SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They werent tyrying to dig into a story..they were arranging an agenda.

Job

It is a myth..it would seem the internet has turned the world back a few notches.
Flat earthers..anti vaxxers..gluten freaks..EU kept the peace...etc etc

Job

Not a good look for Simons new movie role.
Though I suspect he thinks he looks ripped and tattoo gnarly.
$

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yeah you can. One thing is totally separate from the other.

Would you not listen to Wagner because he was a white supremacist Nazi?

If we go down that idiot leftist-route of deligitimising everyone's entire lives because they <insert bad thing here> then the list of stuff we have to pretend never happened would grow to enormous proportions.

I got into an argument over Wagner with a jewish lad once. Said I was "disgusting" because I liked some of Wagner's stuff. I countered with the fact that if Stephen Fry can square the circle with jewish ancestry and a love of the ring cycle (which we all do) then I certainly can.

An adult acceptance that bad humans can do great things is what's required here. This marxist-style "if you do a bad thing we'll delete you from history" cultural pressure is dangerous IMO.

Nope, disagree. Start Something used to be one of my favourite CDs, but as soon as it came out what the lead singer had been up to, I couldn't listen to it again.

But then, I'd argue being a white supremacist in the 19th Century was nowhere near as bad as raping a baby in a Travelodge in 00s Wales.

Maybe that's just me tho.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was down to the band to move on without Watkins, and that would have been their legacy. Similarly to Joy Division and New Order.

It's hardly a new thing to erase someone from history due to past actions; Damnatio memoriae - Wikipedia Although, I suppose that's more due to a decision at the time.

I guess that's what it is though, people at the present shape the history, if someone is considered famous now for significant things, they will be remembered in 200-300 years time because we approved of them, even if meat eaters then are seen as todays racists.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It is bollocks. US Chicken is fine.

US food production as a whole is catastrophically bad, and we have the great test lab of NAFTA and Mexico to prove it.
How NAFTA Destroyed the Mexican Diet

And if you think this is a one-off, look at pretty much any Pacific Island that relies heavily on US food imports. Its horrific.

If the great "benefit" of Brexit is cheap American food for already-obese Britain, well, good luck with that type-2 diabetes fellas.

Bodhi

US food production as a whole is catastrophically bad, and we have the great test lab of NAFTA and Mexico to prove it.
How NAFTA Destroyed the Mexican Diet

And if you think this is a one-off, look at pretty much any Pacific Island that relies heavily on US food imports. Its horrific.

If the great "benefit" of Brexit is cheap American food for already-obese Britain, well, good luck with that type-2 diabetes fellas.

So, going by your article, if we enter a trade agreement with the US we are going to end up buying lots of Coke, Pepsi and Doritos?

As if that is your concern, I may have some news for you.....

Bodhi

It was down to the band to move on without Watkins, and that would have been their legacy. Similarly to Joy Division and New Order.

It's hardly a new thing to erase someone from history due to past actions; Damnatio memoriae - Wikipedia Although, I suppose that's more due to a decision at the time.

I guess that's what it is though, people at the present shape the history, if someone is considered famous now for significant things, they will be remembered in 200-300 years time because we approved of them, even if meat eaters then are seen as todays racists.

I actually felt really sorry for the rest of the band when the news came out. Most of the time they would have been able to do as you said - find another lead singer and move on. But what Watkins did was that toxic, I can totally understand why that didn't happen.

From the sounds of things Jacko wasn't quite a Watkins, but not fucking far off.

Gwadien

It is bollocks. US Chicken is fine.

I'm fairly sure whenever you go to America you don't eat at the lowest of the lowest places.

I'm fairly sure people that can afford to buy decent food now will only have to pay slightly more but poorer people will be shafted, but no-one will care :D

Job

Its more of a concern to me that we would buy food from america..how the fuck does it get here?

Job

Is it by boat?
Chicken carcasses?
Or by plane...omg what about the climate.

Gwadien

Is it by boat?
Chicken carcasses?
Or by plane...omg what about the climate.

Lots of things travel by boat.

Mainly because we don't grow enough food to sustain ourselves.

48% of our food is imported, post-Brexit it'll be a frenzied race to the bottom to get a new supplier so we can try to match pre-Brexit prices which will mean a decline in quality.

Bodhi

Have you tried ordering haggis, black pudding, Irn Bru or a Kinder Surprise in the US? As you won't get very far, as all are banned by the FDA.

Bodhi

I'm fairly sure whenever you go to America you don't eat at the lowest of the lowest places.

I'm fairly sure people that can afford to buy decent food now will only have to pay slightly more but poorer people will be shafted, but no-one will care :D

Are you not aware of my McDonald's habit? :D

Seriously tho, in all my trips to the US, ignoring BAs attempts to poison us all on the way back, I can only think of one case of food poisoning, and that was from Rocket.

Becuae ironically enough, the US don't wash salad in chlorine like what we do :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Have you tried ordering haggis, black pudding, Irn Bru or a Kinder Surprise in the US? As you won't get very far, as all are banned by the FDA.
Haggis and Black Pudding are banned in the US because they ban offal.

It's a bit weird, you can pump your cattle with hormones, that get ingested by humans and potentially give them cancer, but if you've got an organic sheep's stomach stuffed with wheat and barley then you can fuck off.

Haggis and black pudding *should* be banned, they're horrible.
Haggis is fucking awesome :eek:

Where's @Big G when you need him?! Oi! Stop shagging the new wife and waste your life on here instead!

Job

Well lets not get into who is or isnt washing their food in bleach.

Tbh Im far more concerned about our food being slowly turned halal and kosher...more religious bullshit creeping into secular UK.

Gwadien

Well lets not get into who is or isnt washing their food in bleach.

Tbh Im far more concerned about our food being slowly turned halal and kosher...more religious bullshit creeping into secular UK.

Don't buy it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the exemptions to animal cruelty laws thst are unacceptable.

Gwadien

Humane Slaughter & Stunned Meat | RSPCA

Instead of hating Halal and asking for an out right ban on it (which as usual will make Muslims go on the defensive and will resist it) why not explain to people that it can be stunned, and they should be pressuring their own communities to make sure that it's stunned.

And a general education on the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom