The Zealot - Albion's new class

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
"Matt Firor: I'm happy to say - for the first time in public - that Albion's new class will be called the Zealot. The backstory for this class is that it starts out as a member of the Church of Albion (as an Acolyte), but at 5th level renounces the Church and becomes and adherent of Arawn, the lord of the underworld who was introduced in the Shrouded Isles expansion - and becomes in effect, an evil Cleric. Zealots will be able to use flexible weapons , but will be restricted to cloth armor as well as small shields. As evil Clerics, they fit into the fighter/mage/cleric hybrid category, with the use of combat styles and high-damage focus spells. It'll bring a unique combination of abilities to the game.
As for the other four classes, you all will have to wait a bit."

Discuss...

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
sounds alright :) i like the idea of strong weapons, but weak armor :) and sounds like it will have good utility, buffs, heals, styles, wonder what mids gunna b called :D

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
sounds alright :) i like the idea of strong weapons, but weak armor :) and sounds like it will have good utility, buffs, heals, styles, wonder what mids gunna b called :D

The Deity

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know what the new mid class will be called, but the class itself is prolly a savage/bonedancer hybrid. :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
So basically its a Reaver with a smaller shield, weaker armour and a weak heal line... gogo Albion, I eagerly await the news that one of the new Mid tanks is a Savage with chain armour and quintuple-hit ability (using Laxe)... Oh... and Savageryly line which doesn't drain health ;)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
So basically its a Reaver with a smaller shield, weaker armour and a weak heal line... gogo Albion, I eagerly await the news that one of the new Mid tanks is a Savage with chain armour and quintuple-hit ability (using Laxe)... Oh... and Savageryly line which doesn't drain health ;)

SO DO I <Waits>

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Average at all things is allmost never good ><

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Average at all things is allmost never good ><

Yup, thats the Albion way! When people want average, they know where to come! ;)

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Cool, so we will be getting just the 1 class instead of 2, and that 1 class will be a cloth wearing reaver, with the healing ability of a smite cleric - thanks so much Mythic!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Archeon said:
So basically its a Reaver with a smaller shield, weaker armour and a weak heal line...

i would very much like to know how u found all that out from just that statement... :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
given the number of fake postings from VN we get - what's the source on this? :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
gawd taht sux...alb gets a vw look-a-like...and seeing as they pop the alb one first im not eager to hear what mid/hib gets...either totally wasted space or overpowered to shite...but then im skeptical.

/Dracus

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
found it:

http://camelotvault.ign.com/?dir=interviews&content=catsept04

camelot vault

Matt Firor: Yes. Our current plan is to have one "standard" class per Realm in Catacombs, and then Midgard and Hibernia get one extra "special" class. These classes will be limited to females only and are, incidentally, two of the most-requested classes back when we were first designing Camelot that we never implemented

Call of the boobies - using hormones to repopulate hib/mid :)

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Bad class, glad I'm not playing in Albion ;p

I really hope they get a ABS buff or they will suck ;p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
wonder what mids gunna b called :D
I think Mythic gonna go something like this:
"To make it easier to the community at large we're gonna call Midguards new classes Fotm and Wtfpwn. We hope this will make it easier to whine for albs and hibs."

:D

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, that's gonna suck... the last things Albion needs are;

a) another cloth wearer
b) another melee hybrid

and they want to combine both in a single class?!?

Personally, I think we should get a studded wearing healing/casting hybrid to bring some variety to the realm...

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
It may just be a NWN'ish evil cleric. Like a sorcerer, but with a shield and healing spells. That means it'll probably have quite a number of buffs I suppose. Oh, and give the cleric dispell to strip all the (spec and/or base) buffs of an enemy single target! (Remember how they are working on making bb's obsolete?)

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Whats intresting is it could endup like a shaman for albion.

If its got enhancement spec and its viable to spec it, much like a friar's is then might be intresting to have buff shearing/high resists.

Will be intresting to see if its a mentalist meets reaver class or a friar meats valewalker :)

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
ok lemme just see -

Valewalker, with styles + with buffs, wow, just a valewalker in another way tbh :]

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
When I first read it I thought.. pile of shit. But, he hasn't mentioned the abilites yet. No doubt they'll be some kind of a absorb buff taking it to prolly about 10%. If he can rez as well thats another income of rp as well.
Don't quite rule out the power of this class yet, we've no idea what the spells/dmg etc it's going to be able to dish out.

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
well as long as albs only get 1 new class and hib/mid get 2 new classes, thats good maby we mite have some new ppl in the realm, but still albs jut get another overpowered or almost class

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
if it's a evul cleric, then it fits in right in with the rest of our clerics, I mean, he doesnt have to heal does he? cos he's evul.

What if he's catholic? does that mean he lubs iccle men?

hmmmmmm

Besides - The Zealot - sounds like some really serious serious blokey like Jerhovah's witness's :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
i would very much like to know how u found all that out from just that statement... :)

Easy-Peasy-Lemon Squeezy :p

Lets start with the minor heal line, well it said they started off as Acolytes which as I recall get a heal line, unless they do somthing radical i've never known a -5 class to have a specline removed after they become their 'proper' class. Still I guess thats going on an assumption of what we already know... so fair enough, they might have their heal line removed. It does they they remounced the church afterall.

Zealots will be able to use flexible weapons , but will be restricted to cloth armor as well as small shields.

Flexy weapons = trademark Reaver weapon. (also the mention of cloth armour and small shields)

As evil Clerics, they fit into the fighter/mage/cleric hybrid category, with the use of combat styles and high-damage focus spells.

Focus dmg spells, another assuption here. Reavers have a number of different dmg spells, though maybe not what you'd call 'High-Damage'

Also you'll note they join the house of Arawn - which unless i'm mistaken is the same house Reavers come from.

So herein we make a few assumptions that based on the ideas that it will have similar characteristics to a reaver, with the drawback of a small shield and cloth armour. At the same time originally being an acolyte the concept that he'd have access to a form of heal line (most likley a crappy one, but its still there) - Essencially a weaker version of the reaver with a secondary heal line.

Of course, thats just my speculation on the matter. :D

nocte

Fledgling Freddie
These classes will be limited to females only and are, incidentally, two of the most-requested classes back when we were first designing Camelot that we never implemented

smells a Valkyrie

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hrm probably have:
rejuv
enhance
flex
spell line

spec rejuv
spec enhance
spec spell line

that or maybe the offensive spells will be in the warping of enhance that they get? :)

(or maybe they change the baselines when they join the church of arawn?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom