The Question and Answer thread!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the only thing i can find to be faster than light is an experiment done which fired a laser through caesium atoms at 300 times the speed of light.

though i dont think i did that in primary school. i could of done, its been a long time now.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Gravity!!!!

Bastard!!!

(yes :()

Isaac Newton's formulation of a gravitational force law requires that each particle respond instantaneously to every other massive particle irrespective of the distance between them. In modern terms, Newtonian gravitation is described by the Poisson equation, according to which, when the mass distribution of a system changes, its gravitational field instantaneously adjusts. Therefore the theory requires the speed of gravity to be infinite.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
So lets see, its faster than light, I cant see or smell it, yet it affects me every day..

Tax man, cause that fecker gets to my money faster than I can earn it, yet I never see him, and every day hes ripping me off.

Gravity - Light has accelertion and velocity, gravity is a constant and an instant.

tris-

i suggest dukat no longer takes part in this game.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
So lets see, its faster than light, I cant see or smell it, yet it affects me every day..

Gravity - Light has accelertion and velocity, gravity is a constant and an instant.

Yey! :D

Sadly Calean the cheeky geordie badger got there first, probably because he was obviously cheating somehow!! :D

your go to do a question Cal!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Yey! :D

Sadly Calean the cheeky geordie badger got there first, probably because he was obviously cheating somehow!! :D

your go to do a question Cal!
Bummer didnt see his answer :(

Being a Geordie he is prolly trying to put his gravity on his sunday roast as we speak ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Why does having a thumb up your bum while having a Bj feel so good?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Why does having a thumb up your bum while having a Bj feel so good?

The anus has a relatively high concentration of nerve endings and is an erogenous zone. Sigmund Freud's theory of psychosexual development, for example, described an anal stage, hypothesizing that toddlers derive pleasure from retaining and expelling feces. This is the source of the term "anal" and the derived, derogatory vulgarism "anal-retentive."

Anal intercourse can be pleasurable for both the insertive partner and the receptive partner. For the receptive partner, pleasure from anal intercourse is also thought to be related to the shared wall between the rectum and the vagina (for females) as well as the G-spot or prostate (for males). For the insertive partner, the tightness of the anus is often said to be a source of pleasure in penetrative anal sex. Anal intercourse, sometimes referred to as sodomy or buggery, is a human sexual activity, but is considered taboo in a number of moral systems, and it has been, and in some jurisdictions continues to be, a crime carrying severe punishment.

Anal sexual activity need not include penetration. The anus also plays an important role in facesitting, coprophilia and anilingus.

Anal stretching can stimulate the nerves around the anus and can be considered pleasurable. Care must be taken to maintain elasticity.

Lubricant is widely regarded as a necessity in performing anal sex.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
was getting server error's sos,
my question:

Since my acts are caused by my choices and my choices caused by my beliefs and desires and my beliefs and desires are not in my direct control, how can it be that my acts are of free will, and do i really have a choice at all?

Calaen

Very informative Chronic. Ask away.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Gravity isn't faster than the speed of light. If it was, you wouldn't get black holes.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Gravity isn't faster than the speed of light. If it was, you wouldn't get black holes.

Shouldnt that be, gravity is faster than the speed of light, if it wasnt, you wouldnt get black holes?

If light was faster than gravity it could escape a black hole, and so the black hole wouldnt be black?

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
was getting server error's sos,
my question:

Since my acts are caused by my choices and my choices caused by my beliefs and desires and my beliefs and desires are not in my direct control, how can it be that my acts are of free will, and do i really have a choice at all?

Well in actuality your choices and acts are not in free will, it is your desire that makes you believe they are.

Do you have a choice? This is irrelevant because the choices and acts you make are believed to be the right ones at the time so in essence you are always making the right choice, which would be picked regardless given two clear cut options.

:p

Calaen

Well in actuality your choices and acts are not in free will, it is your desire that makes you believe they are.

Do you have a choice? This is irrelevant because the choices and acts you make are believed to be the right ones at the time so in essence you are always making the right choice, which would be picked regardless given two clear cut options.

:p

gogo Bullitt

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
When something is transported by car it's called a shipment. When something is transported by boat it's called cargo. Why?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
When something is transported by car it's called a shipment. When something is transported by boat it's called cargo. Why?
Question is a little wrong :)
Cargo is defined as:
any goods, wares, merchandise, and articles of every kind whatsoever carried on a ship, other than mail, ship’s stores, ship’s spare parts, ship’s equipment, stowage material, crew’s effects and passengers’ accompanied baggage.

A shipment is not everything on a vehical, it is the property made available for transportation by a shipper to a carrier thus doesn't include other goods such as personal affects of a crew/passengers. Shipment is actually a sodomisation of the true english language by the yanks, who replaced the word consignment which is:
A separate identifiable number of goods (available to be) transported from one consignor to one consignee via one or more than one modes of transport and specified in one single transport document.

hence the confusion :)

Tris can have my question im off to lunch ^^

tris-

not exactly true.

according to the dictionary cargo is the lading of a boat, while a shipment is either the act of transporting cargo or a quantity of cargo via the sea.

so cargo and shipment are two different things and so it probably doesnt make sense to use the words in the way you described.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just wanted to pop in, since i missed this cargoboat(answer:it's because of language and dialect differences by the way) completely, i just wanted to say that nothing, in the game of speed(without keanu reeves) beats the ultimate master....Time.

Time moves along in a speed that makes even that pesky gravity look like a crippled slug.

Calaen

I will ask another one.

Is it possible to find the Glastonbury set that Get cape Wear cape Fly did?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH

Here is your answer :p

Cargo is not related to the phrase "car - go!" but means instead something that is transported or carried (something in transit), wher as to "ship" something somewhere means to move it, and a ship (as in boat) is so named because it is good at this, therefore a shipment can travel by road, and a lorry can carry a cargo, in addition to the other way around.

In short, the terms were developed before they were applied to the methods of transport we now use them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom