SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So just to clarify @Moriath you went to trading standards to complain to a chinese takeaway because they are charging you 60p on transactions?

Why did you not ask why they charge you before you grass on them and have trading standards visit them? Seems a bit silly to be honest.
Cause this was point out by @Tom the current rate charged by cc is 0.3% and 0.2% for debit cards.

It is against current law to make a profit on a transaction fee. So unless 0.3% of 20 quid = 60pence a time then they are scamming people.

Its a standard that has been set in law and which obviously cause of the reply i got something they thing might be iffy.

Every time i have visited they say 60 p for cards ok.

And now i know its not a justification.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
loooool

@Gwadien, I summon thee, you're our only hope.
@Gwadien isnt picking on your racist overtones.

Its the chinky food not the people i referenced anyway. And we call americans yankees. So its ok if your white to have a racial term to describe you by. But not any other creed.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Cause this was point out by @Tom the current rate charged by cc is 0.3% and 0.2% for debit cards.

It is against current law to make a profit on a transaction fee. So unless 0.3% of 20 quid = 60pence a time then they are scamming people.

Its a standard that has been set in law and which obviously cause of the reply i got something they thing might be iffy.

FYI the interchange fee is only part of the charge from the credit card provider. There will be their percentage fee on top which could well push it to 1%. Also Amex are still charging in excess of 2% for their fees.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
FYI the interchange fee is only part of the charge from the credit card provider. There will be their percentage fee on top which could well push it to 1%. Also Amex are still charging in excess of 2% for their fees.
1% of 20 quid isnt 60p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

It varies from place to place.

Also, some card machines have a per use charge and a monthly charge too, how are they meant to work that out?

Still, I think you should have challenged them directly before grassing on them. If they refused to justify theirselves then sure.

Also.

60p.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It varies from place to place.

Also, some card machines have a per use charge and a monthly charge too, how are they meant to work that out?

Still, I think you should have challenged them directly before grassing on them. If they refused to justify theirselves then sure.

Also.

60p.

So, they have a fixed cost then. Usually with a fixed cost it gets absorbed into the sales price, not lumped on top. If the cost of every card transaction is X% of the sales value then they ought to account for that in the price of their goods, the monthly charge would be covered by general costs, again, accounted for in the sales price.

Not that it would actually save any customers money but it is the correct/fairest way to do it.

You don't expect to pay a card charge at Tesco or Amazon or whatever, I don't see why take-aways do it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So, they have a fixed cost then. Usually with a fixed cost it gets absorbed into the sales price, not lumped on top. If the cost of every card transaction is X% of the sales value then they ought to account for that in the price of their goods, the monthly charge would be covered by general costs, again, accounted for in the sales price.

Not that it would actually save any customers money but it is the correct/fairest way to do it.

You don't expect to pay a card charge at Tesco or Amazon or whatever, I don't see why take-aways do it.

Lots of places do it really.

Also.

60p.

That's like 60p a month, and if you're eating a takeaway a week or more then surely money isn't an issue for you so who gives a fuck?

I mean there's businesses out there doing some serious wrong, yet Moriath has trading standards chasing down a couple of pennies?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lots of places do it really.

Also.

60p.

That's like 60p a month, and if you're eating a takeaway a week or more then surely money isn't an issue for you so who gives a fuck?

I mean there's businesses out there doing some serious wrong, yet Moriath has trading standards chasing down a couple of pennies?
60p per transaction. So they do 100 transactions a day maybe. Thats 60 quid a day. 180 quid a month.

Its not just to me its the whole picture.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Think you're missing a 0 there...

And they don't keep all of that 60p per transaction. They will have genuine processing costs to deduct from that. I don't think you've thought this through.

I said earlier that they're not allowed to charge more than it costs them to process the transaction but what it costs them is open to interpretation it seems. There are lots of little costs that can contribute.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jesus, how open was that cage..I mean really, these dickheads think everythings just fine, until someone get's bitten, and then it's ..oops.
That shark could have easily taken her foot clean off, they have frickin razor blades for teeth ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom