The Official-Unofficial /level 20 Poll!

What to you think should happen to the /level 20 command

• I would like to see the /level command be removed.

Votes: 303 49.1%
  • I would like the /level command to be left on all servers.

Votes: 288 46.7%
  • I do not wish to respond

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
It was fun the first 4 times (xp'd bm,bard,mentalist,warrior to 50 the normal way) but only cause while I was doing my hib chars I was kinda new to the mmorpg world and I didn't really care about pvping. Now pvp means all to me and I don't really care about pve.

I guess you're right. I got to the same stage, but i find it fun now wandering the old zones, going back over the quests (Damn - Some of them use to be so tricky!) and finding all those interesting places i had forgotten existed. ;)

- Penguin

Angelus562

Regular Freddie
nooo dont get rid of it i use it to try out diff players and there styles and spells

Keitan

Banned
If they remove it thats IF ! half of the people who play daoc will leave imo

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The only thing I would say is to give characters non-transferrable tokens when they /level allowing them to buy decent gear from special NPC merchants. At the mo, you get that 2nd hand crap which is useless for Thid.
Giving tokens means that they cannot be transferred to anther person (even an alt), and they must be used up before attaining level 21 or they get removed.

And when I say decent gear, I mean stuff of the same quality as normal merchants.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Make every 50 on your account count for +10 levels.

1 50 gives you insta level 10, 2 gets you 20. 5 level 50s gives you an insta level 50 of your choice. :)

Keitan

Banned
Tesla Monkor said:

1 50 gives you insta level 10, 2 gets you 20. 5 level 50s gives you an insta level 50 of your choice. :)

I agree :p:p

Birathen

Fledgling Freddie
You guys dont think more people would join if they actually had more people to play with? I just joined the game and.. Well, starter areas are very empty. The highlvl players I've met so far are about the friendliest I've seen in any game but having almost no one in your own lvl to play with is kinda.. Empty. Now, I know I joined a bit late in the games lifetime but still. No game will keep their new players with starter areas dryer then most deserts around. So poo on the /lvl 20 thing and start new characters from scratch. If not becouse you want a new character so becouse you want to keep new players around and help them in their struggle.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tesla Monkor said:

thats actually a pretty good idea, or something along those lines.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Birathen said:
You guys dont think more people would join if they actually had more people to play with? I just joined the game and.. Well, starter areas are very empty. The highlvl players I've met so far are about the friendliest I've seen in any game but having almost no one in your own lvl to play with is kinda.. Empty. Now, I know I joined a bit late in the games lifetime but still. No game will keep their new players with starter areas dryer then most deserts around. So poo on the /lvl 20 thing and start new characters from scratch. If not becouse you want a new character so becouse you want to keep new players around and help them in their struggle.

It is a bit more complex than this, and there are 4-5 reasons to support /level command:
  1. You can invite new friends and give them trial accounts even on your first day, so you can play with them.
  2. Some says /level givesnew players a chance to learn the game and catch up on things before they would find groups. No tensions about mistakes made.
  3. Some would say, it is better if you group with people from 20 to 24 and they use /level than if you can't group with anyone, since they have a PL session to get to "BG" levels quickly.
  4. It makes veterans more willing to start new characters, and with this gives you extra chances to group at higher and harder levels (important)
  5. It makes veerans willing to explore new realms, where they can't PL. So it gives better chances for xp groups, and helps with underpopulation problems.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Raven said:
thats actually a pretty good idea, or something along those lines.
bad idea :/ what about us who dont care for "new" chars... me? i got 1 lvl 50 on excal and a 49 on pryd thats all :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
my short answer is.....we took the time to get lvl 50 so screw you we gonna keep /20

the only thing the new ppl have to argue is "its not fair, we cant so no one should" and in all fairness its not much of an argument.

i think goa should just let everyone start from lvl 20. the veterens play their mains all day and only make /20's for pvp or bg. playing the lower lvl's is utter poo. at least with /20 you get free armour and a chance to beat a mob without almost dying.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Bahumat said:
my short answer is.....we took the time to get lvl 50 so screw you we gonna keep /20

the only thing the new ppl have to argue is "its not fair, we cant so no one should" and in all fairness its not much of an argument.

i think goa should just let everyone start from lvl 20. the veterens play their mains all day and only make /20's for pvp or bg. playing the lower lvl's is utter poo. at least with /20 you get free armour and a chance to beat a mob without almost dying.

the point is that if we want to encourage new players in the game to continue to play, we have to give up, or at the least drop it to /lvl 10, then they can get grps pretty early in their life, as it is every new player has to pretty much solo to 20, hardly something thats gonna encourage them to stick with the game

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not too keen on the insta lvl 50 part in Tesla's proposition, so here's my version :)

5 levels per lvl 50 character per realm you play in. Capped at 25.

So a person with 6 lvl 50s on Albion and 2 on Hibernia, but none on Midgard:

/level 25 on Albion
/level 10 on Hibernia
nothing on Midgard

Oh plus a choice of level upto your cap. So in above case the person can still choose to /level 10 or /level 20 on Albion. Maybe to help a newbie who's lvl 9 at that point to teach him stuff. :) (Yea yea I'm a carebear)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Gribz0r said:
the person can still choose to /level 10 or /level 20 on Albion. Maybe to help a newbie who's lvl 9 at that point to teach him stuff. :) (Yea yea I'm a carebear)

That's an idea that will maybe make a difference. Give people who want to help newbies more options to go do it!

People who /level do so because they want levels 1-20 out of the way fast without any PvE. Remove /level and they will still want to get them out of the way asap. Getting them out of the way doesn't involve grouping with a new level 3 who doesn't know what a grey con looks like.

At least /level 20 keeps thid alive.. if you remove it, thid will become much much emptier, like most of the 25-39 BG's with no-one in them. Why is this a problem for newbies.. well it means instead of having to struggle to 20 to go to thid and enjoy some rvr (with like actual real people as opposed to a keep guard.) Level 50 is the first chance they will get to actually go kill members of the other realms.

Keep /level so thid acts as a stop of point for new players on there quest to 50, a chance early on to see what rvr is like (yes I know it's different etc etc). Ask yourself why no-one goes to the 25-29 BG. Now ask yourself how many people would be in thid without /level. I think you'll find it's much less.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
remove /level!
any better gamer who has a few 50's knows a way to PL his chars, and dont tell me that +1-2 hour PLing makes such a difference.. so its not a real advantage for us, but a great disadvantage for new players.
imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fana said:
Exping to 60/50 takes about the same time in both for a casual newbie i would say, provided he has catacombs in daoc, but he will spend the time solo in daoc, and some classes will be impossible for him to level, or take an eternity (like a healer f.ex). Ofc, he will mostly be solo in wow as well, but he will have constant action, and wont have to sit around for 2-3 min after every fight to regenerate, and he will see people around him all the time, making it feel like the world is more alive.

have to say that’s something I miss from daoc, I have exped all my chars in full groups or solo, last couple, ment and vamp were pure solo, just didn’t ever see anyone around that wanted a group or had room, working on my ani (lvl 43 now) and just dont see anyone. In saying that though i am really enjoying rvr atm on my main, and from the looks of it WoW pvp just doesn’t look that good.

I also still have issues with the WoW graphics, although nice and pretty i dont think they are gritty enough, i love some of the areas in daoc...Volc, DF, some of the cata areas, Cursed forest (if you are brave enough to venture from fins)

Hopefully (though i doubt it) with a good fun pve expansion (darkness rising) some of the old zones will get a polish, new epic mobs, the champion levels sound good to me too, could make for some very interesting combos. If they worked on the pve, fixed toa, got rid of /level 20 (imo) made some of the old dungeons worth visiting, maybe add some new group quests "fight your way to the bottom of Fomor" or something like that, give an exp reward and maybe a quest item.

Not sure i like the idea of RVR quests, for me it takes away part of the point to realm points, a mark of your time in fighting other players, leave NPCs to pve. The feeling you got when you took out your first 50 to rvr, or your latest toon, great fun.

Though ofc daoc doesn’t have Leroy :)

Wow, was a bit of a speech, starting to ramble a little :)

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
if ya got / level 20 or 30 theres no point to game lvling so you may as well have / level whatever...

if new bllod is coming to game ( which i doubt) then removal is best and tbh make it so the more lvl 50s you have the harder it is to xp a new alt time wise
ie 2 lvl 50s = new char takes twice as long to lvl xp wise as a guy with no lvl 50,s

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Righthandof said:
remove /level!
any better gamer who has a few 50's knows a way to PL his chars, and dont tell me that +1-2 hour PLing makes such a difference.. so its not a real advantage for us, but a great disadvantage for new players.
imo.

erm if you assume everyone with a few 50's is gonna PL a new char, why take away /level at all??

Ravenn

Fledgling Freddie
Removal of the /level would help new players greatly as existing players would then have to level up their favourite BG1 classes imo.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
voted to keep /level

simply because i HATE to lvl to 5.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Level to 5? My dear friend today when you start a new char you only have to look at your trainer to ding lvl 2. And without killing anything above blue doing the newbie quests (eek quests! yes quests it take you longer to xp) you ding 5 in half an hour

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
remove it. remake L1-20 so you have to kill very few mobs to ding instead, even for those who are new would be better imo.

if they want people "old" ppl to exp with new ppl, they have to make exp WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY faster, almost at the exp rate of rassa-plvl or so :p (lvl an ½/hour at L35 -> 45 :p - atleast imo, as the only fun in daoc ever imo has been the endgame - where as in wow, endgame sucks, and the exping isnt so bad )

or maybe make new players gain alot exp while being on ml raids + getting steps (even if being L15 ;o) then they would have someone to group with ;) & other players would get ml exp from haveing them in group or something.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
pretty good ideas there.
make exping a looot faster! notice mythic that nobody plays this game because exping is fun. its dam suffering, and because you cant do anything else at the beginning, but to suffer.. im sure many many players decline to continue playing this game, as it suxx for like a month or so.. make it a lot faster, the people here play for rvr or big, epic raids.. not because its so fun to kill some mobs at lvl 33 for 3 hours and nothing..

Causes_Chaos

Banned
rvn said:
remove it. remake L1-20 so you have to kill very few mobs to ding instead, even for those who are new would be better imo.

if they want people "old" ppl to exp with new ppl, they have to make exp WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY faster, almost at the exp rate of rassa-plvl or so :p (lvl an ½/hour at L35 -> 45 :p - atleast imo, as the only fun in daoc ever imo has been the endgame - where as in wow, endgame sucks, and the exping isnt so bad )

or maybe make new players gain alot exp while being on ml raids + getting steps (even if being L15 ;o) then they would have someone to group with ;) & other players would get ml exp from haveing them in group or something.

WOOOOW! a member of NP said somthing that sounds vaguley intelligent :m00:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom