SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
In my opinion the jury should find guilt. The punishment is where the flexibility lays.

their finds should be that they are guilty of the theft. The judge can then here extenuating circumstances and choose not to punish them for the act.

the judge is a legal professional imo and the jury are not. So they can find guilt of action and its not connected to the punishment.

The punishment is handed down by a single person; IE a judge.

I find it ironic that you pretty much want a totalitarian version of 'justice' lol.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The american medical situation is shit. I have american relatives so i know how crap it is.
insulin which costs pence to make should be free. Like it is here.

the whole system in the usa is corrupt and not fitfor purpose.

but you just project your bias onto me.

Also lol at this post, were you a different person when you wrote the previous one?

I said you don't care so long as you're alright, in your previous post you pretty much agreed with it, then you decided to disagree with it when I pointed it out, lol.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Also lol at this post, were you a different person when you wrote the previous one?

I said you don't care so long as you're alright, in your previous post you pretty much agreed with it, then you decided to disagree with it when I pointed it out, lol.
Listen carefully.

if you take something that isnt yours, that belongs to someone else without their permission its theft. Doesn’t matter what the extenuating circumstances are.

Taking examples to extremes just to show that there can be extenuating circumstances doesnt change the act being theft.

should the victim of said theft want to take you to court they have every right to expect that if you did infact take said thing you are guilty of Theft.

the repercussions on that act can be many and varied depending on said circumstances. But you broke the law and stole. Its black and white.

the judge may find extenuating circumstances and commute and sentencing . Thats why you have character witnesses and victim statements. And the cps to decide if its in the public interest to prosecute you in the first place.

no where in there do i make any judgement about the validity or position or reasoning behind that.

Most if not all minor theft is because of a need that cannot be met or a difficulty in being able to provide whats needed for that person or their family.

would you make all those people who steal for those reasons be free from reprocusions?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Protesting isnt theft (kind of a dumb comparison to make imo) and is far less clear cut. Jury made the call that in this case it was not enough to simply claim they caused criminal damage. It highlights that not everything that is illegal is wrong, or worth locking people up for.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In my opinion the jury should find guilt. The punishment is where the flexibility lays.

their finds should be that they are guilty of the theft. The judge can then here extenuating circumstances and choose not to punish them for the act.

the judge is a legal professional imo and the jury are not. So they can find guilt of action and its not connected to the punishment.
So you don't believe in the english legal system then.

The reason we have a "jury of your peers" is because governments and the judiciary can be absolute corrupt wankers - the jury is there to protect the public from tyrrany.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It highlights that not everything that is illegal is wrong, or worth locking people up for.
Yep. In @Moriath's world the chemical castration of Alan Turing was "just" because "gross indecency" (i.e. - being privately gay) was against the law.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had a Dominos for tea on a whim.

Can feel my insides rotting already.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Naive sheep-like compliant dangerous idiocy IMO.

Until it's your car that is left a burnt-out wreck? Agree with Moriah tbh, protest is great and you can cause lots of disruption and get the publicity without violence and damage. Can't stand HSBC and would never do any business with them but I kicking in their windows is not going to change a thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
protest is great and you can cause lots of disruption and get the publicity without violence and damage
Apart from this is exactly what they're banning in the UK.

XR did lots of disruptive peaceful protest last year. Peaceful, non-violent but disruptive.

Govt response is to criminalise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Spotify putting their price up from £14.99 a month (Which I already think is steep) to £16.99

That will be another streaming service getting binned then :)

My current

Spotify £14.99 (now £16.99) Cancelled later on.
Amazon Prime £7.99
Netflix £13.99 Now cancelled
Sky Sports, Movies, 4k, Broadband. £90ish All getting binned in July, moving to free view.

The more and more people that want a bit of the pie the more it costs everyone and the less attractive it becomes. It's already a pain searching through all the different providers to find something. Dead easy on the high seas.

Last edited:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Spotify putting their price up from £14.99 a month (Which I already think is steep) to £16.99

My current

Amazon Prime £7.99
Sky Sports, Movies, 4k, Broadband. £90ish All getting binned in July, moving to free view.

The more and more people that want a bit of the pie the more it costs everyone and the less attractive it becomes. It's already a pain searching through all the different providers to find something. Dead easy on the high seas.
Good to know because that is expensive. Also I don't know about you but they've also recently been annoying me by:
  • Forcing podcasts more and more into the UI. Like I get it Spotify needs to build a content library 'cos reasons but I pay for music and don't care about podcasts so naff off and give me an option to have the home page be music.
  • Popups when opening the UI like "try this" or "refer a friend" etc. This is especially annoying as I have all the settings switched to "off" for this kind of shit and I pay a subscription.
  • Play history is still useless across multiple devices. This is especially annoying given the amount of data they collect.
  • In fact the UI in general is getting so bad that it's generally easier to use whatever the voice control system of a device is to play something from Spotify than it is to use Spotify itself. Unless it's a playlist and then Spotify is too stupid to think if you ask for a playlist like "My Playlist" it should prioritise the "My Playlist" in your library over the first "My Playlist" it finds anywhere else, say in someone elses library from half way across the globe.
I think Spotify are potentially on the edge of alienating a lot of people with this continued bullshit. I really only started to use them because the wife bought a lot of CD's a month so they were cost effective, very good cross-platform (Spotify was everywhere not like AirPlay only over here or Chromecast only there) and I quite liked that Apple / Google / Amazon didn't end up winning music. The big players are catching up now though (Apple Music on Android anyone?)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I can't even get playlists to continue from phone to car to home etc, drives me up the wall.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Had a wisdom tooth out this morning. Couldn't believe how quick it was. Root canal treatment I had 3 years ago took 4 times longer.
He said you might feel a prick
Yes I do. I'm sitting down in a chair thats too short for me, I'm wearing a baby's bib, a pair of dark glasses that doesn't fit, and a masked man has his fingers in my mouth.
Well, I hope it was his fingers...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Apart from this is exactly what they're banning in the UK.

XR did lots of disruptive peaceful protest last year. Peaceful, non-violent but disruptive.

Govt response is to criminalise.
Doesnt mean destroying stuff is acceptable. Means continue doing the disruptive stuff to show they cant prosecute 1000‘s of people. Its an unworkable law that the police would have no way of enforcing effectively.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

My current

Amazon Prime £7.99

You're my third reminder today to cancel Spotify, along with a reminder from Amazon that I get music as part of my Prime account, and an article telling me Spotify's owner is about to buy Arsenal, which means a. he has too much money, and b. he's a Gooner ffs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesnt mean destroying stuff is acceptable. Means continue doing the disruptive stuff to show they cant prosecute 1000‘s of people. Its an unworkable law that the police would have no way of enforcing effectively.
Bullshit. Hundreds were arrested anyway. Because we're making peaceful protest illegal - and the only thing people seem to give a shit about is inconvenience.

There's no solidarity with protestors. There's no appreciation of the risks being faced. There's a clear desire to keep heads in the ground and do nothing.

You say destroying stuff isn't acceptable - I don't think destroying 60% of animal life since 1970 is acceptable. If the focus of your ire is on protestors smashing a few windows or holding up traffic rather than the destruction of the environment then you're part of the problem.

We should be rioting en-mass over this. We're willing to act drastically over something as comparatively piddly as Covid, but we do fuck all about our environment which is much more important.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're my third reminder today to cancel Spotify, along with a reminder from Amazon that I get music as part of my Prime account, and an article telling me Spotify's owner is about to buy Arsenal, which means a. he has too much money, and b. he's a Gooner ffs.
I still like spotify - but then I mostly use it through google voice commands.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Having said all that, just signed up properly to gamepass.

I'm thinking I might get a cheeky Xbox S to go behind the TV.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Forgot I had Amazon prime Music!
Also cancelled my Spotify now!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah the cheap one, just for streaming/gamepass stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Tom
Top Bottom