Things all DAoC players should have done...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aybabtu said:
Who said FAO threads are only whines? :)

I did not say they were, I said I had not got any whines, I have had fao's though.

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
[*]Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ;)).

only missing that one.. god ml raids are boring :touch:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
My intention with this post was to collect all the things that are fun for everyone (or at least have the potential for fun). Thus, I would not say getting a crafter to LGM will be on that list, but maybe something like this:
  • Take a craft to at least 500. You never know if crafting is something for you until you've tried.
Regardless, thanks for the comments. I am actually missing the BG stealther item myself still. ;)

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
when i clicked this thread i was expecting to see 1 word!!!

Quit.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
What about rolling a gimp class and leveling it to 50 then going out in rvr to find out just how imbalanced this game really is and how much fun most of those classes are :touch:

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
My intention with this post was to collect all the things that are fun for everyone (or at least have the potential for fun). Thus, I would not say getting a crafter to LGM will be on that list, but maybe something like this:
  • Take a craft to at least 500. You never know if crafting is something for you until you've tried.
Regardless, thanks for the comments. I am actually missing the BG stealther item myself still. ;)

i would say to at least 700 so you can trinket

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Operate a siege engine!

(if in albion) pull the whole pygmy goblin house

Decorate a house/ garden.

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
Here's some I'd add

* Fired any kind of damage area effect in RvR and hit 30+ albs/hibs/mids, regardless of whether it had any significant impact or whether you died 3 seconds later

* Had the last 50+ death messages in DF from you/your group

* Been in a complete wipe of 100+ people

* Have an item that is no longer possible to obtain in game

* Made a MP item

* Built and fired some form of siege equipment

* Made it inside a telekeep

* Logged back into an enemy realm zerg after an ld

* Saved an enemy grey con from mobs

* Been or used a spellcrafter who exploded

Talifer

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Belomar said:
Here's my little collection of things all DAoC players should have done and experienced to get the maximum of enjoyment out of the game. Feel free to add to this list, I am sure you have your own tips, and I am also sure many of you don't agree with my points.

• Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once.
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me.
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere.
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles.
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run.
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;)
  • Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above.
  • Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun. ;)
  • Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies.
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside.
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential.
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience.
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ;)).
  • Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline.
  • Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH. :D

w00t all of the above except ML's to 9.

Some of the best fun I have had in the game surround large scale encounters (As per VOS or others) and doing them with small numbers like 3 playerrs and some backup res/bb's.

Equally some sub fg RVR with similar sized non FOTM grps, these have been the most enjoyable moments.

Hitting RR5 on my Arms without capped SC was a good memory for me, the Infil has SC all the way, Have a full set of MP plate in the vault and its been there since sc'ing came in un-used and un-sc'd.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Khale said:
Done all except the BG AOE dot char.

Muhahahaha, I enjoyed the DoT class so much I made another pity the first was halfway through Spellcrafting :(

The second one made it to 50, and its still fun, I have a screeny somewhere from the times when our frontier was under siege by the mids every night and I had my lvl 46 or 47 cabi in berks and I got my first (but not last) 40+ nme player dot :) I had to kill those messages cuz they were lagging me.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Kagato said:
Done most except rolling BG alts or fotm classes, I simply don't care for them. Still need to get a whine thread though, guess I need to stop being so nice to everyone.

You need to add crafting and soloing to the list.

Ummm crafting.......I'm glad I have a LGM Alchemist now BUT christ I didnt enjoy getting it there and frankly I felt only relief after I did it and not enjoyment....I still have nightmares about it now :(

I have a 600+ WC and I do a coupla points a week if I feel like it, I cba with doing it anymore after the alc.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Talifer said:
Here's some I'd add

* Fired any kind of damage area effect in RvR and hit 30+ albs/hibs/mids, regardless of whether it had any significant impact or whether you died 3 seconds later

* Had the last 50+ death messages in DF from you/your group

* Been in a complete wipe of 100+ people

* Have an item that is no longer possible to obtain in game

* Made a MP item

* Built and fired some form of siege equipment

* Made it inside a telekeep

* Logged back into an enemy realm zerg after an ld

* Saved an enemy grey con from mobs

* Been or used a spellcrafter who exploded

Talifer

Some examples of the above for me were the ill fated Dragon raid - where golly decided to do a fly by after we waited near the ponies for LD's, saw him breath all over 80+ people then gigled to myself as I wasnt in the main pack then then he went and did the same to us and the 4-5 other groups close by.

Fallen archers dagger is a nice one off you cant get anymore, dunno about the 100 in df :) had a shed load but since I rarely do fg's in DF its not easy, been soley responsible for at least 10 FG wipeouts tho by killing the focus puller :)

LD'd in the fatefull attack on Dagda many moons ago where the server crashed, all the Alb forces logged back pretty much 1 by 1 to get owned by 1 or 2 ...... hundred purple guards :)

Had 30-35 odd in Siegecrafting before it you could make and skill up Siegecrafting on ammo.

A good one is having a quest in the journal that you shoulda done 47 levels ago and now you cant find (Obviously) the cap to give to Cranley... :)

I'm sure there is more

Sarcon

Fledgling Freddie
"*Saved a grey con enemy from a mob" Yir ! need to try that, got 1 to add myself to.

*Attack the Dragon with your level 25 pala :flame: . ITS A MUST !!! ;) [Done]

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
HMMMM!!

Belomar said:
  • Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once. - Done
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me. -Done
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere. -Done
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles. - Done
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run. - Done
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;) - not done
  • Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above. - Done
  • Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooofun. ;) - Done (more than once)
  • Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies. - Not done
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside. - Done
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential. - Done
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience. - Done
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities. - Done (got bored)
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 . - Not Done
  • Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline. - Not sure, unless you considering Advance Assissting that
  • Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH. - Done

Bleh Ive been playing too long at times, no wonder my missus ran off with another woman

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Dweller said:
I'll do that if all savages agree to play a support class on the end of the savage assist train, so they can experience the other side as well :p

I think you kinda missed his point, you are referring to lvl 50 rvr (when savages are buffed to the tits and get chainhealed) while he meant that everyone should roll a /level 20 savage, which indeed suck horribly. Zerk >> savage in bg1 tbh..

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Additions also could be :

Attend a Wedding and see RP at its scariest ( dancing bears any1?:p)
Follow NP gank grps round emain and count who gets the most ' don`t leech' pms.
And my personal fave , ask for help in FOM alliance chat and collect those warning pms hehe.
Guild keeptake and defend also one to experiance for the fun:)

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me.
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere.
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles.
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run.
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;)
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside.
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential.
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience.
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ;)).
Give FAO-thread tbh :<

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Klonk said:
I think you kinda missed his point, you are referring to lvl 50 rvr (when savages are buffed to the tits and get chainhealed) while he meant that everyone should roll a /level 20 savage, which indeed suck horribly. Zerk >> savage in bg1 tbh..

I doubt many of the people playing savages in RvR at the moment soloed them to 50 or rolled them for the BG.

buffbot + PL

Tilda

I've done all on the list, however things that should be added, imho:

Run a raid of some sort
Done keep defence
Taken a defended keep
Killed Legion
Killed Grandsumoner
Killed Sidi/TG/Gala boss
Charged APK/MPK/HPK
Camped a mile gate
Taken a defended mile gate
Used a treb in keep/mile gate defence/assult

Tilda :D

/edit If people dont mind running their own <cough> server <cough>, using flymode to fly all over all 3 reams (old world and SI and toa)and play about with all the other cool things you can do <ahem> ;)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
I doubt many of the people playing savages in RvR at the moment soloed them to 50 or rolled them for the BG.

buffbot + PL

Yeah, as opposed to all the other _soloing_ classes from lvl 1 to 50 these days :)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Here's my little collection of things all DAoC players should have done and experienced to get the maximum of enjoyment out of the game. Feel free to add to this list, I am sure you have your own tips, and I am also sure many of you don't agree with my points.

i still need my own FAO and dragon raid :p

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
all done, but the fao thread had some other name :p
dont know if the adrenalin on beating one fg is as much as you kill 4 gimp sbs solo :p

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Add to that list of being an Animist. You DONT know what 'spamming' pets is until uve done it. Play rvr/bg and cut down all +15 lvls above u! Go fins and watch how u should xp! :clap:

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
  • Stayed up the entire night playing, for whatever reason.
  • Used /advisor and helped someone out.
  • Revisited a mob that owned you when you were level 6 and beaten the snot out of it.
  • Joined a guild.
  • Led any sort of PvE or RvR raid.
  • Made friends with an enemy via the medium of /emotes.
  • Got completely and utterly lost in the world but ended up finding something cool.
  • Taken part in a real zerg vs. zerg war.

Just a few thoughts...

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
What about rolling a gimp class and leveling it to 50 then going out in rvr to find out just how imbalanced this game really is and how much fun most of those classes are :touch:

been there, done that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom