SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Free speech can't be abused.

It can, of course, be used to tell lies. But it can also be used to tell the truth. - neither is an abuse, just a use.

Once you start defining what is allowable - that process can and has been abused throughout history by bad people to fuck people up.

Live by enlightenment principles, or die slaves.
What you can do is point out where people are telling lies. I’ve no problem with platforms pointing out election or health falsehoods. That’s not curbing free speech. I’ve also no problem with people like George Galloway being labelled Russian state media. People need full facts.

But where groups are specifically set up peddling lies and claiming to be something they are not then they should be shut down. That isn’t free speech. It’s the rich and powerful buying influence. They have enough opportunity to do that already. Social media has no obligation to host groups claiming to be concerned parents from Wisconsin that are actually run from St Petersburg posting fake vids claiming to show asylum seekers abusing girls that are nothing of the sort. That isn’t free speech. It’s disguised political advertising from a hostile foreign government.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've often written on how if you don't want to be duped, get off a gossip platforms.

But to humour you (which is something you don't do to me) - there's no mechanism to start shutting stuff down that we really would like to be shut down (the stuff you mention) that can't also be abused to shut down stuff that we really ought to be able to talk about.

Wankery like twatter and the existence of arseholes is never an excuse to restrict free speech. You cannot confine the blast radius and the process is always abused. As I said above.

Anyway - back to the original question (come on - humour me):

Young people are illiberal facists who believe the world should be how they were taught it should be, have learned that lesson very well - and 60% of them believe a strong leader who doesn't have to bother with parliament or elections is a good way to run a country.

You completely ignored this first time around. What's your take?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've often written on how if you don't want to be duped, get off a gossip platforms.

But to humour you (which is something you don't do to me) - there's no mechanism to start shutting stuff down that we really would like to be shut down (the stuff you mention) that can't also be abused to shut down stuff that we really ought to be able to talk about.

Wankery like twatter and the existence of arseholes is never an excuse to restrict free speech. You cannot confine the blast radius and the process is always abused. As I said above.

Anyway - back to the original question (come on - humour me):

Young people are illiberal facists who believe the world should be how they were taught it should be, have learned that lesson very well - and 60% of them believe a strong leader who doesn't have to bother with parliament or elections is a good way to run a country.

You completely ignored this first time around. What's your take?
Young people don’t remember what ‘strong leaders’ do and should be taught it or we’ll just have to have hitler every few decades.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Young people don’t remember what ‘strong leaders’ do and should be taught it or we’ll just have to have hitler every few decades.
I think that's where we're heading. What young people aren't taught are enlightenment principles. Governments were always going to abandon them (because they're too high a principle for that bunch of shysters, whatever colour) - but what is sad is that we've abandoned them wholesale as a society.

Government is to some extent a reflection of the people. It's normally made up of a higher proportion of ideologues though - and as time goes on fewer and fewer seem to espouse the ideals we should be striving for.

You not got an opinion on the fact that young people are significanly less liberal and tolerant than before?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So cancelled that he will be playing at a (no doubt sold out) Hammersmith Apollo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So cancelled that he will be playing at a (no doubt sold out) Hammersmith Apollo.
Yep. First time in his career because of the Edinburgh fallout. I expect he won't be able to help himself and properly fuck about. He'll be vindicating himself on the number of walkouts.

Don't think he'll be too worried about Margate. But it's of course just another example.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

FFS :(

If compostable plastic ends up among food waste, it contaminates it and blocks the recycling process, the study finds. The only solution is to use less plastic

All our vegetable matter goes into our compost or is fed to our birds (where legal) - so I fall into the 10% of people who can effectively compost. However, the rest of our food waste has to be bagged in compostable plastic bags for the council to collect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I'd go for the tabs rather than the shrooms.
I'd go the other way round tbh. It works in the same way really. I'm thinking of growing a load of magic mushrooms in some woods behind my house :)

They knew LSD could potentially have this effect in the 60's - but then that was no suprise - it was bringing about a consciousness change where people realised that working yourself to death was fucking stupid and maybe we should arrange our societies in different ways - around human happiness.

So, predictably, with this threat to the status quo governments banned it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Very different experiences I found back in the day - I could guarantee on shrooms I would always have a bad trip and be a gibbering wreck at one point during the evening. Yet acid was more like really strong weed, an evening of floatiness and chatting random bollocks, before putting Pink Floyd - Echoes on and watching dolphins come out of the speakers during the trippy bit in the middle.

Lots of positive applications of MDMA as well.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's almost like the powers that be only want drugs that make you sad/fucked up in other ways available

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but since when did anyone care what government drug policy is?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but since when did anyone care what government drug policy is?
Scientists who work for a living.

Prof. Nutt had to step down as the "Drugs Tzar" under Labour because he wanted to reclassify drugs according to the harm they do to both users and society - largely because he wanted to decriminalise scientific research using drugs.

His argument was that it was really really hard to get approvals (re: almost impossible) to research on things like treating depression with LSD or 'shrooms - research that they've wanted to do for decades but they've been prohibited from doing. (This has denied us some of the most potentially effective treatments)

So he was sacked - cancelled even - by Labour. For being a scientist talking about science.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I can't help thinking a condition of her being taken back on was that she's been told to be as much of a dickhead as possible at every opportunity to give the Tories a constant buffer of distractions...

Using one of the most expensive-to-run helicopters around for a 20 mile journey that would've taken about half an hour by car.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I wonder if she actually believes in what she spouts, or if it's just a means to an end.

I mean, she clearly flew by Chinook intentionally.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And we're all talking about her rather than the other wank Sunak is getting up to. Like he's going to start "wealth taxing" - but he'll hit the middle classes this time (and give it to the rich).

He's got form - that's what he did during Covid.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I mean... If someone said to me "car or chinook?" I probably would pick the helicopter at least once

Ormorof

FH is my second home
And we're all talking about her rather than the other wank Sunak is getting up to. Like he's going to start "wealth taxing" - but he'll hit the middle classes this time (and give it to the rich).

He's got form - that's what he did during Covid.

He literally boasted about diverting money from poorer area to more "deserving" areas, on video, so no one should be surprised if he pulls that kind of shit

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I've wanted to try microdosing Psilocybin for years because there is a mountain of empirical evidence that shows it helps prevent Migraines.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He literally boasted about diverting money from poorer area to more "deserving" areas, on video, so no one should be surprised if he pulls that kind of shit
Labour say they're going to tax the super rich - but they won't - they'll come for the middle classes too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom