SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Milky way is only 13.6 billion years old while the earth is only 4.5 billion years old.
Saying there isn't any other life in older parts of the universe is insane.

The Milky Way isn't much older than the known universe (13.8 billion years). Our galaxy is properly old even if our particular solar system isn't.

NB. @Zarjazz' hypothesis is a bit misleading, carbon and oxygen atoms were being created "only" 400m years after the Big Bang because the first stars went pop relatively quickly; there's still a very long period of time available for solar systems and potentially life, to live and die.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
NB. @Zarjazz' hypothesis is a bit misleading, carbon and oxygen atoms were being created "only" 400m years after the Big Bang because the first stars went pop relatively quickly; there's still a very long period of time available for solar systems and potentially life, to live and die.

Sure some of those elements were made back then but not enough. That's why I said in sufficient quantities & proportions. Also it's not my hypothosis 😁 It's the current thinking of those in cosmology, planetary evolution etc

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the current thinking of those in cosmology, planetary evolution etc
I think that's because that's a "nicer" hypothesis than one that describes a whole universe full of idiot species like us that wipe themselves out before they can detect other intelligence - and all our radio signals simply passing each other like ships that pass in the night.

"Why no alien life"
"Because they evolve like we evolved - get to a certain level of intelligence that's clever enough to destroy the world, but not clever enough to stop bickering and warring and come together and fix the problems we cause".
"I don't like that - lets just reverse our position and say life is really rare instead eh?"

;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I like the idea that eventually, a civilization gets advanced enough technology wise to recreate the big bang, and does it... and it goes horribly wrong. Again.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The Milky Way isn't much older than the known universe (13.8 billion years). Our galaxy is properly old even if our particular solar system isn't.

I'm not saying there is necessarily intelligent life in the universe.
There could well be algae, amoeba or other types of life out there which has not progressed yet or is progressing like life on earth.

It is mad to think there is absolutely nothing except on earth

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Very clearly I said that parents need to see what their kids are chucking about - and if they drop something they have to pick it up.

I've said:
1) Parents are responsible for clearing the litter thrown by toddlers.
2) Parents are responsible for teaching their kids to not throw litter by the time that they're old enough to play in traffic.

Direct question @Gwadien: Is either of those things incorrect or unreasonable?

These are things that are 100% "normal" now.

All I want is to fine parents who 1) don't pick up after their kids, and; 2) if they've not taught their kids how to behave with litter, despite teaching them how to not get run over.

I think suggesting that parents should be watching the actions of their children *constantly* (as in live their lives for them) is fucking stupid.

So you're walking down a street with a pushchair infront of you, kid falls asleep in push chair, drops something they're holding, you're happy for the police/local litter enforcers to chase them down and fine them £500?

£500?

Besides, I'd be happy to bet £500 that children make up a *VERY* small amount of littering problems to begin with anyway.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We have a lot of Amazon delivery drivers dump their rubbish and piss bottles round the village. Frankly, Amazon should be shamed, and fined.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Now I see why Musk sold all his property - no need for it when he's living rent free in your head.
Post was clearly about the diseased minds of Glem and Tucker, not Musk, but good effort.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's going to be a tough couple of years. The banks will sort themselves out though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The banks are fine. It's the people that are fucked.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Was at the shops the other day, some guy behind us in line was being typical NYC passive aggressive. He was shouting for more cashiers (there was only the one guy working), and when his phone rang he answered with "yeah I'm still in the f-ing store, the people in front of me are beyond slow and taking forever". I mean, weren't purposely being slow, we had asked the cashier to buy a stamp, and he was looking through all 5 tills to find one. Turns out, they were sold out. Ah well. We paid and left, with the guy still ranting while on the phone. Standing up to assholes is always dicey, could get you shot, but I've never been more tempted to ask the cashier "can I see that USB charge cable please"... and just purposely mess around with the back of the store items so antagonize this guy further,

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It is cool tho @Wij, so you get a pass :)

Unlike the new batman film, which was shite.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've been partial to rum and black forever. But the change to sugar-free cordials ruined everything. I had to buy expensive Rocks Blackcurrant cordial with about a million spoons of sugar in it.

But this week I've discovered that Ribena blackcurrant cordial works very well with dark rum, and at half the price (and a fraction the calories). So all is well again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom