This is what life will be like for a zerker in 1.62

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
Dunno if anyone already mentioned it, cba reading through a thread started by a clueless zerker anyway.

STYLE damage was reduced by 42%, not DAMAGE.

Theres a *huge* difference you know. :rolleyes:

Edit: Which, for the trolls out there, translates to about a 20% reduction in damage, give or take a few percent. On the mainhand, the offhand still hits as hard as before, which just makes the damage reduction even less than 20% :rolleyes:

Stop whining and learn how the game works instead :sleeping:

Amen.

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by sharma
Cry More

Go roll a new FoTM class :|

rofl, off topic but, arent you the Sharma, who deleted all your alb/pryd stuff, came to mid/pryd and rolled a zerker, got it to lvl 48 or so, patchnotes for 1.62 came out, and you deleted and went back to alb? rofl.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

He made a valkyn zerker :p

So clearly not fotm :D

O

old.Emma

Zerker is a Zerker regardless of race used afaik.

ohh and guess what class he rolled when he returned to alb..

go on take a guess, bet you cant guess it.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Melachi[Mid]
rofl, off topic but, arent you the Sharma, who deleted all your alb/pryd stuff, came to mid/pryd and rolled a zerker, got it to lvl 48 or so, patchnotes for 1.62 came out, and you deleted and went back to alb? rofl.

pretty much, i got bored playing a FOTM class :)

Just to add emma, i got bored of the inf, easy classes end up being zzz, thus why i deleted my friar too.

Also to add, smart ass, the reason i went back to alb is because an irl mate was torturing me to go back, yes you may think its a petit excuse but think what you will, i couldnt care less :)

1 last fact, i rolled the zerker just after the nerf was announced, yet i still was arsed to level it, hmmmmm

G

GReaper

Originally posted by old.m0000
yeah like when clerics were 'balanced' and archers were 'balanced'

Albion now has Clerics who can actually heal in RvR instead of pretending to be a wizard in chain. Archers got badly hit and ignored for a while and have now got some recent improvements.

But seriously, why so much whining about the reductions to LA to bring it in line with DW/CD?

Take a look at Emma's screenshot, you seriously think that hitting someone for 376 damage with your main hand with an anytime style is balanced? Also the first swings give a total of 803 damage. Balanced? - Hardly.

Do you seriously think this thread is going to change anything? Of course not.

V

vukstinaitor

1258dreami.jpg

Zerkers are very balanced Emma!

I

iziz

Originally posted by old.Emma
Basicly ive taken off 42% damage from the mainhand styled hits which is what doublefrost has been reduced by.

Out of interest, where does this magical figure of 42% come from? Last time I read patch notes, style bonus was reduced by 35%, which would give an overall reduction of less than 35% as the base damage wasn't reduced. Not to mention the damage increase due to the removal of the stat caps on buffs. But then, I can't say I read up much on it after all the posts about the LA nerf turned to plain flame / whine (ie about 2 mins).

tbh though, if anyone else had made this post I would have given it some credibility, but I remember the 'I PWN j00 ALL!!!1' style post you (emma) made on vnboards a number of months back, about how you, with the aid of your little buffbot, were owning left, right and centre. I'd never read a daoc related forum post that made me laugh so much, until now. It's funny how the little things come back and haunt you. :) Have a nice day. :)

M

mestoph

Information related to logs, if you edit it. The Mythic team will just discard it, unless you are a well supported tester and because of experience they trust you not to edit anything relevant. When you read through logs, you are looking for all the spam/crap, to double check consistency and legitimacy of the log. This can be done using the spam/crap for the simple reason the coder knows in which order functions are performed, i.e when tells/says/emotes will be receive during combat.

Oh and a round of applause for Vukstinaitor for not whining and just stating a fact, even though hes playing the class that’s been “balanced”.

K

Kindar

Zergers do hit hard, yes....but they are quite vulnerable too when in frenzy mode. I have seen plenty of time in rvr where frenzied zerger where insta targetted to have the guy killed. I just think the damage reduction is a little too high...

The reduction will quite mess up sbs damage on their crit styles too if they are specced in LA, right? So they would do lesser damage on PA than the other rogue classes? Seems unfair in some way...

Patch seems ok so far...but im afraid its gonna kill LA quite much. Mid have many zerks and sbs....so it smells of many dragon hunts :-P

D

Danya

Zerkers don't gain any vulnerability to casters while vendo, and casters are what they use it to kill, I think that's a poor balance.

M

mestoph

Originally posted by Danyan
Zerkers don't gain any vulnerability to casters while vendo, and casters are what they use it to kill, I think that's a poor balance.

To True, 10 DD's to kill a Zerker is just silly.

Y

-yoda-

most the logs u see also being sent in by zerkers , can anybody remember seeing a log of a zerker dmge post 1.62 in freny mode? all the screenies i keep seeing are from non frenzy ,

ps /respect to that zerker further up who posted a screenie of the reall reason la gets put back in line with other classes , not seen many zerkers admit it that they do to much dmge either: )

@emma . also dont flame somebody for rolling fotm chars when looking at your sig u have 2-3 fotm's on alb anyways :) and countless ones on ya main server :p

T

tOkfRanZ

hmmz

spell "midgard is the meleerealm" anyone?
zerkers should outdamage a merc/bm anyday.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Re: hmmz

Originally posted by tOkfRanZ

Then kindly remove sm pbaoe :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

we are neither magic or melee realm, we are a lovely combo.

L

Litmus

Originally posted by sharma
Cry More

Go roll a new FoTM class :|

Didnt you delete your Friar to move to mid and roll a zerker?. :D

P

Petronella

agree, perhaps not in those unreal proportions though

EDIT: oops missed one page, was a reply to tokfranz

O

old.Normengast

Sent this to the Zerker TL, my basic reply from it is yes. That is what zerker damage is like in 1.62 ;p enjoy

This is a screen shot taken not long after my Zerker dinged 50, this is in patch 1.60 pre-nurf damage,

im buffed with 325 str, 139 qui, 50+13 hammer, 50+13 leftaxe, mp spiked hammer, mp hand axe.

www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/poor-dr00d.jpg

And this is what i worked out that damage to be post-nurf. patch 1.62.

Basicly ive taken off 42% damage from the mainhand styled hits which is what doublefrost has been reduced by.

You perform your Doublefrost perfectly.(+126)
You attack Downinshata with your hammer and hit for 219(+15)
You critical hit for an additional 174 damage!
You attack Downinshata with your axe and hit for 68(-15)
You critical hit for an additional 59 damage!

You perform your Doublefrost perfectly.(+136)
You attack Downinshata with your hammer and hit for 238(+16)
You critical hit for an additional 153 damage!
You just killed Downinshata!

Downinshata is a lvl 50 druid on prydwen in the EU.

Even if those numbers are true, I don't think it's something to worry about. Admit it, those first numbers are way to high for a melee char.

D

Danya

Re: hmmz

Originally posted by tOkfRanZ
In which case why does midgard have higher delve on it's pbae and DDs then hibernia, the "magical" realm. Melee realm is just a BS term used by zerkers who want to be overpowered.

D

Danya

By the way the correct "modified" numbers for those hits would be:

You perform your Doublefrost perfectly. (+139)
You attack Downinshata with your hammer and hit for 295 (+19)
You critical hit for an additional 235 damage!
You attack Downinshata with your axe and hit for 68 (-15)

You perform your Doublefrost perfectly. (+152)
You attack Downinshata with your hammer and hit for 324 (+21)
You critical hit for an additional 207 damage!

That's an actual reduction of 20%.
And that doesn't cover the extra damage from higher strength.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Litmus
Didnt you delete your Friar to move to mid and roll a zerker?. :D

go look at my previous post n00bz0r :p

C

Carlos Bananos

You perform your Doublefrost perfectly.(+126)
You attack Downinshata with your hammer and hit for 219(+15)
You critical hit for an additional 174 damage!
You attack Downinshata with your axe and hit for 68(-15)

You perform your Doublefrost perfectly.(+136)
You attack Downinshata with your hammer and hit for 238(+16)
You critical hit for an additional 153 damage!

honestly, wtf?

Your whining because your damage will 'possibly' be only 200-400 a swing (mainhand)...!?

welcome back down to earth...HEAVY tanks dont even hit my healer for that, and they're swinging at 4-5 second delays.

and your crying over 400 damage every 2 seconds at realm rank 3....?

fyi your RR3 fotm char still hits harder than rr5+ main tanks using weapons over twice as slow.

C

Carlos Bananos

and FO with midgard and melee realm.

Melee realm simply means more melee based characters.

just like Magic realm means more magic based characters...Not uber casters (RM > Eld)

M

mordia

Good thing about LA nerfs is that bandwagoner fotm's like Emma will most likely leave, atleast I really hope so :(

I

inqy

and poor gimps like me that can't compete with the hoards of botted infil/ns now (pre-nerf) will be gone too. yep your easy rps will gone from mid-pryd to level on hib-exc. :(

P

Pin

Originally posted by inqy
and poor gimps like me that can't compete with the hoards of botted infil/ns now (pre-nerf) will be gone too. yep your easy rps will gone from mid-pryd to level on hib-exc. :(

are you saying that you are not a botted sb yourself? and you find yourself unable to compete? errrr... k

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom