There's nothing quite like a good ol' internet lynching

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Texas judge won't face charges for beating daughter

http://gu.com/p/335c8

It's Texas, I'm surprised he hasn't been made governor because of this.....

As a parent I definitely believe that if you have get to the point where you have to hit your kids you have definitely gone wrong at some point along the line, and anyone who loses their temper and hits their kids whilst angry should have criminal proceedings brought against them.

I don't believe that societies problems are caused by 'soft' liberal parenting. You can teach kids responsibility without beating them, if you look at the kind of families where kids go off the rails, it's the ones where they are smacked around where they are more likely to go around punching the shit out of others because they don't have the control, empathy or tools at their disposal to deal with situations in any other way.

I speak at someone who was spanked as a kid, and you know what that taught me, don't get caught and that I lost a bit of respect for my parents. The only thing that stopped me from being a violent little shit when I was growing up was that it made me feel bad when i hurt someone else physically or emotionally.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I read the reactions before watching the video and I have to admit I though I would see the girl in a comma. I was hit as a child but i was never abused. The worth one i got i was slapped on the arse and legs about 30 times because i rode off over the hill when told not too. I left my Mum with my sister sat in the front garden so she could not chase me. When i came back 10 minutes later i got the spanking of my life (justified) and i never went over the hill again without permission. It gave me boundaries and has led to me having a healthy respect for authority. Which is something none of these pampered kids have. Parents need to be allowed to discipline but within rules just making smacking illegal leads to kids with no fear of being bad.
fuck that. The only alternative to discipline with violence (yes, its violence) is having pampered kids? If violence is the only way you can learn right from wrong, that just proves how wrong hitting is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom