The Smurf Army in Thidranki (video)

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
Ok shes made just need an invite sometime............and id better get her pl'ed up lol

Filthygorgeous Smurf at your service :clap:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
For those that haven't seen it yet and still want to:
I made the Smurfs in Thidranki video available on a second location, because of an unexpected increase of bandwidth usage on my main host, it has almost reached it's max allowed / month and it may go down soon.
This location has no bandwidth usage restrictions.

http://users.skynet.be/vulcan/smurfs.wmv

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm just finishing off a video of our first night out, its looking ok, a tad laggy in places but some nice bits in it :) just looking for the names of the mains of those smurfs who where there the first night, I know grouchy and aggresive, just looking for the main chars of the following smurfs:

Obese
Hairdresser
Laryan
Homnibus
Smackheed

This is just for the credits :) should be ready in a few days hopefully

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Sock Drawer said:
If we EVER get 200 smurfs in a group at once in Thidranki, I'll show my arse in boots window.

Just get your realm to make a group of hard knocks to counteract it.

Let me break it down for you...

F

U

N

FUN :D

<Homer Simpson voice> woho!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Chronictank said:
:/ you gona zerg more
so much for hoping it was a one off

yeah well, its all they can do

on the plus side, they are marginally less annoying than those sad little *were in thid so were going to run a mincer, a cabby, 3 sorcs* crew of innconu :puke:

noblok

Part of the furniture
Do you guys have to whine about everything?

They are only having a bit of fun with 1-2 full groups of inconnu armsmen. I played the evening they played and I got killed once by them. That's hardly a thing to ruin your evening is it? As a matter of fact I would've been disappointed if they hadn't killed be, because it was really funny to see them all hitting me :).

To the smurfs: you go guys and gals (or smurfs and smurfettes?), thanks for making Thidranki a more humorous place. :wub: the movie was nicely smurfed as well, I had a blast watching it. :)

Blokkie, Thane

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
GoldenThong said:
I dont have a mucky mind! Im pure and innocent!

Well, that's a shame - but PM me and I'm sure I can sort that out :D lol

As for the Zerg whine thing - like I've said before guys - we're only out friday nights, and 10 players isn't really a huge zerg now is it (that was the most we had together at once). If you're playing solo or whatever then you can expect to be wiped out by a full group anyway - even small groups will get killed bylarger ones - such is life.

To be honest we were hoping Mid would have the CK so we could have tried to take it in the name of smurf, alas was not to be.

I think the idea of Mid / Hib forming their own zerg army is a good one lol - we could all have a stand off and video it, then just wade into each other and see what happens lol.

Only thing to bear in mind is.... the smurfs are built for comedy value - not pwnage - hence inconnu armsmen lol.

It's all just about the crack and the beer - and we didn't always wipe everyone out... the lone bard managed to dance with us for a few seconds before one of the smurfs hit it - then it was a free for all and we all waded in :D

:cheers:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Lol quality stuff :)

But please pick up your smurf poo before you leave, as if it's blutack.....

Considering a smurf destroying char as I type :eek6: maybe a lemming....

Chronictank

FH is my second home
noblok said:
Do you guys have to whine about everything?

They are only having a bit of fun with 1-2 full groups of inconnu armsmen. I played the evening they played and I got killed once by them. That's hardly a thing to ruin your evening is it? As a matter of fact I would've been disappointed if they hadn't killed be, because it was really funny to see them all hitting me :).

To the smurfs: you go guys and gals (or smurfs and smurfettes?), thanks for making Thidranki a more humorous place. :wub: the movie was nicely smurfed as well, I had a blast watching it. :)

Blokkie, Thane
a bit of fun isnt zerging every weekend for the rest of us
im sure if i got a warlock army and camped atk a whole week you would be one of the hypocrits whining about us wrecking rvr, after all its ok because "were only having a bit of fun".
If they had a little respect and let people have it out before they steamrolled them, fair enough but they dont so its not "fun" its just a cheap way to get rps

I dont really mind the 10 armsman its the 20 albs stuck to your arse that bother me

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Chronictank said:
a bit of fun isnt zerging every weekend for the rest of us
im sure if i got a warlock army and camped atk a whole week you would be one of the hypocrits whining about us wrecking rvr, after all its ok because "were only having a bit of fun".
If they had a little respect and let people have it out before they steamrolled them, fair enough but they dont so its not "fun" its just a cheap way to get rps

I dont really mind the 10 armsman its the 20 albs stuck to your arse that bother me

Its for a few hours on a friday night.

Just like the random albs have a hard time killing the opted fgm or fgh that sometimes runs, you have a hard time killing us.

I really cant see any problem here, other than you people have trouble winning for once and dont like it.

Its not a 'cheap way to get rps' because we're doing it for the fun rather than the rps themselves, when a char is capped we delete and reroll it, hence we are not just doing this for rps.

The '20 albs stuck to your (back)' are not our problem, rarely did we reach the number of 20, and when we did it was only at chokepoints and by co-incidence rather than by design.

And no, it is MOST DEFINATLY NOT like you and 20 mids rolling warlocks and camping apk, not even is it CLOSE to being like that. Not to mention the fact that we are not doing this 'all week long' rather just a few hours on a friday night.

If you did camp apk for a whole week long with an overpowered casting class then we could whine without being hypocrits, learn the meaning of the word, you need to head to thid for a few hours on a fridaynight with 10 or so bluecon tanks, before we would be hypocrits for whining.

We are blue con tanks, you can CC us, we dont have purge, we dont have a healer, we dont have a casting class, you could use an opted group and wipe the floor with us, yet instead you prefer to say we're just spoiling your fun.

If you where an alb posting this about a group of mids, the immediate reply would be "QQMOREALB" in 5 or 6 posts after, yet we have not done that, we're replying like civilised people and pointing out facts rather than flaming.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
LEMMINGS - I LOVE it :D

Why dont mids or hibs make an fg of blue robe wearing, green haired lemmings and come out on friday night. That's bloody superb - Lemmings vs The Smurfs - ba ba BAHHHHH - cue dramamtic music in a wrestling showdown kinda way :D

He he, we're just having fun - and from what I can see, other realms are enjoying it too. I do understand that maybe you are not having as much fun, but for just that short time couldn't you either a) go play a diff char or b) rally your realm to do the same?

:cheers:

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
I am an alb, and I really don't like the idea of a regular thing with this "group". I watched the video, and yea it was kind of funny but that is where it should end. What else are you hoping to achieve from running the "group" of armsmen every friday night? Also I noticed you have a sorc and cabba in guild, if they run with you then it is even less fun for the mids and hibs, especially the small groups.

No I am not whining, as last friday instead of playing DAoC I done something else due to seeing a lot of albs in thid. The novelty factor is over move on please.

:flame: Expects some :flame:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
simple mate... play their subs, then tell them how to play :)

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
Can't say fairer than that Thorwyn :D

Staffzor, I aint gonna flame you - we honestly didn't think it would take off like this - but it has. And to be honest some of the guys (most really) we're playing with as Smurfs are sound people so I'm extremely happy to be doing it . I'm not gonna stop because some people think "it's not nice".

I dare say the novelty will wear off - or perhaps it wont - who knows lol.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
<snipped>
If I'm not mistaken you are a shadowblade? It's not like it's hard to evade them when you've got stealth. As I said, I played the evening they played, they killed me once. That's the average number of deaths by groups I get on an evening, so it's nothing to complain about.

This isn't nearly similiar to 20 warlocks camping atk either. As Dukat said, they are just armsmen. A group of armsmen is pretty easy to kill when you get a decent group out. This is not to say that I would whine about it if you actually created this zerg. I would probably ignore it and wonder what's fun about it, but I would not whine.

Staffzor said:
I am an alb, and I really don't like the idea of a regular thing with this "group".
That group is probably easier to beat than your 2 sorcerer - 2 cabalist team though :). If they are ruining Thidranki, so is your team (note: I think neither of you are ruining Thidranki, it would be a shame if any of you quit).

If I'm not mistaken, you're in Thidranki because you like fighting other groups. These groups will not quit because the Smurfs are there. As a matter of fact, they offer a challenge for the current groups running, they would encourage them to stay. I agree with Dukat here, I think it would be good fun trying to wipe the smurfs.

Blokkie, Thane

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
So make 4 zerkers then - in fact make 8 and you've killed all 20 of us - problem solved :D

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
noblok said:
it would be a shame if any of you quit[/i]).

I agree with Dukat here, I think it would be good fun trying to wipe the smurfs.

Blokkie, Thane

I agree on both points here.
I shall attempt to gather some lemmings for mighty smiting Sock :twak: Hopefully I can get enough together for a giggle :)

Staffzor, I know you expect flames, but the simple fact is people can play the game they want as Thorwyn suggested. They have not desecrated the holy land or something ffs - lighten up!

Goto

Fledgling Freddie
Well video is really funn but the idea of zerging BG1 make me scare.I like you runing as FG,we can kill that.But you said more will come,more Snuffers,so what it will be?2-3 FG running togheter?,I hope no.Anyway /clap for make bg1 guilds,that is the spirit :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom