon was planning that’s not surprising:
I mean, at the end of the day, we're getting all hot and bothered about the fortunes of a single private company that runs a gossip platform that lots of people think is not really a force for good.

The whole discussion is vacuous IMO.

Good riddance if twitter dies tbh. Maybe people will go outside and see the real world more.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I mean, at the end of the day, we're getting all hot and bothered about the fortunes of a single private company that runs a gossip platform that lots of people think is not really a force for good.

The whole discussion is vacuous IMO.

Good riddance if twitter dies tbh. Maybe people will go outside and see the real world more.
It’s just crazy how someone so rich can be so bad at business:

View: https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/1588684164496527362

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Wij - I tried reading a bit of that thread. It's asinine.

If twitter dies - Elon Musk will literally not give a single shit. He won't mourn the loss of 44 billion quid - because he'll still have nearly 160 billion dollars to play with.

"Bad at business" he may be - but bad at getting money? Not at all. "Business" is bent - it's not about great talent or engineering nous. It's about having cash in the first place to get more cash.

If twitter died and he had to write off 44bn dollars then he'd get that back as a tax write-down from the US government on his other ventures. But he won't notice a thing to do with his lifestyle at all.

People can stay on twitter and whine at him all they like - he likes that, because they're still on twitter.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just find it funny that so many people are losing their minds on Twitter.

Who gives a toss? I don't pay for it, why should I care if it fails?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
@Wij - I tried reading a bit of that thread. It's asinine.

If twitter dies - Elon Musk will literally not give a single shit. He won't mourn the loss of 44 billion quid - because he'll still have nearly 160 billion dollars to play with.

"Bad at business" he may be - but bad at getting money? Not at all. "Business" is bent - it's not about great talent or engineering nous. It's about having cash in the first place to get more cash.

If twitter died and he had to write off 44bn dollars then he'd get that back as a tax write-down from the US government on his other ventures. But he won't notice a thing to do with his lifestyle at all.

People can stay on twitter and whine at him all they like - he likes that, because they're still on twitter.
It just amuses me that he’s railing about advertisers ditching the platform and can’t accept that it’s his fault. He’s the one getting pissed off. Not me.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
US Powerball lottery hasn't been won a staggering 40 times in a row, and the rollover prize money is now at 1.6 billion USD. Staggering sum of money, even if the lump cash sum is only half a billion.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It just amuses me that he’s railing about advertisers ditching the platform and can’t accept that it’s his fault. He’s the one getting pissed off. Not me.
I don't think he actually did anything before advertizers started dropping so "fault" isn't really that applicable )in the sense that he's not done shit whilst at twitter (yet)).

Advertisers realise the whole hoo-ha around Musk and they're not waiting to be "tainted" - or really they don't want to get "judged" by the baying mob - so they've "paused" (i.e. waiting for shit to die down before coming back).

All of this is a giant sack of wank and really uses up intellectual capital that's best spent elsewhere tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
US Powerball lottery hasn't been won a staggering 40 times in a row, and the rollover prize money is now at 1.6 billion USD. Staggering sum of money, even if the lump cash sum is only half a billion.
Can non-US citizens take part? :)

I don't condone it tbh. Chances are so infinitesimally small it's better to take your quid a week and do something better with it and it doesn't feed into some bullshit wish-my-life-was-better mechanism.

But 1.6bn USD? I could change the world with that before I died :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can non-US citizens take part? :)

I don't condone it tbh. Chances are so infinitesimally small it's better to take your quid a week and do something better with it and it doesn't feed into some bullshit wish-my-life-was-better mechanism.

But 1.6bn USD? I could change the world with that before I died :)

Yes, non-US citizens can enter, but you'd end up losing about 3/4 to tax and the bullshit lump sum rules (depending on the state you bought the ticket) but you'd still have $3-400 million to play with. Leaving over a billion dollars on the table would be a bit of a pisser though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, non-US citizens can enter, but you'd end up losing about 3/4 to tax and the bullshit lump sum rules (depending on the state you bought the ticket) but you'd still have $3-400 million to play with. Leaving over a billion dollars on the table would be a bit of a pisser though.
I guess like Musk, if you lose a billion quid but still have 400 million quid in the bank you're still going to be pretty happy ;)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...

Can you play online? If that's the case then technically you're buying a ticket in the UK and we don't pay tax on gambling/lottery winnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom