SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It uses roughly as much as the exrtra drag, caused by having your window down.

Not in mine. MPG is pretty much the same whether the A/C is on or not. An air con compressor needing 5 bhp to run is going to be a lot less noticeable to a 280 bhp engine than it is to a 75bhp engine.

I'm sure if our Civic was blessed with working Air-Con then I could check as I would expect to see a small drop in MPG on that, but it's broken like every other Civic of its generation's A/C.

Opening a window - especially above 40 mph - does make a difference, but then I'm not opening a window to cool down, it's to get the smoke out of the car :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
This morning, a friend of mine opened the pickle-jar, fished ups few pieces with her hand, put em on the bread, close the lid, opened the fridge with her pickle-hands, and did a 2-second hand-wash with No soap. I don’t think i can be friends with this person No more…

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Latest BBC News

Suicide bombers in Britain are set to begin a three-day strike today in a dispute over the number of virgins they are entitled to in the afterlife. Emergency talks with Al Qaeda have so far failed to produce an agreement.

The unrest began last Tuesday when Al Qaeda announced that the number of virgins a suicide bomber would receive after his death would be cut by 25% this September from 72 to 54. A spokesman said increases in recent years in the number of suicide bombings has resulted in a shortage of virgins in the afterlife.

The suicide bombers' union, the British Organization of Occupational Martyrs ( B.O.O.M.) responded with a statement saying the move was unacceptable to its members and called for a strike vote. General Secretary Abdullah Amir told the press, "Our members are literally working themselves to death in the cause of Jihad. We don't ask for much in return but to be treated like this is like a kick in the teeth".

Speaking from his shed in Tipton in the West Midlands, Al Qaeda chief executive Haisheet Mapants explained, "I sympathize with our workers concerns but Al Qaeda is simply not in a position to meet their demands. They are simply not accepting the realities of modern-day Jihad in a competitive marketplace. Thanks to Western depravity, there is now a chronic shortage of virgins in the afterlife. It's a straight choice between reducing expenditures or laying people off. I don't like cutting benefits but I'd hate to have to tell 3,000 of my staff that they won't be able to blow themselves up."

Spokespersons for the union in the North East of England, Ireland, Wales and Southampton stated that the change would not hurt their membership as there are so few virgins in their areas anyway.

According to some industry sources, the recent drop in the number of suicide bombings has been attributed to the emergence of Scottish singing star, Susan Boyle. Many Jihadists now know what a virgin looks like and have reconsidered their benefit packages.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dumb people the world over :(

He looks like he's got some mental retardation tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had to put shit petrol in the car the other week, Going to the in-laws and Derby, no way I was putting in 2 tanks at £2.00 a litre. First tank of proper petrol since and half a bottle of Redex. Night and day.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They are still allowing Orban to have say in what the EU can and can’t do. That’s not tenable
Yes it is.

We allow criminals a vote in our democracy. Unpopular people who do unpopular things still get a vote. Or it's not a democracy.

Or, alternatively, we should just silence all dissenting voices that we don't like.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes it is.

We allow criminals a vote in our democracy. Unpopular people who do unpopular things still get a vote. Or it's not a democracy.

Or, alternatively, we should just silence all dissenting voices that we don't like.
The EU is not the same as an electorate. That's a false equivalence. It has rules and members could get together to kick out a member who doesn't follow them. Nazis who fiddle their own elections and undermine efforts to curtail the protagonist of Europe's biggest war should be kicked out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The EU is not the same as an electorate. That's a false equivalence. It has rules and members could get together to kick out a member who doesn't follow them. Nazis who fiddle their own elections and undermine efforts to curtail the protagonist of Europe's biggest war should be kicked out.
You're too black and white on that @Wij. They're not nazis - and if they are I'm glad they're in because it protects their people from their government - which is exactly what the EU was designed to do.

As for "undermining Europe" on Russian oil supplies (along with Slovakia and the Czech Republic - who are also heavily dependent) - when the west stops giving Russia a billion dollars a day and tells it's populations - us - that we're going to have to suck it up in solidarity, rather than carry on pretty much as usual, then I'll give more of a shit about Hungary. But until then - better in than out.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You're too black and white on that @Wij. They're not nazis - and if they are I'm glad they're in because it protects their people from their government - which is exactly what the EU was designed to do.

As for "undermining Europe" on Russian oil supplies (along with Slovakia and the Czech Republic - who are also heavily dependent) - when the west stops giving Russia a billion dollars a day and tells it's populations - us - that we're going to have to suck it up in solidarity, rather than carry on pretty much as usual, then I'll give more of a shit about Hungary. But until then - better in than out.
I literally posted above that Orban's advisor had resigned saying they had gone full Nazi.

I also wasn't specifically referring to oil supplies but general efforts by the EU and NATO to help Ukraine. I've been very clear that reducing reliance on Russian fossil fuels also needs to happen.

If the position of Hungary in the EU and NATO is under threat then maybe something will happen. Enjoy your wrecked economy and lack of defence from Russian tanks.

At some point you have to take a stand and tell them they aren't welcome any more.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Imagine becoming unworkable because of one rogue state.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Enjoy your wrecked economy and lack of defence from Russian tanks.

At some point you have to take a stand and tell them they aren't welcome any more.
Their economy is already a basket case - and the situation with Russia is a huge part of that.

I think we're a long way from a point where we have to take a stand. And again - are all of the people not welcome? The ones that are protected from "nazi-ism" - which is pretty much the whole reason the EU exists? I notice you're quiet on the people and the protections they still enjoy because of the EU membership.

Kicking Hungary out just sticks them further into Russian sphere and removes desparately-needed legal protections from the people.

What good is the EU if when one of the states turns facist we just kick them out so they can freely be facist and visit on their people all the shit facists do? Or do we only include the nice ones?

Imagine becoming unworkable because of one rogue state.
They're hardly rogue. They're just the current black sheep - and you're conveniently ignoring that despite Hungary AND the Czechs AND Slovakia being problems on Russia sanctions we still managed to put a package of sanctions (meaningless, fruitless, pointless not-working sanctions but still sanctions) together - their actions didn't end up blocking them. They supported the blocade on coal. All three exempt from the oil and gas (Hungary gets 85% of their gas and 60% of their oil from Russia). We're all still sucking Russia's dick - we're still paying $1bn a day to Russia.

So they hate the gays, and they hate the blacks. England did in the 70's and 80's. Germany really did in the 30's with a massive side order of Jews. So the fuck what?

This is what the EU is for.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They aren't just black sheep. They are dismantling the basics of democracy, such as an independent judiciary. Heading on the same path as Russia. Would you admit Russia into the EU and NATO because better in than out?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They aren't just black sheep. They are dismantling the basics of democracy, such as an independent judiciary. Heading on the same path as Russia. Would you admit Russia into the EU and NATO because better in than out?
I said we're a long way from kicking them out. Your bar is too low and you would remove the protections that the EU gives to the population.

You'd throw innocent people under the bus because of your anti-Russian mania m8.

I'm not saying Orban's not a cunt. I'm saying he's 100% a cunt - he's consolidated power and is dismantling democracy (at a much faster rate than the Tories are). It's the continued membership of the EU that's providing the people with much-needed protection.

What happens to them if we kick Hungary out @Wij?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I said we're a long way from kicking them out. Your bar is too low and you would remove the protections that the EU gives to the population.

You'd throw innocent people under the bus because of your anti-Russian mania m8.

I'm not saying Orban's not a cunt. I'm saying he's 100% a cunt - he's consolidated power and is dismantling democracy (at a much faster rate than the Tories are). It's the continued membership of the EU that's providing the people with much-needed protection.

What happens to them if we kick Hungary out @Wij?
You have to take a stand somewhere for the good of all the citizens of the other countries. Otherwise it encourages cunts in them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You have to take a stand somewhere for the good of all the citizens of the other countries. Otherwise it encourages cunts in them.
Please to be answering my repeated question @Wij.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Please to be answering my repeated question @Wij.
I think my answer was fairly obvious. The EU should put the interest of the vast majority of its citizens first, above those of Hungary. Sometimes you have to make hard choices.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think my answer was fairly obvious. The EU should put the interest of the vast majority of its citizens first, above those of Hungary. Sometimes you have to make hard choices.
So. To be clear. You'd throw the Hungarian population under the bus and put them at risk of massive Nazi-ism because you don't like what Orban's doing - which would enable him to make even faster strides towards the asshatery he's clearly leaning towards - and can't see any way back for the country within the EU.

I think you're bonkers m8. This sort of stuff is exactly what the EU is for. If we're not getting our hands dirty here, then the whole bloc should just split up and we should get back to what Europeans do best - fighting amongst ourselves.

We kick them out, into Russia's welcoming hands. Excellent for Russia. Brill. And fuck the people eh? All on some spurious notion that the Hungarian government being arseholes is going to encourage arseholes across the EU?

News for you mate. It could happen here just as easily. And Brexit has emboldened our ream of arseholes just as much. In the most war-torn part of planet Earth I'd put a bit more stock in the only institution to bring any sort of long-term stability's ability to positively influence the situation.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Their economy is already a basket case - and the situation with Russia is a huge part of that.

I think we're a long way from a point where we have to take a stand. And again - are all of the people not welcome? The ones that are protected from "nazi-ism" - which is pretty much the whole reason the EU exists? I notice you're quiet on the people and the protections they still enjoy because of the EU membership.

Kicking Hungary out just sticks them further into Russian sphere and removes desparately-needed legal protections from the people.

What good is the EU if when one of the states turns facist we just kick them out so they can freely be facist and visit on their people all the shit facists do? Or do we only include the nice ones?

They're hardly rogue. They're just the current black sheep - and you're conveniently ignoring that despite Hungary AND the Czechs AND Slovakia being problems on Russia sanctions we still managed to put a package of sanctions (meaningless, fruitless, pointless not-working sanctions but still sanctions) together - their actions didn't end up blocking them. They supported the blocade on coal. All three exempt from the oil and gas (Hungary gets 85% of their gas and 60% of their oil from Russia). We're all still sucking Russia's dick - we're still paying $1bn a day to Russia.

So they hate the gays, and they hate the blacks. England did in the 70's and 80's. Germany really did in the 30's with a massive side order of Jews. So the fuck what?

This is what the EU is for.

Nonsense, they will wave their dick about over anything progressive. They are emboldened, the EU is seen to be weak right now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Our new Big Man in NL is balls deep into A, Cycling and B, saving the polar bears. Aces

So, I will be suggesting this to management tomorrow.

Edited, Halfords one is better.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks like £200 off £1000 from income tax, £132 from NI and then salary sacrifice of ~£19 a month per £1k. I would save 3x that in petrol.

Edit, I would use it most of the time, except if it's raining, could even run it full electric if it goes mental again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like £200 off £1000 from income tax, £132 from NI and then salary sacrifice of ~£19 a month per £1k. I would save 3x that in petrol.
I meant - what's the max you're allowed to spend on a bike? If you go to an independent they sometimes allow you to top up.

If you do decide to pull the trigger put your thoughts on here - I'm sure me and @Tom can point out any glaring goods/bads (I certainly can from an MTB side if that's the way you think you'd go).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom