Things all DAoC players should have done...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Here's my little collection of things all DAoC players should have done and experienced to get the maximum of enjoyment out of the game. Feel free to add to this list, I am sure you have your own tips, and I am also sure many of you don't agree with my points.

• Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once.
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me.
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere.
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles.
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run.
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;)
  • Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above.
  • Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun. ;)
  • Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies.
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside.
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential.
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience.
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ;)).
  • Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline.
  • Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH. :D

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
:clap:
Nice list! Gotta print it. still have a few points to before I get there it seems! :D

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
  • Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once. - DONE
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me. - DONE
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere. - DONE
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles. - DONE
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run. - DONE, to level 6
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;) - DONE
  • Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above. - DONE
  • Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun. - DONE
  • Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies. - Not done
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside. - DONE
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential. - DONE
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience. - DONE
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities. - DONE
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3). - DONE
  • Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline. - DONE
  • Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH. :D - Not sure
So please make a whine thread and I'll roll a Shammy in BG.. then I quit ;)

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
hmm have done most of that. Havent rolled many bg chars tho, but my sb was in rvr level when staying stealthed after one shotting existed, damn it was like TEH FUN :D

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Done all of that except that my reaver's ML5 not ML9... but he will be ML9 soon :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Hehe, nice list...although lowbie Savages suck horrifically. They only shine when uber buffed AND uber healed. In fact all the people who complained about Savages should be made to play one solo just to see the "other side of the fence".

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
In fact all the people who complained about Savages should be made to play one solo just to see the "other side of the fence".

I'll do that if all savages agree to play a support class on the end of the savage assist train, so they can experience the other side as well :p

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Done all but a bg savage, and inf in bg (never had an infil :p such fotm classes )

nice list btw :)

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
  • Levelled a char from 1 to 50 at least once. - DONE
  • Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me. - DONE
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere. - DONE
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles. - DONE
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run. - DONE, to level 6
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;) - DONE
  • Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above. - DONE
  • Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun. - DONE
  • Played an AoE DoT class in the BGs. You'll be wiping armies. - Not done
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside. - DONE
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential. - DONE
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience. - DONE
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities. - DONE
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3). - DONE
  • Defeated an enemy FG with your own FG. Adrenaline. - DONE
  • Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH. :D - Not sure
So please make a whine thread and I'll roll a Shammy in BG.. then I quit ;)

Reads like /master....ML11 anyone?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Here's my little collection of things all DAoC players should have done and experienced to get the maximum of enjoyment out of the game. Feel free to add to this list, I am sure you have your own tips, and I am also sure many of you don't agree with my points.

• Played in at least two realms, preferably three. Preferably in RvR as well. Things look quite different from the other side of the fence, trust me.
  • Participated in a dragon raid. Dragons are the age-old enemies of adventurers everywhere.
  • Participated in a relic raid. Nothing like seeing your realm flex its muscles.
  • Played a necromancer in PvE. Constant pulling of orange+ con mobs is fun, even if boring in the long run.
  • Rolled an enchanter (if only a lowbie one). You have to see what the fuss is all about. ;)
  • Done your epic quests (at least for one char). You'll get to see a lot of your realm, and... a lot of your horse's backside.
  • Sorted SC armor (at least for one char). Only with capped stats do you get to see your char at its full potential.
  • Gained at least RR4 with one char. Some people may detest RvR, but this is most probably because they lack the experience.
  • Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
  • Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ;)).

Done most except rolling BG alts or fotm classes, I simply don't care for them. Still need to get a whine thread though, guess I need to stop being so nice to everyone.

You need to add crafting and soloing to the list.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Wise man once said, you havn't lived 'till you've played a full cave Shaman in Thid. Definatly agree its somthing everyone should do atleast once :)

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Played an assassin class in the BGs. One-shotting mages is sooo fun. ;)
I take great pride in the fact that I have never rolled an assassin or archer class... :twak:

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
I take great pride in the fact that I have never rolled an assassin or archer class... :twak:

Sorry but i find that a funny thing to take pride in.... :)

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Things i haven't done :( but theres still time :)

Rolled a savage (if only a lowbie one). Same reason as above.
Activated at least one artifact and levelled it. Artifacts are fun toys with cool abilities.
Done your ML trials, at least up to ML9 for one char. It is actually rewarding (at least after ML3 ).
Gotten at least one FAO or whine thread on BW or FH.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Done most except rolling BG alts or fotm classes, I simply don't care for them. Still need to get a whine thread though, guess I need to stop being so nice to everyone.

You need to add crafting and soloing to the list.

Who said FAO threads are only whines? :)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:

:clap:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
kill a n00b on camlann and get funny whining replies about how n00bish u r coz u killed him :).

replied back to a whiner on camlann with: tell some who cares..
then they simply stop whining :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

U forgot to mention, played a non stealtherclass on Camlann/PvP server and survived more then 30 minutes outside a capital town.

Start a crafter and take him/her to Legendary skills.

Lead a raid be it PvE or in RvR.

there, now u have some more things to fulfill.

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

• Not gonna roll one :p
  • No room on account xD
  • Almost just need ml8&9 +ml exp for 7/8/9
  • Working on that, want a whine about my bg sb, capped once, no whine x(

Phule_Gubben said:
  • Start a crafter and take him/her to Legendary skills.
  • Lead a raid be it PvE or in RvR.

• Almost, too broke to raise
  • Hijacked a raid once when leader was clueless, leading my own one soon tho :D

Got the rest [done]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom