SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Asking for a friend?

I believe not, but all her teeth would be forced out of her mouth on a giant tide of foam.

georgie

FH is my second home
Out the nose tbh, like that video I saw on the internet that one time with the horse.

Also probably die huffing the aerosol too. That was a different video I saw on the internet...

No horse that time.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I got that from various answers to the question..do plastics occur naturally.

Yes and no. There are many naturally-occurring polymers, which have some of the properties of plastics - e.g. cellulose, tree resin, chitin. Natural rubber is a naturally-occurring “plastic” in this sense, but it is a gloopy liquid. ... The only naturally-occurring “plastic” which is similar, that I can think of, is amber.

I said its a form of plastic.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I got that from various answers to the question..do plastics occur naturally.

Yes and no. There are many naturally-occurring polymers, which have some of the properties of plastics - e.g. cellulose, tree resin, chitin. Natural rubber is a naturally-occurring “plastic” in this sense, but it is a gloopy liquid. ... The only naturally-occurring “plastic” which is similar, that I can think of, is amber.

I said its a form of plastic.

Are you sure you are not mixing up nouns with adjectives?

Definition of plastic | Dictionary.com

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ah Christmas
The season of good will to all men

(Does that include inlaws?)

Job

Cosplayers man.

ttwgiidkg0341.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cosplayers man.

ttwgiidkg0341.jpg

I have to say, if cosplay had been a thing when I was younger I'd definitely have been into it; I've done a couple of Halloween costumes for my son and got properly into the design process.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I have to say, if cosplay had been a thing when I was younger I'd definitely have been into it; I've done a couple of Halloween costumes for my son and got properly into the design process.

giphy.gif

Job

You are free with consequences.

He called someone a pedophile...and paid to get off with it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I love the samsung galaxy advert this xmas.

View: https://youtu.be/ZAbox-KKXDQ

i hatedogs and cats but man i want that cat. Dont want a phone tho lol

Am I the only one that's totally over Christmas adverts? I struggle to see why anyone gives a monkeys that company Z pumped out the same shitty advert it always has but the December one has tinsel in it?

Job

Things are that bad Im starting to fancy Jo Swinson.....those tits.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Am I the only one that's totally over Christmas adverts? I struggle to see why anyone gives a monkeys that company Z pumped out the same shitty advert it always has but the December one has tinsel in it?
Yes the xmas ads are generally pants. Why i said that ad didnt make me want to buy a phone. Far from it. Just the dark side image of the cat was cool

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes the xmas ads are generally pants. Why i said that ad didnt make me want to buy a phone. Far from it. Just the dark side image of the cat was cool

Yet you still did free advertising for Samsung...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why does it clearly say so in the dictionary then?
You're misreading the dictionary :)

Plastic as a word in the english language has multiple meanings. If we look at the adjectives, as per definition in that particular dictionary (for there are many, remember):
adjective
made of plastic.
capable of being molded or of receiving form: clay and other plastic substances.
produced by molding: plastic figures.
having the power of molding or shaping formless or yielding material: the plastic forces of nature.

"Made of plastic" - which is referal to things that are made out of the substance plastic < the thing we're talking about
"Capable of being moulded" - which refers to the usage of the word plastic when talking about a property of a substance - plastic being one of them, clay being the other example - because it's mouldable. But clay is clearly not "plastic" the substance. Merely has plasticity as a property.

Q.E.D :)

So no. Plastic, the substance plastic, is only produced synthetically. It does not occur naturally in nature in any form. It's something we make.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You're misreading the dictionary :)

Plastic as a word in the english language has multiple meanings. If we look at the adjectives, as per definition in that particular dictionary (for there are many, remember):

"Made of plastic" - which is referal to things that are made out of the substance plastic < the thing we're talking about
"Capable of being moulded" - which refers to the usage of the word plastic when talking about a property of a substance - plastic being one of them, clay being the other example - because it's mouldable. But clay is clearly not "plastic" the substance. Merely has plasticity as a property.

Q.E.D :)

So no. Plastic, the substance plastic, is only produced synthetically. It does not occur naturally in nature in any form. It's something we make.

Lazy reading on my part. Thanks for clarifying!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lazy reading on my part. Thanks for clarifying!
You've an interest in semantics - the study of meaning - whereas @Job says "it's just semantics" - which shows he doesn't care what things actually mean.

Which explains a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom