SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Raven - this thread is for random spam.

Cal's picture wasn't passive-agressive. It was cool.

One freddy to another: chill man. It's all good.

:)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Does legless actors exist? There's probably one of two, but did any of them show up to the casting?

Apparently quite a few, and they get lots of work playing wounded soldiers, accident victims and...zombies.

But that doesn't mean they are good actors; it doesn't mean they can open a multimillion dollar movie or actually act, and even if they could it still doesn't matter because the whole argument boils down to "some people don't seem to understand what the word acting actually means".

There's another stupid prick moaning on the Guardian that Benedict Cumberbatch shouldn't play a gypsy in some movie because he's a. Posh, b. Not a gypsy. He's also not a genius detective sorcerer who's really good at maths you fucking moron.

(Rant over. It's 1am and I'm bored out of my mind in the airport)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The robots in Silent Running where legless Nam vets, probably becuase there wasn't good enough special effects back then.

Ha gonna watch it again now.
images

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
'At least' four dead in M5 lorry crash

Bet it's a eastern european bloke who's been at the wheel for 24 hours or something ridiculous.

There was a programme about this the other day how UK lorries are heavily checked but foreign ones aren't, I don't understand why we can't apply the law to everyone.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Our drivers (The UK - and I believe Ireland?) have tachometers built into the trucks, which is what we use to monitor a drivers time at the wheel. When they are off the tach and on a break they aren't even allowed to move the truck, nobody can. They are restricted to X amount of hours (Can't recall exactly how many) per day.

In an ideal world the EU would catch up with our safety standards but they struggle to follow the ones in place now...so there is little hope.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Our drivers (The UK - and I believe Ireland?) have tachometers built into the trucks, which is what we use to monitor a drivers time at the wheel. When they are off the tach and on a break they aren't even allowed to move the truck, nobody can. They are restricted to X amount of hours (Can't recall exactly how many) per day.

In an ideal world the EU would catch up with our safety standards but they struggle to follow the ones in place now...so there is little hope.

I bet most countries have it, but there's leniency on how it's regulated.

As I say, there's no reason you can't implement it to everyone in the country.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The burger is wagyu beef with fois gras btw. I didn't eat the fois gras, I don't like it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A tachometer:

2-How%20to%20Check%20RPM-Tachometer%20showing%201500%20RPMs.jpg

Sorry to burst your little anti-EU bubble but tachographs have been mandatory among its members for over 30 years. The UK actually uses the EU's rules so I'm not sure where they need to "catch up". There are exemptions which are then covered by specific UK rules but they don't apply to 99.9% of HGVs.

Tachographs are also abused and tampered-with across the continent (including in the UK). It's harder with the newer digital ones but there were any number of ways of interfering with the older analogue models (I knew a livestock haulier when I was young and he knew of ways to cheat the system including doing something with magnets to stop it from detecting gear changes and "forgetting" to replace the paper charts). All the stories we see of foreign lorry drivers crashing in the UK, they're all either under the influence of alcohol/drugs, asleep at the wheel, driving without proper accreditation, just shit drivers or have tampered with their tachograph in some way.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What. I certainly didn't post anything that'd been posted before.. You must have been imagine-quoting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Judaism is a horrid little inherently racist and bigoted religion isn't it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Unfair to single it out though, it certainly not the only religion that blocks marriage to non-whicheverskyfairywhackjobs

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Context, dear boy, context.

Not unfairly singling it out. It came up in conversation so I replied.

DaGaffer

Unfair to single it out though, it certainly not the only religion that blocks marriage to non-whicheverskyfairywhackjobs

Actually, it is. This is basically saying you can't get married because you're not a "proper" Jew. Most other religions would allow you to (or demand you) convert. The only remotely similar situation I can think of to this would be trying to marry into a different caste in Hinduism.

For all their faults, Christianity and Islam don't give a shit about your ethnicity.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jews are secular, it's only the nutters that give a fuckt, most young Israelis couldn't give a shit about religion.

DaGaffer

Jews are secular, it's only the nutters that give a fuckt, most young Israelis couldn't give a shit about religion.

Except if you read that article, the religious zealots have been given genuine power, that is both theocratic and ethnic. Maybe they should give all the "genuine Jews" a little badge or something...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Lol to believe you're years ahead of the EU in terms of road safety rules is laughable, @Raven. GG on the tachometer btw. Pretty sure all cars have one of those

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There is nothing worse than a Doctor's Receptionist who insists you tell her what is wrong with you in a room full of other patients.

I know most of us have experienced this, and I love the way this guy handled it.

A 65-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room and approached the desk.

The Receptionist said, 'Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?'

'There's something wrong with my dick', he replied.

The receptionist became irritated and said, 'You shouldn't come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that. '

'Why not, you asked me what was wrong and I told you,' he said.

The Receptionist replied; 'Now you've caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something and discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private.'

The man replied, 'You shouldn't ask people questions in a roomful of strangers, if the answer could embarrass anyone. The man walked out, waited several minutes, and then re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, 'Yes??'

'There's something wrong with my ear,' he stated.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice.. 'And what is wrong with your ear, Sir?'

'I can't piss out of it,' he replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom