SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just finished sorting out my pile of paperwork. Took me 6 hours emailing my miserable accountant and scanning pages of dull documents. Now I feel like I have definitely earned a couple of hours playing Eternium :) although the Mrs will still give me a withering look.

Playing games? At a time like this? At your age? Do something! Move the house a little to the left.

Waa! :cry:

/runs down to the shed to talk to the snails

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Today's baking tip. If you have run out of self raising flour, and need it to make your biscuits, but you only have plain flour, make your own self raising flour.

Just mix 2 teaspoons of baking powder to 6oz (150g) of plain flour. Sieve, and you're good to go :)

20200325_171322~01.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Seems a bit... circuitous.

That's what you get for moving to the sticks, though. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dublin?? WTF?
Yeah - it shouldn't make that much of a difference really tho. I tested my packetloss and that's lolrofflez.

Turns out I'm at least 4k from the exchange. I thought it was up in the village (which is 1.7k away) but apparently it's effing miles away.

Engineer told me that if they actually traced the line from my house to the exchange, rather than did a dumb postcode search, they'd never have sold me the connection. But hey ho. Un-metered internet is fine by me. Can stream in 1080p so not so bad, and as I sail the high seas then overnight downloading will be the order of the day anyway (in 18 months when we've sorted the place).

Apparently it takes 10 days for things to settle down and plusnet reckon speed might increase a bit. We'll see. Either way - I'll be going back to see if I can get a discount.

Interestingly, the engineer also said in a couple of years they're expecting to be rolling out fibre right to the door, even in the sticks out here.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah - it shouldn't make that much of a difference really tho. I tested my packetloss and that's lolrofflez.

Turns out I'm at least 4k from the exchange. I thought it was up in the village (which is 1.7k away) but apparently it's effing miles away.

Engineer told me that if they actually traced the line from my house to the exchange, rather than did a dumb postcode search, they'd never have sold me the connection. But hey ho. Un-metered internet is fine by me. Can stream in 1080p so not so bad, and as I sail the high seas then overnight downloading will be the order of the day anyway (in 18 months when we've sorted the place).

Apparently it takes 10 days for things to settle down and plusnet reckon speed might increase a bit. We'll see. Either way - I'll be going back to see if I can get a discount.

Interestingly, the engineer also said in a couple of years they're expecting to be rolling out fibre right to the door, even in the sticks out here.
Delayed by 4 years cause of corvid-19

Embattle

FH is my second home
Today's baking tip. If you have run out of self raising flour, and need it to make your biscuits, but you only have plain flour, make your own self raising flour.

Just mix 2 teaspoons of baking powder to 6oz (150g) of plain flour. Sieve, and you're good to go :)

View attachment 41271

Isn't flour in kind of short supply in most supermarkets, probably more so than biscuits.

Ouch, at first I thought it was a mobile connection.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Isn't flour in kind of short supply in most supermarkets, probably more so than biscuits.

Ouch, at first I thought it was a mobile connection.

Yes flour is. i ordered some bread flour online and some yeast as thought I would make my own bread and it wasn't available when they got around to actually delivering it.
I have regular white flour so may make flat breads or Focaccia or something instead. I have baking powder so should be fine

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Yes flour is. i ordered some bread flour online and some yeast as thought I would make my own bread and it wasn't available when they got around to actually delivering it.
I have regular white flour so may make flat breads or Focaccia or something instead. I have baking powder so should be fine
It would appear that in Sweden in spite of the news toilet paper is not an issue but yeast apparently is :( I tried to purchase some to freeze for a rainy day but nope not available in any online supermarket at this time and a report in DN.se about how the manufacturer is now having to work over time to meet demand.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Start making a sourdough culture. Water and flour over a few days and you dont need yeast ever again.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It would appear that in Sweden in spite of the news toilet paper is not an issue but yeast apparently is :( I tried to purchase some to freeze for a rainy day but nope not available in any online supermarket at this time and a report in DN.se about how the manufacturer is now having to work over time to meet demand.
Sourdough. Like your norwegian cousins. They do that a lot.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Start making a sourdough culture. Water and flour over a few days and you dont need yeast ever again.
we do not eat bread normally however i thought that a few packs of yeast would be useful in the fridge should the shit hit the fan here in currently fredom Sweden

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Couple of ideas to beat boredom'

The Great Escape. Such a quality film. Seen it dozens of times, but not in the last 10 years. Perfect escape material.

I also recommend a game called Physics Balls. Make sure your ad blocker is on. Very simple and very addictive.

Screenshot_2020-03-26-15-24-16_1.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Couple of ideas to beat boredom'

The Great Escape. Such a quality film. Seen it dozens of times, but not in the last 10 years. Perfect escape material.

I also recommend a game called Physics Balls. Make sure your ad blocker is on. Very simple and very addictive.

View attachment 41281
Escape from colditz or whatever its actually called was a great film too.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So my mage is now lvl 20 and has a 20% chance of calling up friendly skeletons to help fight bad guys in combat :D

Last ambush there were 9 of the little feckers running about killing monsters. Some of them were archers :)

My mage is seriously overpowered anyway but its like hey c'mon guys save some for me. These little skellies are lethal :D

Such a great game Eternium

Lost the cowboy hat BTW and the Blue Peter style tree-bark leg armour.

Eternium2ndS$.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wish. No bacon in the house :eek6: :cry:
I bought a few packs of that nitrite-free bacon. Cost a fortune, considering it's exactly the same without added cancer.

Will let you know what it's like tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom