There is no confirmation about transfers to US cluster...(?)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Only confirmation about transfers to Mythic in the US.

Are we all resubbing for a EU supercluster or are you all resubbing thinking that we will get to play with the Americans?

VN Boards - I received a response...miracle ?

"As for the European servers, they will not be competing for space on Ywain."

Are we hoping enough Europeans will resub and come back to the Euro cluster or?

Am I missing something here as people are getting hella excited about transfers etc. when the only transfer confirmed thus far is from GoA to Mythic and hence to the newer version.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't mind an EU-Supercluster that's located in Europe (as long as it's NOT in France).

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Only confirmation about transfers to Mythic in the US.

Are we all resubbing for a EU supercluster or are you all resubbing thinking that we will get to play with the Americans?

VN Boards - I received a response...miracle ?

"As for the European servers, they will not be competing for space on Ywain."

Are we hoping enough Europeans will resub and come back to the Euro cluster or?

Am I missing something here as people are getting hella excited about transfers etc. when the only transfer confirmed thus far is from GoA to Mythic and hence to the newer version.

As i've understand it will be a completely new super cluster , and my guess
is that people hope and presume that the " few " remaining/reupping English
players will either get to transfer to Ywain , OR get the chanse to transfer
FROM Ywain (with thier new chars) to the new super cluster .
But thats what i guess :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
There's no confirmation, but that's not ruling it out either depending how u read it - "not completing for space" could mean they do something with server capacity. In anycase, not clustering now doesn't rule it out later when the Ywain pop drops. Can't really say much till they starting posting details.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I aint going back to that European cluster if they will cluster german and frenchies :S They cant even speak english lol :S hope they will give ya'll xfer to ywain!

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be dissappointed if they create a new cluster for EU, there would be no point at all unless they kept it in the German language.

I really hope its just a char transfer to ywain. All dependant on how many german people still play as to whether or not it makes sense to just do ywain merge or new cluster.

There was code to transfer between servers wasnt there? As opposed to the recent ywain transfer? Maybe, just maybe they will get the working so will be ability to transfer between the two new clusters.

- English -

Resident Freddy
i kinda hope they allow Dyvet chars to be xfered to ywain and keep a euro cluster for ze germans and frogs... dont really want them invading ywain

Gahn

Resident Freddy
A new Eu cluster with Germans and Froggies is out of question for me tbh.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
They are playing u all like a harmonica lol..

1 free week, get u to reup xD then they stick u on a dying supercluster and refuse to transfer "since it is not technically possible", haha. GOA sure are eco-friendly in how they reuse and use the same cunning line over and over and over and over again.

You will see :p

I'm 100% sure some people already reupped cus of this.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why would they? Mythic will be opening the new subs, nothing to do with GOA.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
There's no confirmation, but that's not ruling it out either depending how u read it - "not completing for space" could mean they do something with server capacity.

Right, the primetimes are somewhat offset. The same happened when FFXI was released in the US. The US playerbase used the Japanese servers. This meant that there were no empty servers for the US release. However, it presumably saved Square some money. The same would be true for Mythic, they get extra subs during off-peak times.

The issue is how Mythic are going to handle languages. In principle, they could create French and German clusters, and freeze the version number. It is unlikely that they want to have to handle translation of future updates.

English players would be best handled by a transfer to Ywain.

Ofc, it is unclear what software Mythic actually has. The translated server and client code is probably copyright Goa, and there may be no license requirement for them to turn it over to Mythic.

Also, what is doac's general state, are they still making enough money to keep the servers running?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I doubt GOA have modified anything code wise that they won't/can't give to mythic. I'm sure the agreement was that GOA we're infact banned from making any changes following some un-authorised development work they did before? Can't remember what the items were but basically something that Mythic didn't condone.

In any case, mythic can xfer the chars no problem i'm sure. Not sure how many chars on active on french/german/en servers but would be good to have everyone on ywain.

Thing is, some of my chars (and many others) are on german servers, but im english - where do they go?!

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
I doubt GOA have modified anything code wise that they won't/can't give to mythic. I'm sure the agreement was that GOA we're infact banned from making any changes following some un-authorised development work they did before? Can't remember what the items were but basically something that Mythic didn't condone.

The translations might have just been a relatively small number of mods to the code plus translation tables.

The tables would belong to Goa.

In any case, mythic can xfer the chars no problem i'm sure. Not sure how many chars on active on french/german/en servers but would be good to have everyone on ywain.

Thing is, some of my chars (and many others) are on german servers, but im english - where do they go?!

The best would be that the transfers are based on the server rather than the account location.

However, they may implement a solution that isn't subtle like having an EU cluster and leaving it at that.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Would anyone really bother if they clustered with french/germans? i know i wouldnt unless i could speak to other people

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Would anyone really bother if they clustered with french/germans? i know i wouldnt unless i could speak to other people

if they force the frensh and germans to play on english server I'm ok with it...

if the Froggies and Germans can live with that is... I doubt it.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
if they force the frensh and germans to play on english server I'm ok with it...

if the Froggies and Germans can live with that is... I doubt it.

It's not the server language that's the problem, it's the language of the players. On Avalon you get used to the drops, mobs, etc being in german soon enough - but it's a pain never to be able to join random pugs or read the /bg or join in with server life etc cos you don't speak the language.

Not that that happens so much on Ywain personally, but it's nice to have the option.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Right, the primetimes are somewhat offset. The same would be true for Mythic, they get extra subs during off-peak times...

It is true the primetimes are offset and this seems to work mostly during the week. But on holidays and sometimes at the weekend, you have europrime in the evening clashing with a fair amount of yanks on at mid-afternoon and this seems to be when they hit server cap.

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Barrels and mutli charge potions irrc which Mythic stated were impossible.

GOA also did funky stuff with the database which is why when Prydwen went down for so long with DB corruption & no backup (now that was fun) Mythic turned up said 'WTF you done? We can't help.. Goodbye!!! & BTW just delete everything and start again'. Which GOA decided wasn't an option & got people in to manually trawl the DB to fix it (which could mean additional issues).

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Interesting times.

I'd bet that what they "want" to do is have 2 clusters one with all of the EU accounts and ywain. Both in English.

Add into the mix the fact that EA is close to bankrupt and desperate for the Bioware Star Wars mmo to be a hit and who knows what is actually going to happen.

They may just keep the servers as they are and lock in the game version for the moment (and in mythic time for "the moment" read six month to a year).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
They are playing u all like a harmonica lol..

1 free week, get u to reup xD then they stick u on a dying supercluster and refuse to transfer "since it is not technically possible", haha. GOA sure are eco-friendly in how they reuse and use the same cunning line over and over and over and over again.

You will see :p

I'm 100% sure some people already reupped cus of this.

The not technically possible is just a long hand way of saying - 'We cba' when it actually is possible as it has been proven on freeshards.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
The not technically possible is just a long hand way of saying - 'We cba' when it actually is possible as it has been proven on freeshards.

Well everything is possible. It just means that the it would take to much effort.

In theory, it is supposed to mean that it can't be done without extensive mods to the codebase.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I can't remember the login details for my main EU account, i'm guessing mythic will be able to assist me when they take over? I remember the account name for login and sub but thats it :/

Would be cool to take my champ out again....

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
even if they merge all the european servers your still only lookin at a steady player base of say roughly 200? thats no good and they wont get any subs back. ppl are interested in playing on a full server that much is evident the only option i can see is that they split ywain in 2 or allow at least the english servers to migrate there.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thing is - say they let EU English sub to Ywain. German pop will lose their EU English players. A lot of players will resub and Ywain will become heavily populated.

They will also have the risk of losing German players when their server loses players.

If they sub all the EU players to Ywain - a lot of Germans will fo. Ywain will again be overpopulated.

If they split Ywain in two - its going to cause a lot of Americans to leave esp if they get split unfairly.

But if they get split fairly - the english players may/hopefully would come to the the x part of Ywain, along with the EU english subs here and the yanks stay on the y part.

But that still doesn't address the Germans who make up the largest proportion of active subs on the EU servers atm.

In a nut-shell: glad its Mythic working it all out and not me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom