This.. OMG Warlocks are nerfed, unplayable now !

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks being the way they are now, are the least of Midgard's current problems. Whine all you like, but in the end they aren't even a blimp on the overall effectiveness radar in RVR, where as stuff like the monster rez and bainshees totally changed the face of RVR.

Warlocks are an inconvenience, and nothing more.

Whatever effect Mythic wanted to archieve with this class failed - while they might not be underpowered as some people say, they're definetily underplayed and in the realm that is rapidly becoming the least-played as well.

Tbh, I expect we're going to get a Warlock V2.0 in the next expansion, Mythic next bid to stop Midgard from haemorraging players. Perhaps some more thought will be put into the next attempt.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
atos said:
And decent caster can fuck several tanks over. There should be no need to have BLs to be able to interupt a caster. What the game has turned into is shit. In the old days you didn't need banelords.

I still think they are overrated. If banelord is overpowered as peopel say, including Mythic. Then what are casters compared to that? You need to hit them with banelord before you even remotely have a chance.

And why should meleers resort to something which shouldnt even be needed?

lt +moc combo is retarded. 30sec on moc is retarded. Castspeed overall is retarded. Interupt code is fucked. All these are caster stuff but utter shit for melee char types.

Remove the hardcap on swingspeed and I recon alot of people would realise the issue. Cause theres no chance in hell runthrough or strafe would be effective. In melee anymore.

theres not much i like about WoW anymore, butt he caster skill usage (as in longer cast time the higher rank) and the interrupt system they have really is kickass.

implement that in DAoC and most of the problems would be pretty minor.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Same, castspeed wotn affect walrock the same way as other casters. So its partly effective only.

I like the fact personally that casters need to stay uninterupted to be able to do damage. Which means they need to run around.

But with that amount of damage the interupt needs to last longer. Such powerful attacks should be easier to interupt.

Oh Tesla. I heard all threee realsma re getting the same class next expansion.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
I still think they are overrated. If banelord is overpowered as peopel say, including Mythic. Then what are casters compared to that? You need to hit them with banelord before you even remotely have a chance.

And casters actually have to nuke you tanks before they even remotely have a chance :m00:

What kind of logic is this.... whining about needing a certain tool vs. casters? Why do you think BLs were invented in the first place?

pip

Banned
Out of all the classes warlock still get shit it is stupid? warlock= boring no diffrent to ns pop get solo kill die,When i get my warlock rr11 will stop play runi in 8v8 then you see my death spams:) It will be awesome

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:
2400 dmg in less than 3 seconds is what I face every time I meet a cabalist or wizard on my skald with capped resists, why shouldn't warlocks be allowed to do this? Spiritmasters can also do this, and is an even more sickening class (like the cabalist). All lifetap should be nerfed, yes I'm talking to you sorcerers aswell. In addition to this damage cabalists also have a pet that can kill my berserker on its own. What are tanks supposed to do against classes like these?

I know, I can easily kill the wizard if I get in melee range so their extreme damage is justified. Talking high RR tank vs high RR caster here. But the cabalist camping inside his speedwarp and powertrap with his ML9 pet and crystal titan I can't kill even when I bring 2 high rr tanks with me and even a rr10+ BD. A warlock is required to be able to touch him, if he uses his tools right, nearsight from high range etc.
A wizard might get near those 2400 damage if he gets both bolts of with crits, tho I doubt a caster with a 209 DD would do much over 1500-1800 damage in three seconds, excluding crits. I'm not saying that's not a high amount of damage, but it's not nearly as much as the damage Puppet's stating, tho I can't tell whether that's with crits or not.
I don't see the issue with moc and lifetap on a sorc/sm tho, as I think any self respecting/proper caster should be able to do without. I rarely ever used lifetap on my sorc (until I respecced to 39b/37m), simply because the regular dd did more damage and you won't usually need lifetap when grouped with proper clerics. And moc is just a joke to me, as anyone should be able to get out of interrupt range unless fighting in a zerg or against good enemies.

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Out of all the classes warlock still get shit it is stupid? warlock= boring no diffrent to ns pop get solo kill die,When i get my warlock rr11 will stop play runi in 8v8 then you see my death spams:) It will be awesome

ns can't insta kill every class like a warlock can though :p

pip

Banned
luribeauty said:
ns can't insta kill every class like a warlock can though :p
No mate play warlock we can't kill all? heavy tanks out there I could mention I won't tho but they own us:( Thats coming from a rr10 warlock

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
A wizard might get near those 2400 damage if he gets both bolts of with crits, tho I doubt a caster with a 209 DD would do much over 1500-1800 damage in three seconds, excluding crits. I'm not saying that's not a high amount of damage, but it's not nearly as much as the damage Puppet's stating, tho I can't tell whether that's with crits or not.

You forgot to mention those numbers puppet pulled out of thin air probably contained alot of crits as well.

Anyways... Warlocks is one of the worst designs ever. A frontloading utility caster? Stupid really. :(

pip

Banned
Azathrim said:
You forgot to mention those numbers puppet pulled out of thin air probably contained alot of crits as well.

Anyways... Warlocks is one of the worst designs ever. A frontloading utility caster? Stupid really. :(
Front load mate burns up in matter of secounds then we dead:( this is why we are shit in fg

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
And casters actually have to nuke you tanks before they even remotely have a chance :m00:

What kind of logic is this.... whining about needing a certain tool vs. casters? Why do you think BLs were invented in the first place?

Tell me that and I'll give you a cookie. I honestly belive they wasnt even considered to be used the way they are used now. Also I don't think Mythic realised how unbalanced ToA would make caster.

350-360dex ought to be enough for anyone without 10% spellhaste.

pip

Banned
I have had folk pip shall i play warlock you no what i have said

No don't bother there shit you no why, front load is gone in like 30 secs then your rp foder,the class is /wank now try em if you not belive me

ps if anyone hits rr11 on warlock its down to the time they play em + luck:)

pip

Banned
atos said:
Tell me that and I'll give you a cookie. I honestly belive they wasnt even considered to be used the way they are used now. Also I don't think Mythic realised how unbalanced ToA would make caster.

350-360dex ought to be enough for anyone without 10% spellhaste.
so true it as become a game for casters but I have said this for like the past 6 mounths

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:

Aye, mentioned it. Even containing crits it's far higher than a regular caster's damage output tho.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
As a result and the latest nerfs making the warlocks unplayable:

As youve already heared in this post, most casters have the same frontload damage as the warlock after the patch and they can keep it up for a longer time.

As Vodkafairy said...Instant damage has to be nerfed to this (lower damage than other spells and slower reuse timer) because otherwise it gets rediculous (as warlocks were). Problem is when you nerf them its easy to make them obsolete because the castable spells become better, due to the time they can be utilized.

Warlocks are where they belong, in the crapbag, problem is Mid need a replacement class, that is good at aeinterrupting, but without beeing able to instakill everything that enters its sights.

As a side note: I do think mid would to alot better in siege/zerg fights if they just had alot more playing Shamans. Its probably the best class in Mid atm for freezing up a zerg. Problem is that they tend to die to fast and are just no fun playing 99% of the time.

/Charmangle

swords

Can't get enough of FH
You know, Midgard gets the Healer class...i hear they have some pretty good AOE spells which interupt...

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Yes...but...

swords said:
You know, Midgard gets the Healer class...i hear they have some pretty good AOE spells which interupt...

Yes but the few there are needs to heal our poor monsterress dotted butts!:)

/Charmangle

ps. On a more serious note Healer is probably the second strongest class in Mid, but Shaman is extremly strong when you get them to work in serg situation. (Switching between, aedisease, aerips, aedot and aeroot can be extremly annoying for the enemy!:) . ds.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
@ charmangle: Are you aware of the fact that most casters can be interrupted?
Even if standard casters can deal quite a lot of damage when left uninterrupted, nearly all of them are fucked when they lose the initiative...
So ye, warlock damage might not be that good anymore, and ye, other casters can come pretty close to the burstdamage of a warlock...
Still it's not a valid point coz they have weaknesses an enemy can exploit, a warlock has no such thing.
It might also be true that u will now need a real template to instakill a fulltank or at least some sort of timining skills for the finnishing burst to avoid IP but its far from beeing unusable...
And tell me, why would midgard need a replacement for the warlock ? Don't get me wrong, I played midgard a lot, still I can't see why the realm with Healers, Shamans and Bonedancers would need more interruptpower or a new insanly overpowered replacement class to fill the gaps with some new I Win button.

@ Topic

Warlocks between all their utility are 2 things, spellweaving and instadamage. Mythic focused on the wrong part, and the wrong customers and thats why the class is so intensly fucked up right now. Reduce instadamage and boost spellweaving, create a class that can combine their spells depending on the current situation. Rupt and heal at the same time, for either reduced effectiveness or increased castime (and iam not talking about that fixed 4 sec bullshit of mythic) and u get a fun class to play that requires skill to unlock its catacombs potential.
But I guess the game is not really developing in that way, and we'll just see some more button mashing stuff, maybe /use3 ? who knows...

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i remeber when i was playing reaver was heading to berk and pip pops from the side of the bribge 3 sec after-dead reaver :(

pip

Banned
Xrystofer said:
i remeber when i was playing reaver was heading to berk and pip pops from the side of the bribge 3 sec after-dead reaver :(
like to show ya my love:fluffle:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, what ?

Celestino said:
And tell me, why would midgard need a replacement for the warlock ? Don't get me wrong, I played midgard a lot, still I can't see why the realm with Healers, Shamans and Bonedancers would need more interruptpower or a new insanly overpowered replacement class to fill the gaps with some new I Win button.

Eh...I have no idea what you are going on about here?
I said that warlocks are where they should be more or less removed from the game. Instant high damage spells has nothing to do in RvR! Did you want them to have instantkill spells ?

Healers, Shamans and Bonedancers cant compete with MonsterRess or Alb Range in keep siege. Mids needs something to make them able to handle this.

In fg vs fg Mids needs nothing...there they are if not strongest, equal to all.

/Charmangle

pip

Banned
Xrystofer said:
Best reaver to me by far:worthy:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:

I remember seeing this vid where a reaver pops to the side of the hib zerg and 3 sec after - dead hib zerg :(

Nate

FH is my second home
is fighting a ml9 pet + life tapping or stunning+debuffing harder then fighting a ml10 banelord warlock ? remember phase shift soj stealthers? does that waist chambers?

pip

Banned
Nate said:
is fighting a ml9 pet + life tapping or stunning+debuffing harder then fighting a ml10 banelord warlock ? remember phase shift soj stealthers? does that waist chambers?
Bring it on you last like 20 secs:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom