SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So does that apply to climate change too then?
That's what the meat argument is about. So, er, yes.

Because I personally believe that 'people' doing their bit is largely pointless unless Governments and companies do more.
Again - it's not either / or.

If enough people do their bit it has a measureable effect. So you should do your bit as much as you can. But you can't be expected to be whiter than white - you just do your best. But it works - it has an effect - and on more than just carbon reduction, but on societal mentality and more.

On Governmental governance - that's why I didn't get a job in the environment despite it being my chosen degree. I would have spent my life feeling like I was pissing into the wind against structural problems. If I wanted to affect real mass change then cross-governmental and corporate governance is what's required (which is hampered by the concentration of wealth in the hands of uber-wealthy).

I'm fairly sure you shot that down a while ago.
Nope. Both is true.

If you live in an obeseogenic environment you can try to keep your weight off - but it's hard. That's why 70% of us are overweight or obese.

The effort isn't wasted however.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you're not willing then why should anyone else bother or pay more?
Wilfully ignoring my argument. I've already said I do more than most. Way more. And I stand by that.

I won't live like an ascetic though. So f.u. buddy. Meat consumption isn't the only place you can make changes to help with the environment. There are literally thousands of things you can do.

So unless you're a fucking environmental saint who's absolutely fucking amazing, I won't be taking that lecture from you.

Big change come from small changes.
Big change comes from lots of people making small changes - I've made lots of small changes. I've just not made all of the changes. Have you?

Biggest change comes from regulation. Which I argue for. Do you?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sorry but no one will take you seriously when you consistently argue for the sake of... yes this is a forum for opinions but don’t expect people to engage - for me you are as bad if not worse than Job - it is why you receive emotes rather that posts .... not many can be arsed including me

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Wilfully ignoring my argument. I've already said I do more than most. Way more. And I stand by that.

I won't live like an ascetic though. So f.u. buddy. Meat consumption isn't the only place you can make changes to help with the environment. There are literally thousands of things you can do.

So unless you're a fucking environmental saint who's absolutely fucking amazing, I won't be taking that lecture from you.

Big change comes from lots of people making small changes - I've made lots of small changes. I've just not made all of the changes. Have you?

Biggest change comes from regulation. Which I argue for. Do you?

Yes I do my bit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry but no one will take you seriously when you consistently argue for the sake of... yes this is a forum for opinions but don’t expect people to engage - for me you are as bad if not worse than Job - it is why you receive emotes rather that posts .... not many can be arsed including me
You can be arsed to moan at me all the time but, honestly, I don't think you disagree with much of it, you just don't like me.

I'm OK with that. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno why you dislike that @Moriath. I think it's fair.

Yoni didn't have an argument to make about what I said. Spends a lot of time hitting facepalm on the posts but can't be arsed helping me see where I'm going wrong. Whether she disagrees with what I've written or not I don't know but the funny thing is when I've explicitly agreed with her opinions on some posts I've still attracted a dislike.

Leads me to only one conclusion, which doesn't upset me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
SO, as vegetables are already cheaper than meat - if people move to a higher-veg based diet they'll not only be helping the planet and healthier - they'll be better off.

But people aren't already changing voluntarily - so something needs to change. Economic reality shows that cost makes people move - and we really are past the point of asking now.

Of course, that's wholly undermined by the fact that we're about to flood our market with cheap US meat produced to much worse environmental and health standards. But hey ho. :(

Stick a levy on red meat and sugar, use it to subsidise fruit and veg. Sorted.

Oh, and educate children properly on food, because their parents obviously don't bother.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Dunno why you dislike that @Moriath. I think it's fair.

Yoni didn't have an argument to make about what I said. Spends a lot of time hitting facepalm on the posts but can't be arsed helping me see where I'm going wrong. Whether she disagrees with what I've written or not I don't know but the funny thing is when I've explicitly agreed with her opinions on some posts I've still attracted a dislike.

Leads me to only one conclusion, which doesn't upset me.
I have spent a lot of time explaining historically but I completely get why others have done and now I do either facepalm you or put you on ignore (weirdly doing this doesn’t detract from the flow of the conversation)... as for “liking”. are you in primary school? I do not know you nothing to like or dislike except how you are arrogant enough to assume a persona who assumes they are right all the time without any ability to concede even when science and data slap you in the face repeatedly

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Stick a levy on red meat and sugar, use it to subsidise fruit and veg. Sorted.

Oh, and educate children properly on food, because their parents obviously don't bother.
Totally in agreement with that approach too.

I'd want the subsidy applied to organic veg - as it's better for the environment by far.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
assumes they are right all the time without any
ability to concede even when science and data slap you in the face repeatedly
I do that a lot, explicitly, "I stand corrected" is not an uncommon post from me.

I guess I'm on ignore too much for you to read it. :)

Edit:
... as for “liking”. are you in primary school?
When you became an adult did you stop disliking or liking people? Is the action of liking or disliking someone only the action of primary school children now?

Your pattern of dislikes / disagreements, especially when I've explicitly agreed with you - leads me to no other conclusion. If posting on a forum isn't enough to form an opinion on whether you like/dislike someone then I don't know what is - the only thing left is the physical - which isn't something people should be judging on anyway.

/shrug.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe I'm a bit touchy today tho @Yoni - I've a fucking minging headache and feel like shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
oooh Covid!
Aren't you supposed to have a sniffle or something.

::

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Well. I've a headache, and have had a runny nose on and off for ages - but that's a function of going from inside warm to outside cold all the time :)

Honestly, I'd be flabbergasted if I get covid. I've not seen anyone else in weeks! And that's not likely to change any time soon - with the welsh lockdown lifting and the english lockdown coming into force I'll be able to get out on my bike and see the countryside with nobody in it. What a privilege! :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Aren't you supposed to have a sniffle or something.

::

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • Sore throat
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Well. I've a headache, and have had a runny nose on and off for ages - but that's a function of going from inside warm to outside cold all the time :)

Honestly, I'd be flabbergasted if I get covid. I've not seen anyone else in weeks! And that's not likely to change any time soon - with the welsh lockdown lifting and the english lockdown coming into force I'll be able to get out on my bike and see the countryside with nobody in it. What a privilege! :)

I had a tiny cough, sore throat and headache. None of the others.
Had a blocked nose but no congestion or runny nose. No snot whatsoever.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd like to see a tax on people suggesting the implementation of new forms of taxation

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd like to see a tax on people suggesting that people who suggest there should be tax on people that suggest the implementation of new forms of taxation.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Woot, very decent Indian restaurant nearby is offering a 50% to teachers and NHS staff. My wife is a teacher, which is nice.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Woot, very decent Indian restaurant nearby is offering a 50% to teachers and NHS staff. My wife is a teacher, which is nice.
i think you should have to sit and watch her eat the meal. Being as only hers is 50% off ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I ate only 50% of my samosa
Then I watched myself eat the other 50%
Result.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • Sore throat
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Lol Those symptoms apply to 90% of every disease listed on the Internet.

I had a headache earlier. Feeling tired too. Shit. I think I've got Whooping Cough, Polio, a Hangover, Chronic Baconitis, Bumhole Failure, Fanny Syndrome, Consumption, Rickets, African Swamp Malaria, Radiation Poisoning, Winkle Rot, Hard Pad, and Distemper.

Better eat another samosa :p

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
BTW, I was joking.
I don't have baconitis

- "Winkle Rot is not a joke. It's a very serious illness. One of my friends has it, and his groin stinks. We're raising awareness. I assume you'll make a sizeable contribution and a public apology"

- Feck off. You look like you only remember your name because your Mum has it tattood on her lower back

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I still don't understand how bitcoins work
To me they just seem fraudulent or ultra risky
You pay real money to some internet entity that doesn't actually exist, and in return for absolutely no security or protection, they issue you with an internet currency that doesn't exist so you can watch an "investment" grow (lol) or buy bad stuff on the dark web
Hopefully I'll be long dead before virtual currencies take over everyday life

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You pay real money to some internet entity that doesn't actually exist, and in return for absolutely no security or protection, they issue you with an internet currency that doesn't exist so you can watch an "investment" grow (lol) or buy bad stuff on the dark web

Very little of your money (in real terms) is "protected", even if its in a bank. Money in the strictest sense is largely imaginary anyway, its circulation is the only thing that keeps it "real".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's nothing like that at all m8. It's just a replacement medium of exchange - instead of £ or $ it's bitcoin.

There are significant advantages to not having bank control of money and it cuts out all of the middlemen too - so no VISA charges etc etc. Instant movement of money, very cheaply, to anywhere in the world.

It's also significantly less dodgy than normal money - that $1bn worth of bitcoin the story was about - if that was in $ or £ and held in our banks we'd never have known what was happening with it. As it's held in bitcoin we know where it's gone from, where it's gone to and when - because we can look at the ledger.

The reason banks came out so strongly against it is that it makes them meaningless as a method of transfer - and this whole "it's dodgy" shite - it's because a lot of very rich, very dodgy people would have their financial transactions exposed for ALL to see.

If we have strong identification on currency conversion - (and banks have this already - it's called Know Your Customer) then criminals would literally have nowhere to hide and no way of disguising their payments. - criminals like rogue governments (the UK being prime amongst 'em), er, the royal family?

The point being we don't know - because we can't see what they're doing.

We absolutely will have e-money. That's nailed on. The only thing will be if central banks run the infrastructure themselves and not allow us to be part of the "distributed ledger". - and it's that "distributed ledger" which makes it powerful.

What'll happen is the central banks will run their own bitcoin, tell the public that the rest of the crypto currencies are dodgy and we'll all move onto the dodgy, secret, bank-owned bitcoins and the rich and criminals will stay hidden.

Because we're fucking mugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom