The Official-Unofficial /level 20 Poll!

What to you think should happen to the /level 20 command

• I would like to see the /level command be removed.

Votes: 303 49.1%
  • I would like the /level command to be left on all servers.

Votes: 288 46.7%
  • I do not wish to respond

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Righthandof said:
pretty good ideas there.
make exping a looot faster! notice mythic that nobody plays this game because exping is fun. its dam suffering, and because you cant do anything else at the beginning, but to suffer.. im sure many many players decline to continue playing this game, as it suxx for like a month or so.. make it a lot faster, the people here play for rvr or big, epic raids.. not because its so fun to kill some mobs at lvl 33 for 3 hours and nothing..

XPing has been a breeze since Catacombs. Anyone still complaining about the speed of XPing after Catacombs should be playing Counter-Strike; those of us who levelled 50s 2+ years ago know just how easy it is for players now. MMORPGs aren't about instant gratification, they never have been and never will be. That's not what they're for.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
XPing has been a breeze since Catacombs. Anyone still complaining about the speed of XPing after Catacombs should be playing Counter-Strike; those of us who levelled 50s 2+ years ago know just how easy it is for players now. MMORPGs aren't about instant gratification, they never have been and never will be. That's not what they're for.

Maybe not, but they should be there for people to have fun...

XP may be easier to get but you pretty much have to do it solo now...

Back when I started there were always groups available, always different people to interact with, to progress with, to compete against in the levelling race... It's what made the levelling process FUN

To be honest if I had my way, I'd loose the /level command AND place a restriction on groups so that you can only get xp in a grp with people who are less than 10 (maybe even 5) levels above you.

In addition I'd increase the xp gain significantly for each additional player in group and remove the xp cap on a level making everyone in the grp get exactly the same amount of xp on par with the highest level in the group.

1 person gets X amount of xp per kill, 2 people get X + 5% each, 3 get X +15%, 4 get X + 25% etc up to a maximum of X + 65% + 10% bonus on full group. (where X = xp gained by highest player in grp)

Ok it'd kill the PL process and upset quite a few people but it'd force those people who want a new alt to actually go out and group. It would benefit the community, bring back grouping and rid newer players of having to go through the drag of levelling alone...

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Haven't seen a normal xp grp in well over a year, let alone a guild one :(

If they do exist, someone give me a poke as I'm really in the mood to start a new alt and level it the old way :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Dakkath said:
Haven't seen a normal xp grp in well over a year, let alone a guild one :(

If they do exist, someone give me a poke as I'm really in the mood to start a new alt and level it the old way :)

Well when I was with my alt in vendo caves, we sure had quite fun with almost fg there killing bears etc - so there are low lvl groups, u might need to hunt those thou because no one - no one - will use the LFG feature of the game (which is something I dont understand). If ppl would learn how to use it, more ppl would group. But like said.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think is mater if they remove it as most of the ppl powerlevel there characters so the lowbie towns will stay empty anyway.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Skipped 3 pages of this thread, so forgive me if someones already said this.

If /level was removed for me, all I would do is get my necro and pl him in ac. In my eyes removing /level will not help get the long time players back into the starter towns at lvl 1 looking for groups, lets face it most people who've been here a long time have or know somebody who can pl them so why are they going to waste there time wandering about the starter towns?

Can't say this problem is specific to daoc. Ive been in wow and other games in there starter area's and you might see maybe one, or two other people there.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Jerjerod said:
http://daoc.goa.com/en/

I dont realy know if its apropriate to have a public vote on /level 20. I think the majority of people with level 50's dont greatly care about this, although removeing it would be small inconvinience and therefore something i asume most people will be voting against.
However new players who join the game to find the starting towns are empty are getting hit very hard by it. I certainly hope the desision wont be taken purely on the vote and that the benefits of people not yet playing the game will be taken in to account.

the starting towns will be empty regardless of /level 20 command or not, power levelling has killed random PvE encounters anyway.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Removing the level 20 command would mean losing customers for goa, whic would be out of the question.

Katzz

Fledgling Freddie
LOL thats the most stupid poll i ever seen, where is option "I like /level 20 option, dont remove it!" .

Imo give /level 50 on all servers, xping 1st char max 2nd L50 is fun then its very boring. Anyway you will enjoy lot of PvE when you will make your template, when you will hunt money and when you will do master levels.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Katzz said:
LOL thats the most stupid poll i ever seen, where is option "I like /level 20 option, dont remove it!" .

Imo give /level 50 on all servers, xping 1st char max 2nd L50 is fun then its very boring. Anyway you will enjoy lot of PvE when you will make your template, when you will hunt money and when you will do master levels.

Hehe, spot the sarcasm behind "enjoy" ;)

Dorimor1

Banned
Katzz said:

'I would like the /level command to be left on all servers'

Katzz

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm sry, dont have to answer when i do at works 10 things at once.

Anyway i dont see any point why to remove /level 20, you must be crazy if you want to do it, or you realy like to level from L1 to L50.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
When I logged onto US about 10 mins ago the poll was given shall we remove the /level 20 command , i think mythic been reading this thread ( and i had logged on to us this morning aswell so it aint a old poll )

GReaper

Part of the furniture
From the vnboards:

What do you think should be done with /Level 20 in the game?

* I don't want to answer this question.
* Remove it! It is harmful to the low level players and areas in the game
* Remove it and replace it with a 50% XP bonus from level 1 to 20.
* Remove it and replace it with some undetermined bonus not listed in this poll.
* Leave it as is.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
People don't group nowadays because of powerlevelling.

Some people will say keep /level 20 because we have already been through that grind to get a lvl 50 so why make us do it every alt?

Some people will say remove /level 20 because there are no xp groups anymore and you have to go solo nowadays or PL a character.

I can see the pros and cons of both points of view. TBH I would rather remove powerlevelling. Just make it impossible to get xp if you are >10 levels (for e.g.) below anyone in the group. That would mean people would be more likely to group as they used to.

PL is dull as hell anyway. Anyone who does it should push their chair back, look at what they are doing and ask 'is this fun?!'. This game is becoming a game of hermits, no wonder new players are as rare as chickens teeth.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
/level 20 isnt needed with all the nwe quests and the likes now - along with free levels...

get rid of it:) bring back salisbury plains groups!

I have to agree here. SOme of the happiest times I had were on the plains, with all the lowbie's.

Bring back the times when you went on the plains to see graves everywhere ;)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I have used /level command - but tbh I would not miss it - started a Tic (Now 50) which does not give the option of /level - daunting at first - but New Recruit quests are great intro - met and helped a few new arrivals in Mithra - was great not been in there for ages :) Solo/Grp (with ppl of near same level) to 20 - Guildy made me a nice cloth set for Thid - had fun - more Solo/Grp to 40 - Leirvik till 44 - Timed my /freelevel to get to 48 fast (Lost a level thanks to Prydwen Fiasco) - then made it to 50 /played 9 days (including capping Thid RP and RR2L8 in Leirvik - got me purge for NF)

I think because I had to go from Level 1 - gives me more pride in this Char than any /level toon and still having fun - so I am gonna go for /level to be removed :)

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
Forgive me if i'm wrong but didnt the game in Beta have a level range ?
For instance if you went to CM with a lev 40 and you were either 6 levs above or below you would get exp, if not you would get zero. Sorry for being off topic but if this was the case it would stop PLing. :drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom