TV The random TV thread!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thanks for the headsup, I missed that one.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Well that was a bit shit. Pretty basic stuff.
Nice history lesson if you're like 10 though, apart from yeah, it was quite basic :\

Guess it would be a good resource for schools to use though, I remember watching 20-30 year old recorded VCR tapes.

One of the programmes was after the news, my comrades and I just sat there saying yep, he's dead, she's dead, he's dead, no he's not, yeah he is, he's not!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just watched the season preview of Revolution, I enjoyed it. I'm hoping they can keep it good and non-draggy for 11 more episodes though.

Also, Supernatural I can't wait for. With Leverage and Warehouse 13 being the only shows airing that I watch, it's nice to have a few old regulars come back.

Season finalé of True Blood of True Blood was awesome too, can't wait for the next season. Hoping it's less than a year wait though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just come back form NY and they are really pushing the new season stuff on the TV out there. Elementry with Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, its the Sherlock Holmes re-hash, they really seem to want it to work and looks like they have thrown a ton of cash at it. it looks ok, yes OD Revolution looks good too.

Lots of returning sitcoms, big bang, new girl, HIMYM

Oh and a new one with Matthew Perry called Go On, the pilot was aired a few weeks ago, but it starts in a few weeks, got good reviews

Last edited:

Gwadien

Looked on the interwebz couldnt find anything about what uk channel Revolution will be on or will it be a download jobby?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Just watched the end of season 2 Falling Skies. Wow that was awesome! The first season was a bit cheesy but they really stepped it up a gear.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Just watched the end of season 2 Falling Skies. Wow that was awesome! The first season was a bit cheesy but they really stepped it up a gear.

I have to disagree. Just because an episode is less shit compared to every other sub-par episode of an at best mediocre series doesn't make it good.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Oh you're definitely not watching the same TV show then. Also 'Just because an episode'...I never said specifically one episode in season 2 was better, I though the whole second season was better.

Don't read unless you've seen all of season 2
What's not to love about the show? They're still out gunned by the aliens (or are they? last episode = friend or foe?). They have the rebel alliance which has taken a nasty hit from Bressler (sp?). They managed to kill one of the fish heads, and the don't use computers so all his knowledge is lost! Karen has come a long way as well, she seems far more 'beefed up' from her harness than Ben. The episode where she 'seduces' Ben and causes him to lure her away only to try and trap him.
Also you're getting to see the harnessed kids show a real love for the skitters. Ben as a prime example.

The visual aesthetics are better, the story is stronger and there are more arcs which do not seem too over the top. Also we always knew they could never stay at Charleston, but how they played that out was fantastic.

Gwadien

Oh you're definitely not watching the same TV show then. Also 'Just because an episode'...I never said specifically one episode in season 2 was better, I though the whole second season was better.

Don't read unless you've seen all of season 2
What's not to love about the show? They're still out gunned by the aliens (or are they? last episode = friend or foe?). They have the rebel alliance which has taken a nasty hit from Bressler (sp?). They managed to kill one of the fish heads, and the don't use computers so all his knowledge is lost! Karen has come a long way as well, she seems far more 'beefed up' from her harness than Ben. The episode where she 'seduces' Ben and causes him to lure her away only to try and trap him.
Also you're getting to see the harnessed kids show a real love for the skitters. Ben as a prime example.

The visual aesthetics are better, the story is stronger and there are more arcs which do not seem too over the top. Also we always knew they could never stay at Charleston, but how they played that out was fantastic.
Although I agree, one bit ruined it for me
WHY HAVE THEY GOT WEAPONS POINTING TO THE SKY? ?OUR PLANES ARE DEAD, HINT HINT

Should've been a bit more less obvious tbh :p

I'd like to think, omg, are these coming to help the fish-heads or are they coming to attack the fish heads, but now its pretty clear that they're coming to attack the fish-heads, but the only thing that is left in question is what is their alliance with the humans?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Gwadien said:
Although I agree, one bit ruined it for me
* SPOILER *

Should've been a bit more less obvious tbh :p

* SPOILER *

Good point Alex. On phone so can't respond properly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I quite liked season 2...it wasn't the best but it was very watchable.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just started on S4 of Breaking Bad. S3 finale was great, first episode of S4 was creepy. Gus is epic. Looking forward to the rest of S4 and S5.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just started on S4 of Breaking Bad. S3 finale was great, first episode of S4 was creepy. Gus is epic. Looking forward to the rest of S4 and S5.

You are in for a treat, season 4 is a tour de force and season 5 has been brilliant so far.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lost girl, think the third season is in production, excellent series really.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not 4. Definitely not 4. Maybe 2? Tbh, I thought 4 was so good that everything before it sort of blurred into "before season 4". Maybe if I went back and rewatched I would come away with a different opinion but 4 is the standout season for me.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Have you completely taken leave of your senses?? The Cousins? Gus Fring??

Season 3 was brillo pad. :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
There was no weak season, there were lull's in the story, to pause for releflection and develop character relationships but all of it mattered even if it wasn't always exciting/funny/unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom