This assassin fix ?

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
From daoc europe Friday news:

The level 6 and 8 master abilities of the Spymaster path have now again a cast time greater than zero ;

So now assassins can't use their dotspikes in combat anymore.
Was this always the way it was supposed to work ?
Because that makes it pretty fuckin useless doesnt it ?

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
yea well u lose a 2-3 sec in a fight cause u gotta get out of combat to use poisonspike but thats not such a big deal

Ging

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
yea well u lose a 2-3 sec in a fight cause u gotta get out of combat to use poisonspike but thats not such a big deal

2-3 sec IS alot fo time in a stealther fight.... yea pissed me off as well

illu

Part of the furniture
Will have to see the implications of this when I next log on :/

I suppose it's the same for all of us who have poisonspike, just wondering whether Euro Servers have this "fix" and US Servers don't?

If so - why?

Oli - Illu

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Poisonspike and Siege Wrecker are still insta cast , but you can no longer cast them while you are casting tanglesnare.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Influenza said:
Poisonspike and Siege Wrecker are still insta cast , but you can no longer cast them while you are casting tanglesnare.

well if im in combat i get "use cant cast this for 1 sec" etc.. on PS. Bummer might jsut go battlemaster then

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Influenza said:

go try it in rvr not just in pve

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
is it just me or u cant atack for like 5 sec after droping poisonspike?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
they are just so damn sensitive to stealthers...

Its just beyond me how they have the balls to nerf any thing a stealther has, without following suite to the other shit out there.

This one actually benefits me as I like get spiked by assasins like constantly when fighting them...

but I still think its a piss take, considering theres abilties out there that make classes unkillable from a stealther perpective.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Theseus said:
From daoc europe Friday news:

The level 6 and 8 master abilities of the Spymaster path have now again a cast time greater than zero ;

So now assassins can't use their dotspikes in combat anymore.
Was this always the way it was supposed to work ?
Because that makes it pretty fuckin useless doesnt it ?

Well if you want insta casting dot mine, i want insta casting Disso Trap and Power trap on casters :p

mixal

Banned
I am sure they ll consider to stealthers wear cloth armor in future.
:twak:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
the sooner the 10second disarm for using a dotmine comes back in, the better :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
so now the dot mine is a dot mine rather than an insta dot? oh the drama!

dohhhh

Fledgling Freddie
No biggie tbh. I was kinda "shocked" when i came back to daoc and noticed some +love to me NS. I was used to the disarmthingie, which actually was fine with me, so making this not insta in combat is fair tbh.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
the stealther community must be so OP to get nerfed all the time.

ofc it wount affect me, but suxx to hear about stuff like that.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo this is a big deal as now it can only be used before the fight to be effective. And this is the least effective way to use it. Before you could use it as some extra dmg , but mostly it was used to pop incomming adds so they can't PA you or to use it on the OP SM's.

Now, like someone here said : 500dmg, and its not even that much dmg in most cases.
500 dmg and you need to drop you weapons for 2 rounds to cast it. Dropping your weapons to cast it would mean a decrease in dmg as 2 swings can easily achieve 500-1000dmg.

So this is just another nerf.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Theseus said:
Imo this is a big deal as now it can only be used before the fight to be effective. And this is the least effective way to use it. Before you could use it as some extra dmg , but mostly it was used to pop incomming adds so they can't PA you or to use it on the OP SM's.

Now, like someone here said : 500dmg, and its not even that much dmg in most cases.
500 dmg and you need to drop you weapons for 2 rounds to cast it. Dropping your weapons to cast it would mean a decrease in dmg as 2 swings can easily achieve 500-1000dmg.

So this is just another nerf.

Its a deserved nerf. If my ml7 would really decrease the dmg a lot on poisonspike, i wouldn't care about it, but it doesn't decrease it a lot.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Sauruman said:
Its a deserved nerf. If my ml7 would really decrease the dmg a lot on poisonspike, i wouldn't care about it, but it doesn't decrease it a lot.
Oh cmon, it does increase it by an amount that is fair for either side.

I have a rr8 ranger my friend, and you wont be telling me the balance issues between assassin and archers. especially not on the effectiveness on said MLpaths...

NS's get 2 useful abilities, TWO, DUO , TWEE , 2 , and that is mezzpoison and it used to be dotspike.
Archers get Waterbreathing, Ancient Resists, FZ, PS, and teleporting is always nice but not really that usefull in a fight ofcourse.
Archers also get the opportunity to go Battlemaster, wich can be a fucking uber ML line if used correctly.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Theseus said:
Oh cmon, it does increase it by an amount that is fair for either side.

I have a rr8 ranger my friend, and you wont be telling me the balance issues between assassin and archers. especially not on the effectiveness on said MLpaths...

NS's get 2 useful abilities, TWO, DUO , TWEE , 2 , and that is mezzpoison and it used to be dotspike.
Archers get Waterbreathing, Ancient Resists, FZ, PS, and teleporting is always nice but not really that usefull in a fight ofcourse.
Archers also get the opportunity to go Battlemaster, wich can be a fucking uber ML line if used correctly.

Assassins already outdmg me, add poisonspike and guess how it is :\ Well, assassins have mezz poison and poisonspike that are useful in fights, i got fz that is on a stupid huge timer, this is coz its not a iwin ability, since /malice2 > fz :\ Battlemaster is nice, if u like spending end or duo'ing. Anyways, think its a deserved nerf, getting a free 500 dmg (less ofc with ml7) without any penalty, sure isn't fair :\

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
isnt it the general idea that assassins outdamage archers in melee ?

Corran

Part of the furniture
To use it in combat along with Viper and other poisons was very powerful being that it was on insta cast so you could throw it down in a fight.

Now you got to be more thoughtful about it.. most stealthers camp a small area so they can place it down and retreat away a bit. Moment something gets hit by it they can move in, more so, if it another stealther they cant restealth so easier to follow and hit them when they have stealthed.

The major problem i see, is decent stealthers have been using the mine insta cast to kill brittles before they land a PA on the caster. This has been very effective mannor around the brittles but now they have to figure another way or casters are back of the target list when they got a couple brittles up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom