The official Hibgard Alliance Treaty

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
bugz is a fucking genious, finally i know why emotespamming is such a HEAVY offence! :worship:

...or it's just that spamming emotes is classed under grieving, and that's why its bannable. flooding chat logs, comedy gold :D

/sigh

My knowledge is wasted on you VF.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Zede said:
If this now VERY blatent "teaming up" carrys on, I suggest albs use rightnow and mention this thread, and the thread starter for starting a trend in game that could very well be construed as cheating.
pretty obvious why hibs and mids seem to be co-oporating, the lame tactics used by albs. though its false, mids and hibs arent working together and its only a small minority of albs that take pleasure in ruining whats left of the game.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Vodkafairy said:
flooding chat logs, comedy gold :D
actually that is the reason that has been given by Goa before. (in the US you do not get a ban afaik) which is why some guy (cant remember who) got a 3 day ban for /hug spamming a friend at sauvage

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
actually that is the reason that has been given by Goa before. (in the US you do not get a ban afaik) which is why some guy (cant remember who) got a 3 day ban for /hug spamming a friend at sauvage

Apology accepted VF.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
after reading some of requiels posts its indeed flooding that is the cause for banning, not the actual emote - but this can be anything, spamming /y, spamming a spell without recast timer, any random emote, etc.

bugz explanation as to why emotespamming is so bad (missing the /yells of other people while dead, omfg the horror) cracks me up regardless. infact its the most funny and at the same time incredibly stupid thing i have read here in a pretty long time :(

when you get xp ganked by horner and he does /rofl emotes at you, are you going to cry tears of blood because you have to hit one button to scroll up in your chatlog or do you get pissed at him being a rude ****? :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
after reading some of requiels posts its indeed flooding that is the cause for banning, not the actual emote - but this can be anything, spamming /y, spamming a spell without recast timer, any random emote, etc.

bugz explanation as to why emotespamming is so bad (missing the /yells of other people while dead, omfg the horror) cracks me up regardless. infact its the most funny and at the same time incredibly stupid thing i have read here in a pretty long time :(

when you get xp ganked by horner and he does /rofl emotes at you, are you going to cry tears of blood because you have to hit one button to scroll up in your chatlog or do you get pissed at him being a rude ****? :p

My post was merely to explain to you in simplier terms how flooding can affect combat messages etc. which ultimately ends in reduced quality of gaming.

If it's so stupid eh? Then why is it GoA's stance on the matter? In a kind of subtle way, your saying GoA are stupid too for thinking the same way as me?

Not everyone plays like you do VF, to some, being dead and being able to say 'x mob on healer' in group chat or so on is handy to have. If someone is emote spamming, you can't see this as well.

Think outside of the box my friend, and don't be quick to judge :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
My post was merely to explain to you in simplier terms how flooding can affect combat messages etc. which ultimately ends in reduced quality of gaming.

see my post above. if you get emotespammed and your first thought is that the quality of your gaming experience is reduced because your log clutters up then you need a serious fucking realitycheck.

If it's so stupid eh? Then why is it GoA's stance on the matter? In a kind of subtle way, your saying GoA are stupid too for thinking the same way as me?

And goa never do stupid stuff? I'd say its the other way around: they make a stupid policy and you agree with it. Unless you really believe they base your policies on your thoughts :rolleyes:

Not everyone plays like you do VF, to some, being dead and being able to say 'x mob on healer' in group chat or so on is handy to have. If someone is emote spamming, you can't see this as well.

Sure I play differently, but what does that have to do with anything? I'm guessing you mean that I play with voicechat when I rvr, but this has absolutely fuck all to do with your log. Look, I'll show:

log.jpg

ill repeat myself once more: if you seriously care about your log cluttering up when you're dead and being emotespammed rather then the guy being childish, then i think this dutch term is more then appropriate for you: miereneuker.

ps. is it miereneuker or mierenneuker? :eek:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Bugz said:

Trying to point this out in the nicest possible way, but surely looking would reveal that X mob is, infact, on the healer, would be far easier than relying on text ? If someone is spending the time to "flood out combat messages" then they are not nuking your group mates.

You're saying that the problem is not the nasty emote, its the fact that its making it so you cant see combat information, that you can see by panning?

:eek7: ?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Stop ruining my serious thread by going offtopic!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
you shouldnt exist for being so worthless

you would proberly stop existing if you got banned for 7 days :touch:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
This thread became a lot better when Bugz took up yet another lost cause in it.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
see my post above. if you get emotespammed and your first thought is that the quality of your gaming experience is reduced because your log clutters up then you need a serious fucking realitycheck.

If someone emotes spams me to be annoying and I miss something important be it an evade or whatever - my quality of gaming is reduced.

VF said:
And goa never do stupid stuff? I'd say its the other way around: they make a stupid policy and you agree with it. Unless you really believe they base your policies on your thoughts :rolleyes:

Never said that did i? Don't assume. It's not a stupid policy. If emote spamming wasn't punished, who knows what the situation would have developed into.

VF said:
Sure I play differently, but what does that have to do with anything? I'm guessing you mean that I play with voicechat when I rvr, but this has absolutely fuck all to do with your log. Look, I'll show:

log.jpg

What beats me is, how the fuck can you sit here argueing when that screenshot shows you know absoluotely fuck all about what your argueing about. Combat messages go into the top part. 'angry mob attacks dave' goes into the top part. If some annoying little prick is spamming 'x laughs at you,' you won't see that combat message and you can't relay the information.

VF said:
ill repeat myself once more: if you seriously care about your log cluttering up when you're dead and being emotespammed rather then the guy being childish, then i think this dutch term is more then appropriate for you: miereneuker.

Who said it happens only when you're dead? You yourself stated that isn't true. But yes, sometimes it does matter.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

I like to educate people such at yourself with GoA's rules etc.

Don't thank me Belo, it's fine - trust.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Belomar said:

You think so? I get a headache every time this happens :(

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
I like to educate people such at yourself with GoA's rules etc.

Don't thank me Belo, it's fine - trust.

Probably only reason someone emotes spams you is that you a complete and utter :wanker: and it gives people a lot of Joy.

I think all you pointless posts just make people want to emote you even more.

Soulja

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
Probably only reason someone emotes spams you is that you a complete and utter :wanker: and it gives people a lot of Joy.

I think all you pointless posts just make people want to emote you even more.

Soulja

Am retired :p

But lol, thxs for the compliment.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
What beats me is, how the fuck can you sit here argueing when that screenshot shows you know absoluotely fuck all about what your argueing about. Combat messages go into the top part. 'angry mob attacks dave' goes into the top part. If some annoying little prick is spamming 'x laughs at you,' you won't see that combat message and you can't relay the information.

It was a reply to this bit in your post.

Bugz said:
Not everyone plays like you do VF, to some, being dead and being able to say 'x mob on healer' in group chat or so on is handy to have.

I did asume that you use your eyes to see what's happening in a fight, rather then you relying on your chatlog to see who hits what. Excuse me for overestimating you. :rolleyes:

Besides, what idiot would spam emotes if the fight isn't over yet? :eek7:

I'll just stick to what I said first: your entire argument is fucking hillarious. ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
It was a reply to this bit in your post.
I did asume that you use your eyes to see what's happening in a fight, rather then you relying on your chatlog to see who hits what. Excuse me for overestimating you. :rolleyes:

What if their is a large amount of mobs in one space? You can use your eyes to see who is hitting what PBAoEr or whatever? Or what character is hitting what person? Wow, you must have very impressive eyes.

VF said:
Besides, what idiot would spam emotes if the fight isn't over yet? :eek7:

I've had it a few times where one person has been spam hugging me whilst I'm fighting something else, making it hard for me to see if styles have landed etc. etc. It can also happen in pve, in camlann, in your own realm, in the frontiers. The ability to abuse the spamming of emotes is immense.

VF said:
I'll just stick to what I said first: your entire argument is fucking hillarious. ;)

Is that before or after you to continue to post to try and combat my arguement?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
sorry, i have much better things to do then get further into each of your specific points. go feel proud you have 'won' and i hope you will get famous for proving the case of flooding daoc emotes being the most dangerous threat to the game! :D

i'm curious tho, name me one situation where emotespam has made you miss a key thing in your log and therefor have 'reduced your gaming experience'? i have probably played way more then you, and never ever came across such a ridiculess thing :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
not meaning to get involved, there was a case of people spamming /y while being dead at ml10 (another realm was trying to do a lotto) though ofc very little to do with emotes. Goa's stance on it is pretty dumb, banning for emote spamming, but, well, its pretty much the norm isnt it :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
not meaning to get involved, there was a case of people spamming /y while being dead at ml10 (another realm was trying to do a lotto) though ofc very little to do with emotes. Goa's stance on it is pretty dumb, banning for emote spamming, but, well, its pretty much the norm isnt it :)

yeah that's one example of flooding being annoying, but /yells can be turned off in the status window :p according to goa such a thing would be bannable though. /shrug

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you can tell peoples nationalities and age from which emotes then use and how many emotes they do after adding on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom