The Walking Dead, season 5

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bloody good episode. I think part of what makes the walking dead so great is that you get to know the characters back story. Its never random red shirts getting thrown to the wolves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liked the beth one better than this.

but then I never believed he knew dick. Too damn mongoloid for me. The g/f did tho :)

But yeah, still a good ep. And the format of short stories works for me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh was my foremost feeling. They sure know how to make character stories, no denying that at all(even if some are bland as f*ck and the people most the time are dumb as such as well), but the rest of the show is just way too plottwisty and contrived.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh was my foremost feeling. They sure know how to make character stories, no denying that at all(even if some are bland as f*ck and the people most the time are dumb as such as well), but the rest of the show is just way too plottwisty and contrived.

Don't agree with you about it being plottwisty and contrived (other than, well, zombies). I find it all pretty straightforward and entertaining...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yup, it would be tired as shit if it was just left for dead style action. The story and characters are what makes it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yup, it would be tired as shit if it was just left for dead style action. The story and characters are what makes it.

It's gone too much in the opposite direction though and when you need to push your characters to plotpoint A(because this needs to happen now) and not really putting thought into the travel there, it becomes tiresome.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I think the action/character building ratio is ok, but I don't like how its in a predictable formula every season. There's action in the first 1-2 episodes, then character building until mid season finale, then more character building until season finale.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If they panned out the action logner from both ends, not just a firefight at the start and end, and took a bit logner for the character development then it would be solid.

Though they can't seem to fix the stupid in those people. They act like stereotypical images of americans :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It gets a bit old when every group they meet seems nice but there's something a bit off. Oh look they're all evil, guess we'll end up in a big dangerous battle where all 20 of us survive unharmed so we can go and repeat the same story somewhere else

but hey it's better than it was a couple of seasons ago

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I quite liked this episode. There was some action, some character building and some story progression.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Aye, it's a wee bit shit that it's been spoiled already though with you know who lives/dies, otherwise when they were going around the town i'd be a bit more on the edge of my seat.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You have to admit the zombies crashing onto the van's roof was pretty good though :)

I like how those two aren't having a love affair - they're clearly just very comfortable with one-another.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I like how those two aren't having a love affair - they're clearly just very comfortable with one-another.

I think it'll turn into casual sex tbh. If you're that comfortable with a girl and your bits tap your brain and go "spunky spunky" then you turn to the girl and go "well?"

:)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
She died a long time ago in the comics but not before trying to have a three way with Rick and Lori, fucking Herschel's son and hooking up with Tyresse, haha.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Also, in the comics, Dale was much more of a wanker (re: Shane etc) than he was in the show.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She died a long time ago in the comics.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH YOU?

SPOILERS FOR CUNTINGS SAKE :eek:

Last time I read this thread tbfh. Every single thread about a TV or a film some bloody idiot says something I don't want to know. It's what spoiler tags are for.

"Ohh, it probably won't happen like that in the telly" is no excuse tbfh. If you're talking about what has happened, or what will happen, no matter in what medium, then you should spoiler it. And just because you may think it might not matter doesn't make a difference - someone else might.

:( :( :( :( :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
they're not really following the comics for carol though, she would have died in like season 2 if they were, in fact loads of people would have died already tbh :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
they're not really following the comics for carol though, she would have died in like season 2 if they were, in fact loads of people would have died already tbh :p

You don't get it. :(

Knowledge of her death in the comics changes the TV experience for me. Some will care, some won't. I very much do. It ain't hard to spoiler.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Sorry!

If it makes you feel better they kind of just merge comic characters, or have tv characters assume the storyline of comic characters they don't bother with, or just completely make new characters (like Daryl) So really the comic can't be relied on to know who lives and who dies.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Like both of those posts above.

Don't know what they say, but I like 'em ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You can peek inside. They are relevant only to the last episode, nothing to do with the comics.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Guess even in a zombie apocalypse you still cannot trust a black guy

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I must say I'm really enjoying this season so far, big improvement over the previous seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom