The Zealot - Albion's new class

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
How will this effect midgard? we have 2 HEALING classes, and we dont even get Styles with them! only buffs /heals / ae dots and root / mez etc etc that stinks

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Wirey said:
How will this effect midgard? we have 2 HEALING classes, and we dont even get Styles with them! only buffs /heals / ae dots and root / mez etc etc that stinks
yeah, and your getting another 2 classes which haven't been announced yet.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Im thinking Mid will also get a base heal/buff/melee class, something like the friar/warden (and ye maybe call it Valkyria^^). Mids second class should either be a new stealther with some grp utility or a petcharmer of some kind.

Hibs might also get a new stealther with grp utility, and probably also a heal/buff/casting hybrid, something like the shaman.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, i would rather like to see Albion get a hybrid of Healer and Valewalker.

Chilly

Balls of steel
hehe, how cna all you ppl say omg new alb class sucks when all mythic have said is about 3 sentences and pretty vague ones at that. Especially given mythics tendency to spout shit about up and coming feating (wont affect rvr...)

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
Ok, that's gonna suck... the last things Albion needs are;

a) another cloth wearer

You havent heard about all spells and abilities yet. This could be a very powerfull class, and will most likely be. As, when people start a new class, they spend more time ingame, therefore paying for a longer period and mythic makes more money. Simple as that.

rynnor

Rockhound
Hmm - the interesting bit to me was the mention of 'high damage focus spells' - I dont know of a class without a pet that has focus spells so either A. it has a pet (which sounds unlikely) or B. it will focus on an alb tank who then proceeds to beat the crap out of everyone - imagine if this is a pc focused damage spell - Paladins are already Pve gods but with focused damage as well... Eek - not sure how practical a clothwearer who has to stand still is in rvr tho ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:
Hmm - the interesting bit to me was the mention of 'high damage focus spells' - I dont know of a class without a pet that has focus spells so either A. it has a pet (which sounds unlikely) or B. it will focus on an alb tank who then proceeds to beat the crap out of everyone - imagine if this is a pc focused damage spell - Paladins are already Pve gods but with focused damage as well... Eek - not sure how practical a clothwearer who has to stand still is in rvr tho ;)

Or its a focus dot/dd type spell - i.e. you cast it and then you cant do anything else or it breaks, but while its up it does very high damage.

nerfbbs

Fledgling Freddie
tbh doesnt really matter what the new alb class is - the ae stun spammers will take it down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If they allow bb's in the olympics ill use my motorbike in the 100M

Yerk - lvl 50 Cab - ML7 Convoker
Xerk - lvl50 Reaver - ML10 Batlemaster

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
rynnor said:

When they say focus here, i believe they mean the kind of focus that reduces casting cost for cloth casters - hypothetically, you'd be able to have Zealotry 50 Focus sc gems etc.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
nerfbbs said:
tbh doesnt really matter what the new alb class is - the ae stun spammers will take it down

You forgot to mention how we also have bolt-range insta AE stun and can hit for 500+ per hammer swing ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
sounds a bit like the Valewalker joke...

hybrid fighter/mage/cleric....... ah ha...........

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
from friday news:

One example that we do to make buffbots less attractive : in Catacombs for example - we haven't released information about the classes yet - but I can tell you that the classes will be much less reliant on buffbots and on buffs in general. They will be a little more self-reliant, so with the new classes it won't be quite so necessary to have a buffbot so players of those classes can compete ; one example.
Read the patchnotes in the future as we do a lot of little things as we try to alleviate the problem.

guess most new classes will get self buffs

Gamah

Banned
I'm still not sure how this works...they can't make it uber so it wtf pwns normal players. But the class can't get buffs? so it will be gimped vs a buffed player?

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, sorry but can't be positive for alb class. Even if by mistake it will have something good it would be nerfed next patch... :(

living

Fledgling Freddie
dident read it all so dont know if it has been said, but dont acolyte class wear leather from 1-5.. so that means u can use leather and then cloth at 5+? seems like 1-5 and 5-50 have nothing to do with each other :>

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
I'm still not sure how this works...they can't make it uber so it wtf pwns normal players. But the class can't get buffs? so it will be gimped vs a buffed player?

like a frier

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but what if they give this new toon an insta lifetap on a 4 second timer?

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
"Matt Firor: I'm happy to say - for the first time in public - that Albion's new class will be called the Zealot. The backstory for this class is that it starts out as a member of the Church of Albion (as an Acolyte), but at 5th level renounces the Church and becomes and adherent of Arawn, the lord of the underworld who was introduced in the Shrouded Isles expansion - and becomes in effect, an evil Cleric. Zealots will be able to use flexible weapons , but will be restricted to cloth armor as well as small shields. As evil Clerics, they fit into the fighter/mage/cleric hybrid category, with the use of combat styles and high-damage focus spells. It'll bring a unique combination of abilities to the game.
As for the other four classes, you all will have to wait a bit."

Discuss...

As an evil cleric the class will probably have lifetaps, and possible a transfer health spell as well

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
tbh any class that can spec for levi is gunna wtf pwn:p

feac

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock Vampiir Forester Valewalker Animist Stalker Naturalist Guardian Magician Ranger Nightshade Bard Druid Warden Champion Hero Blademaster Mentalist Enchanter Eldritch Banshee Seer Mystic Viking Valkyrie Zealot Savage Berserker Bonedancer Runemaster Shaman Spiritmaster Healer Hunter Skald Shadowblade Warrior Thane Disciple Reaver Mage Rogue Acolyte Elementalist Fighter Cabalist Necromancer Mercenary Friar Infiltrator Sorcerer Wizard Cleric Theurgist Minstrel Scout Armsman Paladin

list of class names taken from inside game.dll (us)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
how did you get them from the game.dll?

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
i can confirm the information given in feac's post :)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Zealot sounds like it will be a cross between a Friar, Valewalker and Reaver. Potentially interesting but tank classes are a big zzzz to me.

Can't say about the guesswork being done on the other new classes but Banshee and Valkyrie very plausable guesses. If true, then it will be interesting to see what Mythic make of the Banshee's famous wail. If Valkyrie turns out to be another tank class I can see lots of Mids being very pissed off but if Mythic are being true to the myth then they pretty much have to make these shield maidens. Paladins for Mid anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom