SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh come on. I've got friends who are Newcastle fans who were salivating over being bought by the Saudis last year. And the Superleague would just have sucked revenue out of everything else; if you're that much of a football purist, stick with Sunday League; the commercial ship has sailed on everything else.

I agree, it's madness, doesn't change the point though. I do go to more Conference / Conference South games than prem games these days. Cheaper, better links to the community and I can have a beer. ESL sucking funds out of football is a dream scenario for me by the way.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Post match press conferences are hardly the reason sponsors are involved, their are pure ego boosts for the event organisers, sponsors pay to be associated with success nothing else.

press conferences are an antiquated, useless drag on most sports, why bother 🤷‍♂️

If all athletes involved hate it and think it only makes things worse then why not get rid (like VAR eh @Scouse )

Press conferences are used by media outlets as a source for quotations. Those quotations go into the reports they release, whatever format that may be in. If they can't get any quotations, the reports are less attractive to the public, and harder to sell to advertisers.

So yes, they're important. And they're also plastered with sponsor logos (see Premiership football pressers).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wife is out for the day with my sister.

Large cod, large chips and a spam fritter on its way for lunch. Battered Mars bar for pudding. Also threw in a couple of battered sausages to have mid-afternoon.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So we get all these people complain and get people dropped from movies if a white person plays someone who isnt white, or an able bodied person plays someone disabled.
whatever the rights and wrongs are.

How come then its ok for a Balck lady to play Anne Boleyn ?

i mean i dont care if a chinese transvestite with down syndrome plays her but surely it should be consistent.

either all allowed to without out cry or all not.

People have lost roles cause of this and to see this being pushed through seems weird to me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Black people weren't invented in those days.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Black people weren't invented in those days.

Not true...

It is interesting that once people actually looked they found historical evidence to disprove 'factual' history - such as there weren't blacks around in Tudor England.

So we get all these people complain and get people dropped from movies if a white person plays someone who isnt white, or an able bodied person plays someone disabled.

i mean i dont care if a chinese transvestite with down syndrome plays her but surely it should be consistent.

People have lost roles cause of this and to see this being pushed through seems weird to me.
1622655493902.png

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not true...

It is interesting that once people actually looked they found historical evidence to disprove 'factual' history - such as there weren't blacks around in Tudor England.

View attachment 44360

I was joking, I've seen Robin Hood.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not true...

View attachment 44360

Was Anne Boleyn black? No? Well shut the fuck up then.

Its stunt casting to make a point...something something...white people did it first...something something...representation...something something...

I'd have the slightest smidgen of agreement with all this if it was genuine "colour-blind" casting, but is it bollocks.

Gwadien

Was Anne Boleyn black? No? Well shut the fuck up then.

Its stunt casting to make a point...something something...white people did it first...something something...representation...something something...

I'd have the slightest smidgen of agreement with all this if it was genuine "colour-blind" casting, but is it bollocks.

I was responding to Raven, so you shut the fuck up!

Besides, I don't even know what Moriath is referring to.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

White people in this country haven't been subject to centuries of institutional racism while living here. That's why it's frowned upon for a white person to wear blackface, no matter the reason.

I think it's funny that people like Lawrence Fox, who has destroyed his own career by revealing himself to be an ignorant twat, are complaining about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
White people in this country haven't been subject to centuries of institutional racism while living here.
Yep. Agree. But two wrongs don't make a right and all that :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I was responding to Raven, so you shut the fuck up!

Besides, I don't even know what Moriath is referring to.

We should all know there were many ethnicities in the uk at that time.

not my argument tho. Not even against her playing anne. Just dont complain when others act different people they are no racially profiled as in civvy street.

Gwadien

We should all know there were many ethnicities in the uk at that time.

not my argument tho. Not even against her playing anne. Just dont complain when others act different people they are no racially profiled as in civvy street.

Who gives a shit?

Although, 1.9 does seem like it's being targeted for a panning.

What's worse? People who get upset about white actors playing black people, or white people panning a TV series because they're offended by the actors skin colour?

:rolleyes:

*It still could be awful, mind ;)

DaGaffer

Who gives a shit?

Although, 1.9 does seem like it's being targeted for a panning.

What's worse? People who get upset about white actors playing black people, or white people panning a TV series because they're offended by the actors skin colour?

:rolleyes:

*It still could be awful, mind ;)

When its about actual history, at least fucking try to be accurate. I get upset if they use the wrong tanks in a WW2 movie, why wouldn't I be annoyed by this?

In literally any other form of drama, I couldn't give a shit; do not care about a black James Bond or a Chinese Superman, but deliberate liberties with actual historic figures boils my piss because people are terrible at knowing about history at the best of times, you don't have to deliberately make it worse when it does absolutely nothing for plot or story. Sometimes with history you might have to compress, simplify or fill in narrative gaps where we just don't know or to make weird shit people did back then understandable, but that's not what's happening here.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yep. Agree. But two wrongs don't make a right and all that :)

Nothing really wrong about it. For a start, Anne Boleyn's identity wasn't rooted in skin colour or race.

Interesting though there isn't similar outrage over a very slim actor playing Henry VIII a few years back, rather than a ham planet.

Gwadien

Nothing really wrong about it. For a start, Anne Boleyn's identity wasn't rooted in skin colour or race.

Interesting though there isn't similar outrage over a very slim actor playing Henry VIII a few years back, rather than a ham planet.

That's because he was slim when he was young and became crippled (tournament or riding?) then became fat.

But yeah, I'm kinda defeating a point that I want to support :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

There was, recently, outrage. Nay. OUTRAGE!!1! That Max Von Sydow played Ming the Merciless in Flash Gordon - stoking all of the nastiness of the YELLOW PERIL! And he was clearly very racist for doing so. Must be true. Was in the Guardian.

I'm sorry. If people are going to be touchy fucks about white folk playing <insert whatever's got sand in your fanny over a fictional character here> then fair enough. However, I'm with @DaGaffer when he points out that Anne Boleyn is a historical character currently being cast black because <why the fuck not>. So I think it's reasonable to go "wait, what?"

I'm not down with whether it's "right" or "wrong" - I'm not moralizing. I just don't like it. I think it's a bit shit.

Having said that - you're going to see a bit of this when black people are contending with this sort of crap.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

You need to read a bit history on him. He was quite the sportsman in his youth, slim and fit.

As for this latest storm in a tea cup. I think if it is a serious drama on historical figures then they should be played by ethnically similar people for accuracy. If it's a piss take comedy then I would not care one iota.

DaGaffer

Jonathan Rhys-Myers' physique was criticised when the Tudors came out. Mainly because people assumed Henry was always fat, which wasn't the case. The criticism was actually valid in the later episodes because they should have recast or got the fat suit out.

NB. Of course Anne Boleyn's identity was rooted in skin colour and race, everybody's was. The problem with colour blind casting is that if you do it enough people will start to assume Europe was actually multi-cultural in the middle ages when it simply wasn't. (and no, the relative handfuls of black people in Britain really don't count). Its actually worse when they do it in slightly later eras when it can insidiously give the impression that black people were accepted and seen as equals with whites which was emphatically not true. The complaint made by BAME people about historical dramas not being relevant to them because its all white faces is the point; we took black people and put them out of sight, out of mind where we could do terrible things to them which we literally weren't allowed to do if they came to England, because slavery was illegal here, but not in the Caribbean. Eventually people will start to think everything was all cum by ya and we were all one big multiracial happy family; even with outright fantasy like Brigerton, people are already making claims there were loads of minorities everywhere in Europe and its all a big cover up.

And finally there is absolutely no doubt that a double standard is at play here; most recent example would be Tilda Swinton in Doctor Strange. The original Ancient One in the comics was a Tibetan man, so he should have been played by "an Asian" according to all the mouthbreathers on social media. What was most hilarious was all the thick cunts suggesting a long list of Chinese actors who should have had the role, with no sense of irony whatsoever.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This would be all solveable with cryptocurrency.

Open traceable ledger + KYC = every cent openly tracked and easily accounted for.

All the tax authorities would need are your wallet addresses - and any payments into or out of those wallets could be made taxable in the jurisdictions the sales were made / payments come from. (Obviously, lots more around that, but crypto takes out all of the opacity and puts clear light of day on things).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This would be all solveable with cryptocurrency.

Open traceable ledger + KYC = every cent openly tracked and easily accounted for.

All the tax authorities would need are your wallet addresses - and any payments into or out of those wallets could be made taxable in the jurisdictions the sales were made / payments come from. (Obviously, lots more around that, but crypto takes out all of the opacity and puts clear light of day on things).

Tax law would remain tax law, the currency doesn't matter. All these companies are paying the exact amount due under current tax law/legislation. They aren't going to pay extra, why would they? How would it be calculated? Go after governments.

I suggest you start looking at those that HQ in Luxembourg too, and why.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tax law would remain tax law, the currency doesn't matter. All these companies are paying the exact amount due under current tax law/legislation. They aren't going to pay extra, why would they? How would it be calculated? Go after governments.
Tax law changes are being mooted. But right now we're "surprised" that Microsoft is earning most of the GDP of Ireland and not paying tax on it.

We've had expose after expose, the panama papers etc. etc. etc. Years and years of diligent work by undercover reporters - who face threats to their lives in some cases - to uncover the murky and opaque dealings.

Cryptocurrencies potentially remove all that opacity - they're open ledgers. Try and get a single bank to open it's ledger up to you. Whereas you can read the records of every single transaction.

So not only do crypto's solve the problem of hidden funding, hoarding and money transfers - they also allow automated and full enforcing of the laws. You could do away with nearly every single tax investigator, lots of the regulatory bodies - you could almost do "tax as a service" electronically.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom