The Official "Unofficial" Euro 2012 Thread

Who will claim the glory ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Still boring? Whatever. Haters are gonna hate. Your shit teams can't touch us.

HAHAHA

CAMARERO! UNA DE CHAMPIÑONES!

spain-flag.gif

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
most of the reason they are boring is because of the tactics that the other teams try and use to counter them ... they are obviously the best team in the world right now and rightly so ... but some one should get some balls and try and out play them instead of just defend ... italy tried today and epic fail ... there must be some counter to this rather than put 10 men in defence

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Really?? You must be on some serious crack, one brilliant half sure, but then a pointless 2nd half, with Italy too tired, a man down and just seeing the game out.

In the context of a big final it was great spectacle. Too often in finals teams play too cautiously and cancel each other out, creating a boring stalemate usually settled by 1 set piece. I enjoyed the game. Shame about the hamstring injury with 30 to go because Italy were pressing hard at that point. Although it left them vulnerable on the break.

Crack in Dubai! Not worth the death pealty, couple of beers though :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Spain were good last night, certainly not boring compared to some of their games before.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
i found it boring for the first 20-30 mins of the second half ... was just keep ball .. either side of that it was ok

'Just' keep ball? I'm sure you'd be ecstatic if your team could play keep ball :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Tbh the Germany v Italy semi was a better spectacle - largely for its unexpectedness but the final was a decent game till the Italy injury.

Well deserved by Spain (as I predicted but hey) - will be interesting to see what tactics the other top teams come up with to counter them.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I love Spain and they deserved to win because they were good at playing football, which it seems I'm mistaken in believing, is the point.
In fact if you stop the gruesome killing of donkeys and bulls...and give us the money back for your motorways, or at least give brits a free pass, then you will be the best country in Europe.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I love Spain and they deserved to win because they were good at playing football, which it seems I'm mistaken in believing, is the point.
In fact if you stop the gruesome killing of donkeys and bulls...and give us the money back for your motorways, or at least give brits a free pass, then you will be the best country in Europe.

You can have a free pass on our motorways for sure, after all, they are all built and equipped with brit+german equipment ;) (hint hint)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Was great to see Spain play up to their potential in the final, and the two Chelsea boys getting cameo goals too. :p

Have to say though this game really showed how the view of Spain being boring in this tournament was hugely down to the way teams set up against them. Italy went out and attacked Spain and while they should be applauded for that, it really shows how devastating Spain can be when they're given the space that more defensive playstyles deny them. With that said, it can't be ignored that Spain simply moved the ball a lot more rapidly and with more intent than they have in other games in this tournament, so it's not ONLY down to the way teams play against them, they also have turn up and play to make the game exciting.

Everz

FH is my second home
I'd suggest that Germany were a Matthaus/Ballack away from winning the fucker.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
If you pass the ball around infront of teams with such efficiency then they'll naturally drop deeper and deeper, so it's a bit of a cycle.

Job

It was lovely to see the kids being brought on at the end, shows the gulf between us brits and the family oriented continentals.
If you've never been to Britain you may be forgiven for thinking all our children turn into bottles of beer after 7pm.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It was lovely to see the kids being brought on at the end, shows the gulf between us brits and the family oriented continentals.
If you've never been to Britain you may be forgiven for thinking all our children turn into bottles of beer after 7pm.
Speak for yourself.....

Job

The missus has applied for funding for some runner she knows from the Jamie Carragher foundation, just had his dad on the phone.
'arrigght laardd, dis is jyakme chharrrghers dadt, you hafter soome fggumding fer soome lad?'
He was the scousest man I've heard so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom