SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Reporting things that Cummings tells her without checking them is part of her job it would seem.

It's pretty genius though;

- Leak a potiental policy.

- Allow BBC to report on it.

- If public reaction is bad then don't do it, if public reaction is terrible tell the bbc we're going to defund you for not being impartial.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty genius though;

- Leak a potiental policy.

- Allow BBC to report on it.

- If public reaction is bad then don't do it, if public reaction is terrible tell the bbc we're going to defund you for not being impartial.
Apart from the last bit thats always been the way of things.

Gwadien

Apart from the last bit thats always been the way of things.

No, but by leaking information then denying it's existence and calling the bbc lefty loonies spreading fake news.

That's new :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We all remember this:

Yorkshire Post actually checked facts. Laura and Peston are happy to spread government gossip as news.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Nazis didn't fire swivel headed loons, what are you on about?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We all remember this:

Yorkshire Post actually checked facts. Laura and Peston are happy to spread government gossip as news.
Don't forget her saying that the postal votes weren't looking good for Labour the day before polling either.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Black postboxes.
No problem..its black history month.

Except Mary Seacole.
Seriously her story is so widely debunked..even in her autobiography, she was a hotelier and landlady who sold cakes and beer to the troops while dabbling in useless alternative medicine that she apoligised for.

Still shes all theyve got so they can undermine Nightingale.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For more info.

So basically - lots of people with researched books and one website that says "it's all lies" - and we have to believe it?

Question is: Why should we believe that?

Personally, never heard of her. But hey ho.

Job

Ive posted about her extensively.

I cant post every freakin link..research it if youre interested, she has a statue outside a hospital.

Just another attempt to big up black history by stretching the truth to fit an agenda.
Nothing new.

I mean two out of four...Lenny fucking Henry and some mixed race woman who pretended to be nurse and actually called black people thick nixxers.
In ..her....book.!!!

Look it up.

Job

Gwadien

I cant post every freakin link..research it if youre interested, she has a statue outside a hospital.

Just another attempt to big up black history by stretching the truth to fit an agenda.
Nothing new.

I mean two out of four...Lenny fucking Henry and some mixed race woman who pretended to be nurse and actually called black people thick nixxers.
In ..her....book.!!!

Look it up.

Jesus.

She was a mixed-race woman who took it upon herself to travel out to Crimea and she setup a hotel/hospital for officers and a shop.

She also went out to the frontlines to tend for the regulars and she performed surgical operations herself.

The soldiers seem to disagree with you, as they were rather affectionate about her (even though she was mixed race!)

Even Florence Nightingale who didn't allow her to travel with the other nurses later changed her mind and realised that she was very capable and was doing an excellent job.

I googled your claims, and the only things that pop up are very openly right wing media outlets and that website you posted.

It's almost like people want to remove the history of non-white people doing good things in white society.

Job

So lets ignore her racism, the fact that she described herself as just a bit dusky, praised her white relatives over her black.
Was courted by white Victorians who agreed with her racist attitudes.
Did her own surgery? Wtf
She was told by Florence not to go to the Crimea because she was too old and had no nursing experience at that time she was already a part of white society.

I mean it IS a sign of the times and it was the norm back then.

But a black hero?

FFS

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

There are 4 posts on the forum matching the search 'Mary Seacole', and 2 of those are in this thread... I am gonna start slapping the warnings on you again if you persist in being such an ass.

Job

Jup if you and Deebs dont want me on this forum then just fucking ban me.

Youve already crippled my access, pulling me up on irrelevent and pedantic subjects, personally attacking me for posting things you dont like.

You allow all the usual idiots on here to endlessly attack me personally while constantly over moderating me on things that you completely ignore from every other poster.

If you want this site to be the guardian comments section, then fine.

Heres my post on Mary

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Job is right, to a degree, on this one. Mary Seacole purposefully distanced herself from those blacker than herself so as not to be lumped in with them, and showed racism towards them. There are also anti-Semitic ramblings and other general xenophobia in her memoirs. Her achievements are no less remarkable, but in my opinion it's important to acknowledge these things, given the context. However, she was voted greatest ever black Briton, so what do I know?

Gwadien

So lets ignore her racism, the fact that she described herself as just a bit dusky, praised her white relatives over her black.

at that time she was already a part of white society.

You answered your own question.

You're also talking about someone who lived in the 19th century.

So there's a couple of things;

- Most wounded men died in battle because the medicine still wasn't sufficient at that time.
- Using her mum's Jamaican techniques would be laughable today, but back then it was pioneering stuff, they sterilised, and maintained a high level of hygiene way before Nightingale did, she saved lives.
- She went there under her own steam.
- She went to a war zone.
- She was dual heritage, which meant that she faced just as much resentment than blacks, yet she still did it.

All Rosa Parks did was sit on a bus - does that mean you discredit her too?

Job is right, to a degree, on this one. Mary Seacole purposefully distanced herself from those blacker than herself so as not to be lumped in with them, and showed racism towards them. There are also anti-Semitic ramblings and other general xenophobia in her memoirs. Her achievements are no less remarkable, but in my opinion it's important to acknowledge these things, given the context. However, she was voted greatest ever black Briton, so what do I know?

She distanced herself from black people because that's how you'd fit in 19th century society, same with anti-Semitism. I don't think you can discredit people because they were products of the society at the time.

This is what I find bizarre though, is that she went to Crimera and saved lives using medicine others were not. That makes her a British hero, if you wish to remove the race part, that's why I find it so bizarre that Job is trying to discredit her.

I do know why though - it's because most schools in the UK don't teach about Nightingale anymore but teach about Seacole instead, because historians (not 'liberal' teachers) consider her to be just as important as Nightingale, if not more, but her importance is undermined because she isn't white. So Job probably found this information on some alt-right forum who have racist parents who are upset their kids are learning about non-white famous Britons.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
She distanced herself from black people because that's how you'd fit in 19th century society, same with anti-Semitism. I don't think you can discredit people because they were products of the society at the time.

This is a slippery slope of an argument that can be very easily manipulated to fit any agenda, left or right and something I'm not particularly a fan of.

Gwadien

This is a slippery slope of an argument that can be very easily manipulated to fit any agenda, left or right and something I'm not particularly a fan of.

Disagree. That means you should discredit any historical figure pre ww2 because they were more than likely anti-semitic.

What are your thoughts on Churchill?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So if you give them a pass, what date do you use as a cutoff before you can call them a cunt?

:)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jup if you and Deebs dont want me on this forum then just fucking ban me.

Youve already crippled my access, pulling me up on irrelevent and pedantic subjects, personally attacking me for posting things you dont like.

You allow all the usual idiots on here to endlessly attack me personally while constantly over moderating me on things that you completely ignore from every other poster.

If you want this site to be the guardian comments section, then fine.

Actually you have crippled your own access by posting stuff that warrants a warning, the more points you accumulate the worse it becomes. Same as always.

I do not personally attack anyone on here but if you break the rules for example posting racist or false information you get warned. You and others have posted content I do not like yet do I do nothing about it as I truly do not believe in censorship but I have a legal and moral duty to still uphold.

You also seem to want to troll as much as possible and this would then result in other posters hitting back, just stop and your time here would be more pleasant. If you wish to discuss further with myself and/or @Jupitus start a conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom