SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Ormorof

FH is my second home

some dude using 80lbs of explosives for a gender reveal party. Man yanks are stoopid

I particularly love this line

People in towns miles away felt the impact, which was said to be caused by mixing chalk with 80 pounds of Tannerite, an over-the-counter explosive.

Seems like such a casual explanation of how they got it

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Yes for our legal system, fucking yes.
But they were guilty.

there was no defence to their actions.

its a travesty of justice.

if they were innocent and found guilty you be boiling yr piss.

if it was me i would declare a mis trial because of jury bias. Even run it with only judges.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
But they were guilty.

there was no defence to their actions.

its a travesty of justice.

if they were innocent and found guilty you be boiling yr piss.

if it was me i would declare a mis trial because of jury bias. Even run it with only judges.

That's why we have a jury of our peers so that their decisions can reflect society, especially on such crimes where nobody was hurt.

You're boiling your piss because you've already stated a few times that you don't really care about the future after your death, which is fine, but I find it weird that you're eager to criminalise people that do have pretty legitimate and serious concerns.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But they were guilty.
A jury of their peers found them innocent. So they were NOT guilty.

I don't know what went on during deliberations but I guess it went along the lines of "they're trying to stop mass-murder with a bit of graffiti, are they guilty of a crime or shall we exercise our right to say "your actions were OK".

The world is dying Mori. And you're one of the bad guys, unfortunately. :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's why we have a jury of our peers so that their decisions can reflect society, especially on such crimes where nobody was hurt.

You're boiling your piss because you've already stated a few times that you don't really care about the future after your death, which is fine, but I find it weird that you're eager to criminalise people that do have pretty legitimate and serious concerns.
But thats not what a jury is for. Not to make a moral decision. But to decide on the balance of evidence if the people in the dock have broken the law. The law is clear it was broken. But they didnt find them guilty. So they failed in their legal duty.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
But thats not what a jury is for. Not to make a moral decision. But to decide on the balance of evidence if the people in the dock have broken the law. The law is clear it was broken. But they didnt find them guilty. So they failed in their legal duty.

Thats not what a jury is for, hell even a brief glance at wiki gives an explanation that fits this case

It is the role of the judge, not the jury, to determine what law applies to a particular set of facts. However, occasionally jurors find the law to be invalid or unfair, and on that basis acquit the defendant, regardless of the evidence presented that the defendant violated the law. This is commonly referred to as "jury nullification of law" or simply jury nullification.

So perfectly acceptable for a jury to do what they did

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Imagine if in the UK you had to pay for insulin (in the US it costs a small fortune). If you didn't pay, you would definitely die. So you steal some, get caught, and are tried. There's no doubt you're guilty.

If I were on that jury you can bet your arse I'd vote not guilty, because charging people at the point of service for life-saving medicine is bullshit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Imagine if in the UK you had to pay for insulin (in the US it costs a small fortune). If you didn't pay, you would definitely die. So you steal some, get caught, and are tried. There's no doubt you're guilty.

If I were on that jury you can bet your arse I'd vote not guilty, because charging people at the point of service for life-saving medicine is bullshit.

But difference is that Moriath can personally afford it so why would he care?

He'll probably be convinced that he has to pay more because some people steal it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

In my opinion the jury should find guilt. The punishment is where the flexibility lays.

their finds should be that they are guilty of the theft. The judge can then here extenuating circumstances and choose not to punish them for the act.

the judge is a legal professional imo and the jury are not. So they can find guilt of action and its not connected to the punishment.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But difference is that Moriath can personally afford it so why would he care?

He'll probably be convinced that he has to pay more because some people steal it.
The american medical situation is shit. I have american relatives so i know how crap it is.
insulin which costs pence to make should be free. Like it is here.

the whole system in the usa is corrupt and not fitfor purpose.

but you just project your bias onto me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom