SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You're a moron if you think life is unique to earth. Whether any other lifeform has progressed past Fermi paradox - Wikipedia is another matter.

I mean, we're proper basic, and we are nearly wiping ourselves out.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Or, apparently, that Twitter operates across the world, not just in the US.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
You're a moron if you think life is unique to earth. Whether any other lifeform has progressed past Fermi paradox - Wikipedia is another matter.

I think moron is a bit harsh. Pretty much all the research I've seen in recent years has been that Abiogenesis is far more unlikely than scientists used to think - and it was pretty low to begin with - and that every revision to the Drake Equation has made is get closer and closer to 1. It's quite possible we are the first intelligent life to arise in the universe. Depending on how you view things that is either very depressing or quite amazing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think moron is a bit harsh. Pretty much all the research I've seen in recent years has been that Abiogenesis is far more unlikely than scientists used to think - and it was pretty low to begin with - and that every revision to the Drake Equation has made is get closer and closer to 1. It's quite possible we are the first intelligent life to arise in the universe. Depending on how you view things that is either very depressing or quite amazing.

Meh, I think that is incredibly arrogant. Our solar system is a newbie in the age of the universe, which contains billions of galaxies, which contains trillions of stars and trillions of planets. Yes, the chance of life is incredibly small, but if we are here then chances are life is elsewhere too.

Edit: if you listen to the evidence, there is a high probability that we live in a simulation anyway, Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

If the average fine was tripled to £1000?

I'd love to see a minimum £10,000 fine for fly tipping, £1000 for throwing rubbish out of your car or dropping litter whilst out (and £500 for parents who's kids are caught chucking litter) - and the abolishment of all charges for household-produced waste.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I'd love to see a minimum £10,000 fine for fly tipping, £1000 for throwing rubbish out of your car or dropping litter whilst out (and £500 for parents who's kids are caught chucking litter) - and the abolishment of all charges for household-produced waste.

£500 for a kid littering? Before I laugh too hard could you specify what ages you are referring to?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
£500 for a kid littering? Before I laugh too hard could you specify what ages you are referring to?
From 3 days upwards.

If babies are with their parents and parents aren't paying enough attention to pick up shit their kids drop then it's really the parents who are littering, no?

If kids are out without their parents then they're old enough to run around in streets with lethal cars about, so they're old enough to be taught not to litter - and that'll only happen if scum parents are forced to do so - as the voluntary measures we have today clearly aren't working are they Gwad.

So this seems reasonable and proportionate. And much more lenient than shooting them in the face, which is my preferred solution.

:)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Meh, I think that is incredibly arrogant. Our solar system is a newbie in the age of the universe, which contains billions of galaxies, which contains trillions of stars and trillions of planets. Yes, the chance of life is incredibly small, but if we are here then chances are life is elsewhere too.

Edit: if you listen to the evidence, there is a high probability that we live in a simulation anyway, Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia

The Universe may be old to us, but it's likely in the early stages of its life. Our Solar System is only a third the age of the Universe, which some estimate will die of heat death in trillions of years.

Embattle

FH is my second home

If there is one negative about moving to Devon it is the way people seem so careless with their rubbish, it is terrible to see especially since it sometimes occurs right next to a bin or thrown out of a car.

Gwadien

From 3 days upwards.

If babies are with their parents and parents aren't paying enough attention to pick up shit their kids drop then it's really the parents who are littering, no?

If kids are out without their parents then they're old enough to run around in streets with lethal cars about, so they're old enough to be taught not to litter - and that'll only happen if scum parents are forced to do so - as the voluntary measures we have today clearly aren't working are they Gwad.

So this seems reasonable and proportionate. And much more lenient than shooting them in the face, which is my preferred solution.

:)

When I was a toddler I used to love throwing shit out of the car, the more my parents told me the more I did it.

That's being a toddler.

You never cease to amaze me how you adjust your world view to perfectly fit you.

£500 fine lol.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Our solar system is a newbie in the age of the universe

And there is a common misconception about that. Life requires complex, heavy elements (carbon, oxygen, etc) and in sufficient quantities. These are only formed from stars that have gone supernova. The Sun is a 3rd generation star, it and the solar system are formed from matter from two previous generations of supernova. Current thinking is that only such 3rd generation systems have the right combination of elements to support life. The fact we are a 'newbie' system doesn't mean life could have been around for billions of years already and we're late to the party, it's more likely it's the first opportunity it had to appear.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The Universe may be old to us, but it's likely in the early stages of its life. Our Solar System is only a third the age of the Universe, which some estimate will die of heat death in trillions of years.

The Milky way is only 13.6 billion years old while the earth is only 4.5 billion years old.
Saying there isn't any other life in older parts of the universe is insane.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
When I was a toddler I used to love throwing shit out of the car, the more my parents told me the more I did it.

That's being a toddler.

You never cease to amaze me how you adjust your world view to perfectly fit you.

£500 fine lol.
It's like hating children is a personality trait for some people. I know you don't chose to be born but everyone is a kid at some point.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then your mum and dad were shit at controlling you.

If I'd have thrown anything out of the car then I'd have been fucking bollocked - because it's all manner of wrong. So - like I said:
it's really the parents who are littering

Parent fail. Throwing stuff out of car windows isn't "just what kids do" - it's what kids can do when they're not taught not to and their parents need to be taught, by the state, through fines, that they're failing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's like hating children is a personality trait for some people. I know you don't chose to be born but everyone is a kid at some point.
I don't hate kids. I hate shit parents. Kids can perfectly easily be taught not to throw litter about - and to go and pick up their litter if they drop it.

It's not rocket science. Lots of parents do exactly that very succesfully. We need to fine shit parents who aren't teaching their children the correct lessons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everything is so easy in your world isn't it haha
Training kids not to throw litter about isn't exactly peak difficulty in parenting is it?

Most people do it very succesfully.

Gwadien

Training kids not to throw litter about isn't exactly peak difficulty in parenting is it?

Not when you have a fucking toddler that doesn't understand the implications of littering and just like throwing shit about.

My mum literally teaches other parents how to parent their kids, so fuck you if you think I should have some draconian up bringing.

You keep saying that you turned out alright but I don't think so, it might actually explain why you hate kids so much and why you think they and their parents should be punished so much.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

No, peak parenting is training your kids to throw litter properly. Get the wrist movement right you can normally get a cigarette butt to wedge in the grille of the Audi Driver or White Van you've got tailing you, usually makes them drop back.

Or chuck a bottle out the window and get a cyclist?

Possibilities are endless with the right training tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not when you have a fucking toddler that doesn't understand the implications of littering and just like throwing shit about.
Very clearly I said that parents need to see what their kids are chucking about - and if they drop something they have to pick it up.

I've said:
1) Parents are responsible for clearing the litter thrown by toddlers.
2) Parents are responsible for teaching their kids to not throw litter by the time that they're old enough to play in traffic.

Direct question @Gwadien: Is either of those things incorrect or unreasonable?

These are things that are 100% "normal" now.

All I want is to fine parents who 1) don't pick up after their kids, and; 2) if they've not taught their kids how to behave with litter, despite teaching them how to not get run over.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Possibilities are endless with the right training tbh.
100% agree with this bit of your post Bodhs :)

Including Britain not being covered in litter because of the small (but sizeable) percentage of lazy parents who litter, and don't teach their kids not to litter - creating a generation of arseholes who chuck their shit anywhere, despite there being bins pretty much everywhere so it's rare that they don't even have to take their shit home most of the time.

In the absence of being able to dissolve this section of society in a big acid vat I think a bit of a stick in terms of fines would go a long way - because the taxpayer funding a whole network of public bins to make it as easy as possible to not throw litter everywhere clearly isn't working. And we know, for a fact, that fines do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom