SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think it was the software. It was constantly reporting that the noise was too high due to a problem with the artificial horizon, which caused the plane to constantly push the noise lower and lower. Apparently the pilots couldn't over ride this out fight it.

Redirect Notice

I think blaming the software entirely is a bit simplistic, for whatever reason MCAS - the system Boeing fitted to get round the engine location issue - was making decisions based on a single Angle of Attack sensor, and if that started throwing up dodgy info, there was no way of telling the info it was recieving was bollocks, so it acted on the duff info it had. It looks as if they hit a bird shortly after take off which took out the sensor and well, we know the rest.

Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max crashed at full throttle after debris knocked out key sensor, officials say | The Japan Times

As an aside my car has currently turned itself into a 125i Max 8 - I've got a dodgy wheel speed sensor at the back, so the Traction Control keeps thinking the wheels are spinning up, so kills the power and tries its best to knock me into a hedge. This issue is a bit easier to fix mind, just turn the DSC off.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The software us faulty..murderously faulty.
It should be able to recognise a faulty sensor and had control back to the pilots, not fkght them and then fly the plane into the ground.

Corporate manslaughter, the planes will never fly again and every single fly by wire plane in use will have to be checked for similar problems.

Job

Well they will call it manslaughter.

Id call it murderous because they didnt ask for every plane to be grounded after the first crash.

Job

Anyway.
For freddie fatties.
Ive been doing this diet for a few years and though I thought of it myself,it isnt a new idea obviously.
Implementing it is kinda unusual and sometimes controversial
But god it works.
Firstly because you consume far less calories and secondly you still get to dine out.munch choccy bars and bag of crisps.

Its simple..eat half.
In practice that means, throwing half the bag of crisps in the bin, breaking the bar in half and lashing it.

Get a mcdonalds ; and either share one half or throw half in the bin.
Eating out, either cut the entire meal in half and put it on a seperate plate, ask the waiter to take it or share it amongst your friends.

Ive gone down from 16 to 12 and half stone on this diet, never feel diet hungry and eat when I like.

Give it a go and dont feel guilty, its sither going on the bin or as fat on your ass

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well they will call it manslaughter.

Id call it murderous because they didnt ask for every plane to be grounded after the first crash.
WTF? Murder is intent to kill. The software is not capable of that. The software engineers did not code the software to crash on purpose.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its simple..eat half.
Seriously. Well done for losing the weight.

However, the food waste is pretty awful but first world problems I guess (we don't throw anything away bar the odd off bit of salad). But you really need to be looking at more than just weight, but the nutritional value of your food - as poor nutrition kills more than smoking.

Keep weight off tho. Everything's easier when you weigh less :)

Job

Yes they will.
No they won't.
Theres no chance that people will fly on it, the internet has produced mob protestation.
The first airline to reintroduce it will find their first passenger flight as a spectacle..youll get a free flight for the more astute fliers, but most people will simply not trust the plane.

Its a dead duck in its present form.
They might be able to reinvent it with a different name, but software glitches are far more insideous than random hardware failures.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Theres no chance that people will fly on it, the internet has produced mob protestation.
The first airline to reintroduce it will find their first passenger flight as a spectacle..youll get a free flight for the more astute fliers, but most people will simply not trust the plane.

They might be able to reinvent it with a different name, but software glitches are far more insideous than random hardware failures.
You have a point here, I will not fly on a 737 MAX for a very long time after it comes back into service. What I don't understand is how they managed to take an old aircraft, made subtle changes which fundamentally alter it, and then get to certify it as a not new design and they did a lot of the certification themselves.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
99% of people have no idea what type of plane they're flying on until they're on it, and rarely even then as no-one listens to the cabin announcements.

Embattle

FH is my second home

After a little while the majority will go to not caring which metal tube they are in as long as it is going somewhere nice/required.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You have to realise that to muslims teaching 5 yr olds about transgender and gay sex is the equivalent of someone teaching our kids about the joys of pedophillia.

Its a huge cultural leap in normality and one that is not even widely accepted in this countr, its pushed by special interest groups, then adopted by government as the law.
No consultation with the public..no debate..just..this is how it is.

How would you feel if pedophiles got together as a powerful focus group and got the age of consent reduced to 12, and you were told if you dont go along with it you are a pedophobe.

Thats how muslims feel about this.
But..no debate allowed, well they dont need it , they just threaten consequence to get their way
Holy fuck did you just compare gay rights to the rights of convicted criminal pedophiles?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

*sigh*

It wasn't a software glitch you dribbling retard, MCAS operated exactly as it should given the readings it was getting from the pigeons arse that used to be the planes AoA sensor. It wasn't a glitch, it was a single point of failure. Don't get me wrong Boeing have dropped a bollock here, but let's at least identify the right bollock eh?

More concerning is how it got approved with such a design flaw, and a lot more people are looking at the cosy relationship between Boeing and the FAA than any software bug. The MAX range will fly again, and no doubt some heads will roll. Let's just keep a little perspective.

Job

I didnt say it was a software glitch..it was fundamentally coded incorrectly, to the point the pilots couldnt work out how to stop it from taking the plane into the terrain.
I would expect that to pop up very early in simulator testing before the plane was even built.
At what point did the stall software decide to overide everything and fly into the ground....and who the living fuck oversaw the code to the point that that was even a possible outcome.

Just epic incompetence.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Holy fuck did you just compare gay rights to the rights of convicted criminal pedophiles?
Wouldn't have been surprised in the 80's. Remember, we chemically castrated the gay man who cracked the enigma code for us, before he committed suicide because of his persecution.

What @Job fails to get is yes, tough titties muslims, you get taught stuff that's different. Some of you won't move with the times (Job, who doesn't love the gays), but most of you will.

The ones who don't move will just be muslim versions of Job. i.e. vastly outnumbered and largely ineffectual. :)

Job

Here we go again.

When have I ever said I didnt lke gay people...ever..not once..find the post.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
92tno8eiicr21.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I didnt say it was a software glitch..it was fundamentally coded incorrectly, to the point the pilots couldnt work out how to stop it from taking the plane into the terrain.
I would expect that to pop up very early in simulator testing before the plane was even built.
At what point did the stall software decide to overide everything and fly into the ground....and who the living fuck oversaw the code to the point that that was even a possible outcome.

Just epic incompetence.

You literally used the words software glitch in Bodhis quoted text...

The software did exactly what it was supposed to, not requiring pilots to be trained to use the system is on 100% on Boeing though, spending millions to avoid training now costing them billiobs

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
99% of people have no idea what type of plane they're flying on until they're on it, and rarely even then as no-one listens to the cabin announcements.
Um you sure? I always check when I book my flights, and generally ask before I board. Just a habit I have as I am intrigued about stuff like that.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Um you sure? I always check when I book my flights, and generally ask before I board. Just a habit I have as I am intrigued about stuff like that.

That's not uncommon. I do it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom